[1.3.0] Hospitality

Started by Orion, March 13, 2015, 11:19:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Delmain

Quote from: Orion on December 21, 2016, 05:33:40 AM
I will update it, but due to the many changes at once (yay huge alphas) it will take some significant time.
To make things worse my computer broke and I can't even get started.

Awesome, thanks dude! I love Hospitality.

I see how it could be a ridiculous amount of work with all the changes to factions with the new world map stuff.

LycanBlackpaw

Yeah, disabling Psychology worked. It's weird-I know they worked together before without this issue...I wonder what changed. It sucks since some of the Psychology traits are really nice.

EDIT: WOOHOO, I got it to work! I think the file I had for Psychology was broken (probably because of Steam auto-updates), but I went to the thread and got a new version of the A15 file-loaded it up, no problems! This post is where I got it from, for anyone who ends up with the same problem.

Orion

Ironlion

https://gist.github.com/888c334ea0c4bb42c60bd797d052d1c2

So I loaded it up in alpha 16, For the sole purpose of seeing just how bad it would be.  There's the log file, if you're curious. 

Most of the stuff there seems to be the..many mods I have installed.  Specifically, the Taiga Animals and Medieval times mods. 

For Hospitality? An error with one reference with guest beds and healing time that must have changed, and a problem with a reference about getting joy from consumables.   

and of course the part where it failed to inject, I'd have been surprised if it didn't.  But surprisingly not a lot of angry red entries. 

But, all I'm saying is that maybe it won't be as bad as you are expecting to update :) 

Orion

That's not how it usually works in my experience... Fixing code is like scraping off an iceberg.
You only ever see the next bit of what doesn't work without much indication how much is buried.
Sometimes it's just a few minutes of work, sometimes it's weeks and every minute of it you thought the end is just around the corner.

Not sure if that makes me a bad programmer or if it's just the nature of the beast ;)

Ironlion

Quote from: Orion on December 25, 2016, 03:53:41 AM
Not sure if that makes me a bad programmer or if it's just the nature of the beast ;)

Well, if you do have a lot of "layers" of code to fix, this time it's not your fault!  :p   It worked before  Tynan had to change stuff.   ::)

I was just trying to be optimistic lol

harpo99999

as a utility programmer (ie I have written utilities for various tasks), it is more the nature of the beast, and at times the ability to look outside the hyper-cube where most people/programmers can only get to the square, can allow you to see the actual cause of the problem and fix the cause, but it does not happen that often, but when it does, boy does it feel GOOOOOOOOOOOOD

MaximuselDVu

System.Linq

I love Hospitality so much I'd be happy to volunteer my time updating it to A16, even to adapt it to use HugsLib. I just wouldn't want to waste any work Orion has already done.

Orion

Hello Psychology,

this is possible now. I've moved this mod to GitHub.

Orion

Against all odds, it's finally here. Sorry for the delay guys. My PC is still broken, so it had to be done on my work laptop. Please let me know about any bugs you find. I couldn't test every possible situation, particularly with multiple colonies.

Alpha 16 Update

Changelog

1.16a - 02.01.2017
- Fix: Updated to A16
- Tweak: Minor text changes
- Tweak: Made guest tab not show confusing information until guests have arrived
- New: Guest tab now shows message for trading caravans
- Tweak: Trust can be built slightly faster now

System.Linq

Oh snap!! I'll definitely be testing it soon.

Seinne

CyberFox

Thank you so much - been waiting for this update.

Canute

Ok, be warned.
When you activate this mod on a current colony, all the work orders/priorities get mixed up.
Or at last this happen to me. A new work row "bed rest" appear and all settings right from it didn't match anymore.