[1.3.0] Hospitality

Started by Orion, March 13, 2015, 11:19:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canute

Grrr damn, after i moved the mod around at the mod list i just did the last step and delete and recopied it. A fresh download showed me i allready downloaded it, but it looks like i forget to copy it over.
Now i think i need a new keyboard.  :-[

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: Canute on January 23, 2017, 12:52:12 PM
Grrr damn, after i moved the mod around at the mod list i just did the last step and delete and recopied it. A fresh download showed me i allready downloaded it, but it looks like i forget to copy it over.
Now i think i need a new keyboard.  :-[

Testing aerodynamics? Or possibly compressive strength tests? ;)

faltonico

Hi!
I'm getting this uneventful error:
Could not reserve (168, 0, 110) for Bob doing job BrowseItems A=(168, 0, 110) B=Thing_Penoxycyline39690(curToil=0) for maxPawns 1.Existing reserver: Minnie doing job BrowseItems A=(168, 0, 110) B=Thing_Penoxycyline39690(curToil=1)
I thinkTM it is related to Hospitality because both pawns "Minnie" and "Bob" were guest and the Penoxycyline was inside the guest room.

I liked the changes you made, i'm liking it very much so far. Thanks a lot!

Edit: Disregard this issue, lurking into the log i found out that the error can happen in a lot of different situations, not only involving guests, they all have to do with reserving something to do a job.

Wishmaster

Hello.

I have a mod "Smarter Food Selection" and someone reported compatibility issues with Hospitality.
The mod overrides the food selection behavior of prisoners, pets and colonists but NOT wild animals.

I knew I already had a minor issue back in A15 where it seems that recruited prisoners where still tagged as "IsPrisoner = true" even thu they were colonists. That seemed not to be an issue but with my mod.

But I've never tested with A16 and I'm not playing RimWorld anymore.
(I am just supporting the mod, somehow).

Here is his post.

Heyo, got a bunch of mods installed along with this one and it doesn't seem to work for my pets at all (dogs would rather starve, than hunt a hare). Not sure what can it conflict with, could it be Hospitality (I don't really run any other mods that fiddle with pawns' behavior, not to my knowledge anyway)? On a side note - animals (wild predators to be exact) been acting weird, attacking guests (and only guests) as soon as they arrive to my camp (hence why I suspect Hospitality). I'll figure out soon enough what causes it by simply eliminating mods one by one, but there might be other people with the same issue, so I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask first.

I could not check if some detours were conflicting and I'm using HugsLib.

Does hospitality overrides the vanilla fields of Pawn objects ?

Here is a list of the detours by Smarter Food Selection

FoodUtility.BestFoodSourceOnMap
FoodUtility.FoodSourceOptimality
FoodUtility.TryFindBestFoodSourceFor
FoodUtility.BestPawnToHuntForPredator
FoodUtility.SpawnedFoodSearchInnerScan
WorkGiver_InteractAnimal.TakeFoodForAnimalInteractJob
CaravanPawnsNeedsUtility.GetFoodScore

Orion

Hm. I should start using HugsLib too.

As far as I remember hospitality does not override pawn fields, but it does detour in various trackers, including needs.
It's quite a list of detours, actually. Nothing of what you mentioned above, though.

The source is included with the mod (and its on GitHub). Every detour is inside the detours folder.

I can't help you more right now. Let me know if you have more specific questions.

Smexy_Vampire

haveing the same ishue as above thay not buying food form there room rather then stealing chcolate form my fridge. not rilyl a bother but it was nice when i could have them buy stuff form the bed room XD

Orion

Are you using areas correctly? They don't specifically have rooms anymore.

Deathawaits4

hei, so i get this error when a asari, from the asari mod tries to join me via refugee request. I dont know if this is linked to your mod, but the errorlog t ells me that it has. Can you somehow help me? because when ever a refugee tries to join me, he just comes down via pod, is neutral and just walks away and i dont get a raid or anything. That means that the event doesnt get fired correctly am i right? Well would appreciate your help :) ty for the great mod!

Exception filling window for Verse.Dialog_NodeTree: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at AlienRace.AlienPawn.SetFaction (RimWorld.Faction newFaction, Verse.Pawn recruiter) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Hospitality.IncidentWorker_RefugeeChased+<>c__DisplayClass5.<TryExecute>b__2 () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.DiaOption.Activate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.DiaOption.OptOnGUI (Rect rect, Boolean active) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Dialog_NodeTree.DrawNode (Rect rect) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Dialog_NodeTree.DoWindowContents (Rect inRect) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at HugsLib.GuiInject.WindowDetour+<>c__DisplayClass1.<_WindowOnGUI>b__0 (Int32 x) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String)
HugsLib.GuiInject.<>c__DisplayClass1:<_WindowOnGUI>b__0(Int32)
UnityEngine.GUI:CallWindowDelegate(WindowFunction, Int32, GUISkin, Int32, Single, Single, GUIStyle)

Orion

Hm. Hard to tell. The problem could also be with the AlienRace mod.
Although chances are the pawn passed to it is null. But where does the pawn come from? The AlienRace mod.

I'll try and see if I can reproduce the problem. I'm using the Asari mod myself.

Canute

I currently play with the crystaloid's and don't got problems with joining pawns from event's.

Deathawaits4

i only get it from asari that come with a pod.. i think asari only come with pods tho

faltonico

There might be an incompatibility with rumours and deception,
"Getting random element from empty collection"
That is just a warning though, but it can be very very VERY spammy.
Getting random element from empty collection.
Verse.Log:Warning(String)
Verse.GenCollection:RandomElement(IEnumerable`1)
RumoursAndDeception.InteractionWorker_ChattedAboutSomeone:ChooseChattedAbout(Pawn, Pawn)
RumoursAndDeception.InteractionWorker_ChattedAboutSomeone:RandomSelectionWeight(Pawn, Pawn)
Hospitality.Detouring.<>c__DisplayClass4:<TryInteractRandomly>b__0(InteractionDef)
Verse.GenCollection:TryRandomElementByWeight(IEnumerable`1, Func`2, InteractionDef&)
Hospitality.Detouring.Pawn_InteractionsTracker:TryInteractRandomly(Pawn_InteractionsTracker)
RimWorld.Pawn_InteractionsTracker:InteractionsTrackerTick()
Verse.Pawn:Tick()
Verse.TickList:Tick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:Update()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

Orion

Could be. Although I'm using that mod too and I haven't encountered that issue. Could be a recent change, though.

Grabarz

Is there anyway to limit area where quests can move ? well i created some of food stockpiles where temperature is around -100 celsius and even when i installed mod with refrigerators placed there best quality food i can produce, mosts guests wandering with hypothermia and dying in my super cold stockpiles, then factions are becoming angry and then i got even more enemies ....

Lord_Orion

I'm not sure why but for some reason every visitor I heal up asks to join my colony. It is normally quite rare that you would rescue some one in a given game so no a big deal. Except I play on extremely cold ice sheets were people freeze just walking to my colony. A hole caravan could fall over leaving a 1/4 of there number downed.