[1.3.0] Hospitality

Started by Orion, March 13, 2015, 11:19:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aarkreinsil

I have a problem with visiting traders refusing to eat anything (they won't pick up food nor eat the food from their inventory), then they get pissed off and leave, giving me a reputation hit.

Some of them even go beserk from the starvation and when trying to knock them unconscious, they die on the spot despite having no critical injuries, which makes diplomacy even harder.
Also my guests ALWAYS get a -5 "Shared Bedroom" malus, even if I put all guest beds in their own rooms.

Orion

Quote from: Antario on April 14, 2016, 03:44:11 AM
when i have visitors and they come during the night, the next morning my designated negotiators wake up and just start harrassing the visitors (not entirely sure if that's the only occasion)
Yeah I'm not too happy with it either. But I do think the player has to know if it's going well or not. I'm open for suggestions.

they do an 'improve the relationship' once every second or so untill they succeed, the message says that faction rep is decreasing when it fails but it doesnt.
Yeah the text doesn't exactly match anymore what is happening. It actually increases / decreases the relationship with the recruiter and makes the target happier. If the visitors leave happy, the relationship with the faction goes up, if not it goes down.
[/quote]

it's a nice rep boost eventually but it's kinda spammy and seems broken?
Agreed. Could be better. Not sure yet how.

Quote from: Astasia on April 14, 2016, 07:09:05 AM
Only issue I had is that the mod seems to reorganize the work priority menu a little, and adding it to an existing game causes some wonkiness there. It mixes up some of the priorities, which can include blocked activities, so I had an incapable of violence character that somehow gained a priority in hunting that I couldn't see or remove.
Yeah, this is quite unfortunate. It's an issue with how RimWorld stores the priorities. If you add or remove a job, it all gets messed up :/

Quote from: Astasia on April 14, 2016, 07:09:05 AM
Also the trade caravans don't plant flags. Maybe that's an intentional balance concern and the reason for the flag system in the first place, but it means when one of your character's family members shows up with a caravan, you can't do anything about it.
This is intentional. You can't recruit or interact with the caravans, so they use the base system for where they stay. It's annoying to have 5 muffalos and 10 boomrats running around in your base, and improving relationships with the slaves of another faction doesn't make much sense either.

Quote from: PimpThatDing on April 14, 2016, 07:45:00 AM
Hello, thx for this Mod. I have translate your Mod in the German Language. Is not perfect translating.
Quote from: Severik on April 14, 2016, 09:22:06 AM
I´ve just tried the German Translaton by PimpThatThing and found it ab bit to "Word by Word" and changed changed it to some more logical and better understandable Sentences/Words. i hope it is of any Use.
Thanks for the effort! I must say, though, that I don't include translations with my mods, because when I make changes I have to keep them updated or they won't work right for people using that language. This is not something I have the time for (it's annoying enough to keep the English files uptodate).
If you upload the translations somewhere, I will link to them from the front page.

Quote from: hwoo on April 14, 2016, 10:43:37 AM
the priority mix up and the flag situation sound concerning so i wont download the new update till orion checks that out. to hear the improving relations works now makes me dam happy to hear!
The flag thing I won't fix. The priority thing is very annoying but something I can't fix (afaik). So either start a new colony, or live with having to readjust them. It's a pity RimWorld doesn't do a check to clean them up. Maybe I can make a patch one day, but don't count on it.

Quote from: Speeny on April 14, 2016, 08:58:09 PM
I had an interesting bug with the mod where my negotiator was talking trying to recruit some one and the percentages kept going up. started at 90 ended at 120% after that the person join and it said chief angered. I did not think much about this because they were at 1+ rep and the loss was 20. then the message started spamming that the others were leaving and they enjoyed their stay, so much so that it caused a game slowdown. before they had left my base it said bad will and they started attacking me. i looked at the faction rep and they were suddenly at -100. Worse than the pirates. I will try and record a video of this if i can. I think the conflict may have come from the more factions mod I am using.
Sounds awful. I wouldn't suspect the more factions mod. From all I can tell it's just a Def mod. I'll take a look later.

Quote from: Aarkreinsil on April 15, 2016, 02:50:52 AM
I have a problem with visiting traders refusing to eat anything (they won't pick up food nor eat the food from their inventory), then they get pissed off and leave, giving me a reputation hit.
This sounds like a mod conflict or a version mismatch (is RimWorld A13? Did you pick the A13 version? Do you use a A12 mod?). What other mods do you use?

Quote from: Aarkreinsil on April 15, 2016, 02:50:52 AM
Also my guests ALWAYS get a -5 "Shared Bedroom" malus, even if I put all guest beds in their own rooms.
This is fixed for the next version. Guests won't have this malus anymore. Since they can't own a room or bed, they won't benefit from having their own room either, though (except for not getting the crowded malus when there's a lot of people in their bedroom).

Antario

so i did some more experimenting, had a few social 10+ with negotiator as nr.1 priority

it just spams them over and over and over again all day long untill they attack the negotiator

i've resolved to make my guest room acceptable and leaving them alone is the only work-around, actually interacting is basically just a death sentence for the target at this point.

you can't uninstall this mod without fatal errors to the save can you?

Aarkreinsil

I'm using 0.13.1135, together with Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering and Edge Technologies.

The issue with traders not eating only happens with a tribal faction. The Outlander Town traders only eat the stuff I sell them, but that's still better than nothing.

It's almost impossible to not get a reputation hit nowadays, even when they are at like 60-70% happiness, they "Didn't enjoy their stay", and sometimes I even get the blame for them being brawlers with ranged weapons. The best I can pull off now is "Acknowledge your hospitality" with no relationship bonus.
When I started the game, I didn't even give my guests any beds to sleep in, yet the hospitality bar was at 90% all the time.

One day I had a weird bug where said tribals visited me, and upon getting up the next day, I got spammed with "They didn't enjoy their stay" (roughly 5 times per second), and they immediately turned hostile.

After killing most of the visitors, the remaining survivors fled, "Acknowledged" my "Hospitality" and put their faction back into a non-hostile state.

Just before that happened, I updated the mod and made sure to keep it at the top of the load order, so I don't quite know what the issue might be.

totos_totidis

My guests for some reason have no guest tab. How can i fix that.

Aarkreinsil

Quote from: totos_totidis on April 15, 2016, 09:04:06 AM

Usually they go to a fixed location in your base, which they mark with a guest flag. Only THEN will their guest tab appear.

Orion

Keep the feedback coming! This is useful stuff and helps get the mod right.

Quote from: Antario on April 15, 2016, 04:25:10 AM
so i did some more experimenting, had a few social 10+ with negotiator as nr.1 priority

it just spams them over and over and over again all day long untill they attack the negotiator

i've resolved to make my guest room acceptable and leaving them alone is the only work-around, actually interacting is basically just a death sentence for the target at this point.

I'm still in the process of tweaking the mod to get the balance right. I have one lvl 12 and one lvl 15 negotiator, and it seemed way too easy. Do note that guests can now personally hate the negotiator which will dramatically reduce your chances. So once that is the case you should indeed stop trying to interact with them, unless he's really really good.

Quote from: Aarkreinsil on April 15, 2016, 08:17:16 AM
The issue with traders not eating only happens with a tribal faction. The Outlander Town traders only eat the stuff I sell them, but that's still better than nothing.
Unfortunately I can't reproduce this problem :(

It's almost impossible to not get a reputation hit nowadays, even when they are at like 60-70% happiness, they "Didn't enjoy their stay", and sometimes I even get the blame for them being brawlers with ranged weapons. The best I can pull off now is "Acknowledge your hospitality" with no relationship bonus.
When I started the game, I didn't even give my guests any beds to sleep in, yet the hospitality bar was at 90% all the time.
The mod has a "beginner bonus". For the first 2 years or so visitors go real easy on you. Over time it goes to "normal". Maybe I need to make the bonus last longer and "normal" be a little further on the positive side.

One day I had a weird bug where said tribals visited me, and upon getting up the next day, I got spammed with "They didn't enjoy their stay" (roughly 5 times per second), and they immediately turned hostile.
Did you get any errors at that time?

Quote from: totos_totidis on April 15, 2016, 09:04:06 AM
It won't show for caravans, and with regular guests it doesn't show until they've reached their room.

Antario

Quote from: Orion on April 15, 2016, 02:01:05 PM
Keep the feedback coming! This is useful stuff and helps get the mod right.

Quote from: Antario on April 15, 2016, 04:25:10 AM

I'm still in the process of tweaking the mod to get the balance right. I have one lvl 12 and one lvl 15 negotiator, and it seemed way too easy. Do note that guests can now personally hate the negotiator which will dramatically reduce your chances. So once that is the case you should indeed stop trying to interact with them, unless he's really really good.

i think the problem is that there is no cooldown

without my intervention they just keep doing it over and over and over again.

Orion

Quote from: Antario on April 15, 2016, 02:35:27 PM
i think the problem is that there is no cooldown
without my intervention they just keep doing it over and over and over again.
Yeah it's very low. Maybe I should start tweaking there.

Quote from: Antario on April 15, 2016, 02:35:27 PM
To get back to this question - Make sure there are no visitors on the map and you don't have any guest beds left. Then open your save file, search for "MapComponent". You should find a list of map components that are active in your game. One of them should look like
<li Class="Hospitality.Hospitality_MapComponent">
<bribeCount>
<keys>
<li>1263785195</li>
</keys>
<values>
<li>2</li>
</values>
</bribeCount>
<defaultInteractionMode>Chat</defaultInteractionMode>
</li>

Take that one out.

Antario

that line isn't present in my save file, the only mention of hospitality is actually the mod itself

i'm supposed to be looking in mycityname.rws right?

Killaim

would be neat if you put food in their room and they picked it up they dropped silvers as payment.

even other stuff :D clothes weapons.

just so its not a trade guy but all the pawns might decide to shop :D

WHiZ

Quote from: Killaim on April 16, 2016, 03:29:32 PM
would be neat if you put food in their room and they picked it up they dropped silvers as payment.

even other stuff :D clothes weapons.

just so its not a trade guy but all the pawns might decide to shop :D

good idea... i'd prefer to give them free meals tho to increase hospitality.. the quality(value) of the meal increases the hospitality more..

nuschler22

Every time my negotiator tries to recruit someone, they end up attacking them.  He's at 11 so it's not exactly low.

It seems like the probability to upset is quite high right now.

Rock5

Quote from: Orion on April 15, 2016, 03:15:06 AM
Thanks for the effort! I must say, though, that I don't include translations with my mods, because when I make changes I have to keep them updated or they won't work right for people using that language. This is not something I have the time for (it's annoying enough to keep the English files uptodate).
If you always load the English strings first before loading the translated strings then any missing ones will remain English and it should work fine. That way you only need to keep the English one up to date and include translated ones as the community supplies them to you. Easy.
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Butchers Can Count Meat
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

Astasia

Does the "Hospitality.IncidentWorker_VisitorGroup" not call whatever function was added in A13 that creates family members for the current pawns? I figured if I can't recruit using the base game visitors and traders I would just disable them all and only use the hospitality "incident" to create visitors I can interact with, but after dozens of your visitor groups I have not had a single family member generated. Previously I was getting family members showing up all the time, but it was always in a group passing through or a caravan, which did nothing but frustrate me.

If so I wonder if it's also not using the system that allows to same pawns to come back and visit again?