[1.3.0] Hospitality

Started by Orion, March 13, 2015, 11:19:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joaonunes

Quote from: Canute on January 02, 2017, 11:59:54 AM
Ok, be warned.
When you activate this mod on a current colony, all the work orders/priorities get mixed up.
Or at last this happen to me. A new work row "bed rest" appear and all settings right from it didn't match anymore.

I think you are either confusing something or it's another mod's fault because "bed rest" exists in the vanilla game since I can remember
Do you want your colonists to look manlier?
Get a free mustache sample here!

Grishnerf

bed rest was in before, nothing new.

but i can confirm this, when activating Hospitality on a running save the work order priorities get mixed up.
it seems to switch everything 1 row to the right.

Born in Toxic Fallout
Drop-Pod Escape Artist

Orion

Oh yeah. That thing. Really gotta sort it out.

IHateRegistering

Dunno which mod exactly causes that, but I haven't had it happen before I activated Hospitality - A raider and a colonist were in a fight and had a nice chat at the same time. Nothing gamebreaking I imagine and more funny than anything else, but still.

Pichu0102

Only problem I can see with this mod down the road is long colonies starting to fill up the social tab on colonists leading to lag whenever you check it since they like talking to guests. Maybe some sort of slow purge of guests they haven't seen in a while or something could work here...

asquirrel

Orion

@IHateRegistering: There's a good chance it's caused by Hospitality, since it's changing the code for interactions and that may now deviate from vanilla in a way that causes this. Will investigate.
@Pichu: That may or not become a problem. I'll look into it when it does.

DariusWolfe

Really happy to hear this. I've been missing Hospitality.

Orion

And here's already the first hotfix. This will solve the problem of work priorities shifting, when adding Hospitality midgame. Unfortunately, if you're already using Hospitality, they will shift back now. Also the mod is not compatible with the Outfitter mod, at the moment.

Changelog

1.16b - 03.01.2017
- Fix: Work priorities won't shif when adding Hospitality mid game
- New: Added new job for diplomats, separate from warden
- Fix: Colonists won't chat with enemy
- Tweak: Visitor sleep priorities when not tired
- Fix: Error when guests browse wares

joaonunes

Quote from: Orion on January 03, 2017, 11:28:22 AM

That single line of text made me so happy :D Less micromanaging the wardens to let only the high level ones try to improve the relation with a faction or even having only the high social skill level wardens actually be wardens...
Do you want your colonists to look manlier?
Get a free mustache sample here!

Pichu0102

Quote from: Orion on January 03, 2017, 11:28:22 AM
And here's already the first hotfix. This will solve the problem of work priorities shifting, when adding Hospitality midgame. Unfortunately, if you're already using Hospitality, they will shift back now. Also the mod is not compatible with the Outfitter mod, at the moment.

Changelog

1.16b - 03.01.2017
- Fix: Work priorities won't shif when adding Hospitality mid game
- Fix: Colonists won't chat with enemy
- Tweak: Visitor sleep priorities when not tired
- Fix: Error when guests browse wares

Uh-oh. Now I'm worried because Outfitter and Hospitality both seem like they're working (minus Outfitter's new problem with personal shield loops that can be fixed by disallowing them). What breaks if both are enabled that I haven't noticed yet?

Orion

If it's not erroring out for you when someone is performing the new job, you got lucky, I guess!
With me the issue was that it doesn't recognize the new job and keeps spamming errors into the console as soon as someone is taking care of guests.

WoodyDaOcas

System.Linq

The work priorities getting messed up is not a bug. It happens whenever you install a mod that adds new WorkGivers mid-playthrough.

DariusWolfe

If it's unintended, then it's a bug.

Not having the work priorities shift to stay with their original categories with the addition is obviously not intended, because Orion fixed it. Hence, a bug.