[1.3.0] Hospitality

Started by Orion, March 13, 2015, 11:19:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Olib

That's really cool. A guy in the CR mod thread also edited CR so people stopped dropping things when they visited, but they moved so slow from being overburdened. This is nice though.

LadyPanaz

Ok found the attach file. File was still too big had to compress it.

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

Orion

Quote from: Olib on May 22, 2016, 06:20:15 PM
That's really cool. A guy in the CR mod thread also edited CR so people stopped dropping things when they visited, but they moved so slow from being overburdened. This is nice though.
In this case, it just keeps adding until the inventory says "no". Also, visitors will never buy stuff that would overburden them.

Quote from: LadyPanaz on May 23, 2016, 12:04:55 AM
Ok found the attach file. File was still too big had to compress it.
I looked at it. It's hard to tell what exactly is wrong, but some is seriously going wrong there. It looks like the hospitality library doesn't even load.
Are you sure you have alpha 13 of RimWorld installed, and the latest version of Hospitality?
Have you made sure you deleted the previous folder before putting in the new one?
Also note, with version 1.13 of Hospitality you will need CCL as well.

RagingLoony

played for roughly 6 hours and had no problems. people seem to be alot harder to please in this release or i might have just encountered a few difficult pawns lol

Killaim

no idea why but takes very long to load map and then when it finally loads almost all modded items are gone (walls tables production) even alot of colonists just vanished. along with all items

Orion

Quote from: RagingLoony on May 23, 2016, 05:32:27 AM
played for roughly 6 hours and had no problems. people seem to be alot harder to please in this release or i might have just encountered a few difficult pawns lol
That could be. I'm still tweaking it, so if you generally feel it's too hard I'll take that into account.

Quote from: Killaim on May 23, 2016, 06:47:13 AM
no idea why but takes very long to load map and then when it finally loads almost all modded items are gone (walls tables production) even alot of colonists just vanished. along with all items
Sounds like you have a conflict of mods. What's your mod list, and what was it before you added Hospitality?
Do you get errors in the console?

RagingLoony

Quote from: Orion on May 23, 2016, 10:01:09 AM
That could be. I'm still tweaking it, so if you generally feel it's too hard I'll take that into account.

I dont think it's too hard, but I only had a couple people visit, game was playinmg hardball and isnt giving me any traders atm, which sucks as im running out of seeds to plant shit lmao. Will play some more and let you know if I feel there are any unbalanced aspects. ofcourse it'd just be this one mans opinion :P

Culise

I've been getting "gone missing" notifications fairly regularly for visitors of late.  This normally wouldn't seem too odd, but I actually took to following visitors to determine where they die and they do successfully reach the edge of the map.  Given that my present game is on an ice sheet where the annual highs are somewhere in the vicinity of 30 below zero centigrade and lows reach -90°C, does the mod track off-map deaths due to cold as well, or have I just run into a bug? 

nobrainer

Quote from: Orion on May 22, 2016, 02:12:14 PM
Update
It now works with Combat Realism out of the box, no patch required. Visitors will spawn with backpacks and take bulk and weight limits into account. If you update, make sure you have CCL installed.

Hey Orion, great work there!
I've tried this mod in the previous Alpha and it was really cool.
I'm currently playing a game with Combat Realism and the Scheduled Caravans mod and I'm having that issue of visitors dropping stuff as soon as they enter the map because, inspite of Combat Realism disabling small traders, Scheduled Caravans "re-enables" them.
I'm not intending to use Hospitality in this playthrough just yet, and would like to ask if it's possible to have this CR compatibility functionality without having to have the rest of the Hospitality mod.

Or maybe having some way of setting on/off the various "parts" of Hospitality to have some control over what mechanics it affects.

Nanao-kun

I've also had visitors go missing after they left.

Orion

Quote from: Nanao-kun on May 24, 2016, 01:14:59 AM
Quote from: Culise on May 23, 2016, 11:33:41 AM
I've been getting "gone missing" notifications fairly regularly for visitors of late.  Does the mod track off-map deaths due to cold as well, or have I just run into a bug? 
Thanks for reporting this. I'll have to triple and quadruple check this mechanic then. Guess something slipped through the cracks somewhere.
Or you both have a mod conflict, which I rather doubt.

Quote from: nobrainer on May 23, 2016, 12:59:50 PM
I'm currently playing a game with Combat Realism and the Scheduled Caravans mod and I'm having that issue of visitors dropping stuff as soon as they enter the map because, inspite of Combat Realism disabling small traders, Scheduled Caravans "re-enables" them.
I'm not intending to use Hospitality in this playthrough just yet, and would like to ask if it's possible to have this CR compatibility functionality without having to have the rest of the Hospitality mod.
Thanks, but this is not a generic fix for CR's problems. In fact, it only fixes the parts controlled by Hospitality, which is the visitor group. Passing factions and trade caravans (especially when activated by other mods) are completely unaffected.

Or maybe having some way of setting on/off the various "parts" of Hospitality to have some control over what mechanics it affects.
There are not that many parts to Hospitality that would work on their own. Again, if you want a fix for problems CR introduces, I think you can better ask in the CR thread (which most likely people have done already, but the more, the merrier).

nobrainer

Quote from: Orion on May 24, 2016, 01:54:48 AM
Thanks, but this is not a generic fix for CR's problems. In fact, it only fixes the parts controlled by Hospitality, which is the visitor group. Passing factions and trade caravans (especially when activated by other mods) are completely unaffected.
Precisely. The "problem" I described earlier happens with visitors, not with trade caravans.
Trade caravans have no problem with CR's weight & bulk system because they come with Muffalos carrying all the stuff.
But visitor groups sometimes have a "trader pawn" in them and that's when the problem happens. Hospitality's solution of having visitor groups spawn with backpacks would be a usefull "plugin" for mods like CR or Scheduled Caravans, or maybe an addon for CCL.
I understand that this is easier said than done, so don't take this as me putting some kind of pressure or anything like that.
I was just asking to see if it was possible.

Quote from: Orion on May 24, 2016, 01:54:48 AM
There are not that many parts to Hospitality that would work on their own. Again, if you want a fix for problems CR introduces, I think you can better ask in the CR thread (which most likely people have done already, but the more, the merrier).
That's just it:

• AFAIK CR fixes the problem by disabling visitor groups;
  • Scheduled Caravans "re-introduces" the problem by re-enabling the visitor groups, and the author recomends the Hospitality mod for the solution;
  • Alpha13 Hospitality has, in fact, a good solution that is not possible to use without the rest of the mod.

It's a complicated situation, I suppose :) .
It's not a big "game-breaking" deal. I'll roll with it for now.
Looking at the latest post in this thread I can see that you're doing a bit of bugfixing and polishing of Hospitality. Once that's sorted out I'll install Hospitality and load it after Scheduled Caravans and that should fix it. :)

LadyPanaz

I removed my mod and add CCL and downloaded latest version. It seems to be fixed thank you.

Orion

Quote from: Nanao-kun on May 24, 2016, 01:14:59 AM
I've tried to reproduce this, but couldn't. So either visitors actually died on your watch, or you have some mod conflict going on.

Nanao-kun

Here's my mod list:

<li>Core</li>
    <li>Community Core Library</li>
    <li>CombatRealism-1.6.51</li>
    <li>CombatRealism Defence</li>
    <li>CorePanda v13.3</li>
    <li>CaveworldFlora</li>
    <li>Apparello</li>
    <li>Additional Joy Objects v3.21</li>
    <li>CTS</li>
    <li>cupros Alloys v1.02</li>
    <li>Dwarven Crafts v1.01</li>
    <li>ED-LaserDrill</li>
    <li>ED-Shields</li>
    <li>ED-Shields-CR</li>
    <li>ED-SubspaceTransponder</li>
    <li>Expanded Power v1.11</li>
    <li>Extra Floors v1.15</li>
    <li>FloorLights</li>
    <li>HaulPriorityLite</li>
    <li>High Caliber</li>
    <li>High Caliber (Combat Realism Patch)</li>
    <li>Industrialisation</li>
    <li>kNumbers-0.4.3.1-A13</li>
    <li>kSmartOptimizeApparel-0.1-A13</li>
    <li>LT_Infusion</li>
    <li>M&amp;Co. AlertSpeaker</li>
    <li>Miscellaneous_Core</li>
    <li>Miscellaneous_MapGenerator</li>
    <li>Miscellaneous_Objects</li>
    <li>Miscellaneous_Robots</li>
    <li>Miscellaneous_Robots_Xtension</li>
    <li>Misc_Patch_-_Core_-_CombatRealism</li>
    <li>More Furniture</li>
    <li>Nightlings</li>
    <li>PackMuffalo</li>
    <li>Pawn State Icons</li>
    <li>PowerCell-PowerCell1.3</li>
    <li>Powerless! v2.20</li>
    <li>Quarry v1.31</li>
    <li>ReclaimFabric-ReclaimFabric1.1</li>
    <li>RemoteExplosives</li>
    <li>RepairBench</li>
    <li>RimPharma v2.23</li>
    <li>RTFTJ</li>
    <li>RT_Fuse-A13-1.0.0</li>
    <li>RT_PowerSwitch-A13-1.0.0</li>
    <li>RT_SolarFlareShield-A13-1.0.0</li>
    <li>Hospitality</li>
    <li>RW_Blueprints-0.13.0.1</li>
    <li>RW_EnhancedTabs-0.13.0.1</li>
    <li>RW_FluffyRelations-0.13.1.1</li>
    <li>RW_MedicalInfo-0.13.0.1</li>
    <li>RW_PawnBar-0.13.0.1</li>
    <li>SkilledBuilder</li>
    <li>Stonecutting Tweak</li>
    <li>T-MoreFloors</li>
    <li>TilledSoil</li>
    <li>Traits</li>
    <li>TRCaravans</li>
    <li>Unifier</li>
    <li>ExpandedProsthetics&amp;OrganEngineering</li>
    <li>CombatRealism EPOE</li>

I just had passerbys go missing in a new game. No corpses or anything, they just left and were immediately declared missing.

For possible conflicts, I can't really imagine anything other than Scheduled Caravans (TRCaravans). Maybe something with CR visitors too.

EDIT: Just got a message saying the faction chief is angry that 0 people went missing, although relations didn't change (+0).