[1.3.0] Hospitality

Started by Orion, March 13, 2015, 11:19:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rock5

Quote from: Orion on April 17, 2016, 08:14:05 AM
Quote from: Rock5 on April 16, 2016, 11:37:50 PM
If you always load the English strings first before loading the translated strings then any missing ones will remain English and it should work fine. That way you only need to keep the English one up to date and include translated ones as the community supplies them to you. Easy.
Do you have an example how you would do that?
Sorry, I spoke in ignorance. We do something similar in another project I'm in for another game. In that case we do the loading of the language files so we are able to do like I said. I didn't realize Rimworld does the language loading itself. I should have realized.
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Butchers Can Count Meat
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

Viajo

After i installed this my work tab seems to be bugged. I've got people doing jobs they aren't marked to do. I'm using this, modular tables, More Bionics, and one to get rid of the new diseases. Any help?

Orion

Quote from: Viajo on April 17, 2016, 09:31:29 PM
After i installed this my work tab seems to be bugged. I've got people doing jobs they aren't marked to do. I'm using this, modular tables, More Bionics, and one to get rid of the new diseases. Any help?
Sorry about that. It's a known issue with the base game. If a new job role is added, everything to the right gets moved one up (even if the colonist doesn't even have the skill). It sucks a lot and I haven't so far managed to fix it from my side. There is a mod that overhauls the work tab, so maybe it's worth checking if it fixes this issue.

Quote from: Rock5 on April 17, 2016, 08:55:11 PM
Sorry, I spoke in ignorance. We do something similar in another project I'm in for another game. In that case we do the loading of the language files so we are able to do like I said. I didn't realize Rimworld does the language loading itself. I should have realized.
No problem. I was hoping there was indeed an easy way to do it.

Quote from: Astasia on April 17, 2016, 06:37:44 PM
A couple more seasons in and I started seeing a few family members showing up.
Great! I'm glad it's not bugged.

Quote from: nuschler22 on April 17, 2016, 02:59:04 PM
I certainly don't mind the chance that the visitor will turn on the negotiator.  But considering that's all that has happened out of about 10 attempts to recruit (the lowest difficulty to recruit factor, typically under 40 by the way), it seems I'd be better not using it.  Sad, because I really liked this mod in the past.
I have. They don't join until after the group packs up to leave, and they will sit there and spam recruit the whole time even when it's not needed. I've also found it's not worth even attempting to interact with them with a pawn at under like 14-15 social skill. At like 10-12 the chances are too low to be worthwhile, anything below that is just going to do harm. Needs some balance tweaking.
It used to be that once you hammer recruiting at them long enough they will join. I changed it so they won't decide until they group is actually leaving. Your colonists will continue attempting to recruit them even if they're at "100%", because it increases the chance it'll still be 100% when they leave.
But usually once a visitor's mood is at 100% I turn interactions with them off, since they will grow tired of the recruiter eventually.

This is how it works right now. I am planning to make the interactions less frequent but also more impactful. Also I am planning to decouple recruiting from the visitor's mood. So yes, you'll be able to recruit a grumpy brawler with a ranged weapon, etc. but also be able to fail recruitment, even though the person is super glad.
So what will it be? It'll be all about the relationship with your colonists - mostly the recruiter. So it'll tally up how much the visitor likes your colonists. The total sum has to be positive. If they really hate someone in your colony, you'll have a hard time. It will also require a minimum average. This will make it increasingly harder to recruit new colonists, the more you already have, because the recruiter will count less and less into the average.
I do understand that this is the most essential part of the mod and getting it right is very important to me.

Oh, one more thing: If your recruiter is abrasive, you'll have a very hard time convincing anyone (because negative interactions count double).

Quote from: mcduff on April 17, 2016, 05:26:50 PM
Lol, I know you guys have to ask that kind of question but, yeah, I have. That screenshot was taken where the only two mods loaded were EDB mod order and Hospitality.
Are both mods A13 and is the game A13?

nuschler22

Quote from: Orion on April 17, 2016, 08:14:05 AM
Quote from: Astasia on April 17, 2016, 07:02:58 AM
Does the "Hospitality.IncidentWorker_VisitorGroup" not call whatever function was added in A13 that creates family members for the current pawns? If so I wonder if it's also not using the system that allows to same pawns to come back and visit again?

Thanks. :)
It does use the A13 function.

Ok, strange. Maybe I found a base game bug, or am having just really crazy bad luck. 3 years in and none of my colonists have any family connections. I'll have to start paying attention to visitors and raiders, to see if any connections are being made at all.

Edit: Just a very long RNG streak it seems. A couple more seasons in and I started seeing a few family members showing up.

Quote from: nuschler22 on April 17, 2016, 02:59:04 PM
Has anyone successfully recruited a visitor? 

Can you give us some tips?  I have a nice room (nicer than my colonists) with six guest beds.

Otherwise, this mod has become completely useless and more of a burden than anything.

I certainly don't mind the chance that the visitor will turn on the negotiator.  But considering that's all that has happened out of about 10 attempts to recruit (the lowest difficulty to recruit factor, typically under 40 by the way), it seems I'd be better not using it.  Sad, because I really liked this mod in the past.

I have. They don't join until after the group packs up to leave, and they will sit there and spam recruit the whole time even when it's not needed. I've also found it's not worth even attempting to interact with them with a pawn at under like 14-15 social skill. At like 10-12 the chances are too low to be worthwhile, anything below that is just going to do harm. Needs some balance tweaking.

TheGibster

http://imgur.com/yDyN6Hl Please help im just not gunna use the mod cause i dont know what happend and messed up my game making me go to a older save

Orion

Quote from: TheGibster on April 18, 2016, 02:23:11 PM
http://imgur.com/yDyN6Hl Please help im just not gunna use the mod cause i dont know what happend and messed up my game making me go to a older save
You shouldn't save the game after getting an error. Can you maybe tell a bit more about how it happened?

Elanwye

I have the same error, at least a dozen times. I never took a screenshot of it (Never thought to, sorry!), and the only way out temporarily was to go into the Dev console and 'destroy' the faction visitor that is causing said error.

The error is only shown through the log, and the game also pauses indefinitely until I remove my faction allies permanently from the game. =(

Here is all the mods I have enabled for Rimworld v13: http://imgur.com/8H73I5z

As for how it happens, it seems as though every-time a faction's pawns have high enough of a relationship with my colony- they attempt to join. It then stops the game with the afore-posted error by the user above you. So far I have been unable to recruit from factions as a result.

(Update---> Here is another log of the similar error that pauses the game: http://imgur.com/ebMcyme )

Orion

Quote from: Elanwye on April 18, 2016, 06:12:32 PM
Okay, so you put in every A13 mod in existence and hope it will not break anything... unlikely! The amount of possible conflicts here is staggering. I can't even begin to guess which ones might clash. Although my suspicion is usually with the "Miscellaneous" mods.

As for how it happens, it seems as though every-time a faction's pawns have high enough of a relationship with my colony- they attempt to join. It then stops the game with the afore-posted error by the user above you. So far I have been unable to recruit from factions as a result.

(Update---> Here is another log of the similar error that pauses the game: http://imgur.com/ebMcyme )
The description of the problem is already helpful. Could you click on the object reference error and post a screenshot of the details? If possible with the other error as well.

Severik

I have the same error, at least a dozen times. I never took a screenshot of it (Never thought to, sorry!), and the only way out temporarily was to go into the Dev console and 'destroy' the faction visitor that is causing said error.

The error is only shown through the log, and the game also pauses indefinitely until I remove my faction allies permanently from the game. =(

Had a bit if time and tried this "modpack" in 3 oft my PCs, runs smooth wirhout errors on  the machine with 32gb ddr4 RAM, i7-5829k and radeon r9 290x but produces errors and shutdowns on the 2 Laptops with 4/8 GB RAM, some old i3 CPUs and onboard/integrated gpu ....dunno if its oft any help.... Ah yeah, os  and gernerall setup are the same

nuschler22

My negotiator is now a 17 (was a 20), "beautiful," and has no negative qualities like abrasive.

I have had no success in recruiting anyone.  The vast majority of the time it says the person was upset.  Maybe 5 percent of the time they were charmed.  This doesn't count all the other people being upset by noticing.   I've yet to have one person join. 

The difficulty always goes up.

Can you have a nice visitor space, set to recruit and have your negotiator not contact them and they'll still join if the guest tab is set to recruit?  Or do you have to talk to the visitor for them to join?

Orion

Quote from: Severik on April 19, 2016, 07:47:53 PM
Had a bit if time and tried this "modpack" in 3 oft my PCs, runs smooth wirhout errors on  the machine with 32gb ddr4 RAM, i7-5829k and radeon r9 290x but produces errors and shutdowns on the 2 Laptops with 4/8 GB RAM, some old i3 CPUs and onboard/integrated gpu ....dunno if its oft any help.... Ah yeah, os  and gernerall setup are the same
Hm... not really.. I can't exactly see a correlation here. I'd be interested in the errors you get, though. Screenshot the details?

Nanao-kun

I also got the same error. I wasn't trying to recruit any of them either, nor was I trying to improve relationship.

Modlist:

<li>Core</li>
    <li>AllowTool</li>
    <li>CheaperComponents</li>
    <li>T-ExpandedCloth</li>
    <li>T-MiscStuff</li>
    <li>T-MoreFloors</li>
    <li>ED-ClosableVent</li>
    <li>ED-LaserDrill</li>
    <li>ED-Plant24H</li>
    <li>ED-PoweredVent</li>
    <li>ED-Shields</li>
    <li>ExpandedProsthetics&amp;OrganEngineering</li>
    <li>FloorLights</li>
    <li>GlitterTech</li>
    <li>Hospitality</li>
    <li>M&amp;Co. ForceField</li>
    <li>Miscellaneous_Core</li>
    <li>Miscellaneous_Objects</li>
    <li>Miscellaneous_Robots</li>
    <li>Modular Tables</li>
    <li>More Factions Spawn</li>
    <li>More Furniture</li>
    <li>PackMuffalo</li>
    <li>Pawn State Icons</li>
    <li>PowerCell-PowerCell1.3</li>
    <li>Rimfire 2.0</li>
    <li>Rimsenal</li>
    <li>Rimsenal_Federation</li>
    <li>Rimsenal_Feral</li>
    <li>Rimsenal_hair</li>
    <li>Rimsenal_Security</li>
    <li>Rimsenal_Storyteller</li>
    <li>RT Fusebox</li>
    <li>RT Storage</li>
    <li>RTFTJ</li>
    <li>RTGs</li>
    <li>RW_EnhancedTabs-0.13.0.1</li>
    <li>RW_FluffyRelations-0.13.0.1</li>
    <li>RW_MedicalInfo-0.13.0.1</li>
    <li>RW_PawnBar-0.13.0.1</li>
    <li>Stonecutting Tweak</li>
    <li>Storage Crates</li>
    <li>TilledSoil</li>
    <li>Turrets Pack</li>

And, and since you mentioned it the "Miscellaneous" mods are from this https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=3612.0

T-MiscStuff is just a scrap metal wall.

nuschler22

Well, I guess its time to remove the mod since it feels useless now.   

I asked a simple question and apparently people don't know or are too busy to answer. 

Shame.  This was a great mod.

Nanao-kun

Quote from: nuschler22 on April 21, 2016, 12:14:53 PM
Well, I guess its time to remove the mod since it feels useless now.   

I asked a simple question and apparently people don't know or are too busy to answer. 

Shame.  This was a great mod.

Recruiting works for me. No clue why it's broken for you. I have noticed they only join once they pack up to leave though if I recall.

The King of Nipples

I do not see the "Guest" tab and cannot make beds I have reset my load order I do play with other mods and I play A13