[1.3.0] Hospitality

Started by Orion, March 13, 2015, 11:19:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vaulter69

Hello! i just got an issue where 2 guests fought each other and one got incapacitated, an event then occurred where their faction is angry and got a - relationship with them and said they were leaving with the injured. I managed to rescue the downed person before any of his friends can, which they carried him away from the bed before i can managed to heal him. I got a positive relationship boost once they got off the map.

The problem now is there are still 3 guards from their faction still wandering around my base. I'm tempted to just destroy them rather than having a negative hit in relations

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

Orion

@Vaulter: wow, that's a complicated situation indeed. I can see why it failed to resolve correctly.
Well, it's your game, so you'll have to deal with it in a way you like the most. Assume that at some point they pass our, you get - 5, you doctor them up again, they leave the map and you get +15.

Vaulter69

@Orion so i waited till all three were incapacitated and rescued them a few days later another batch of visitors came and i got a huge relationship hit the moment they saw their friends  in bed and left immediately but got a boost once all of them left the map. It's just as you said.

It was a weird ordeal but the relationship between their faction and ours are back to 40.

moral of the story don't bee TOO helpful to visitors!

Devilizer

I've been searching through this thread but couldn't find the info I was looking for.
What kind of incompatibilities is suspected by using this mod in conjunction with More Vanilla Turrets and Colony Manager?

Sixdd

I'd also like to know this. I use Colony Manager and More Vanilla Turrets and quite like both of them.

Ser Kitteh

Incompatible with More Vanilla Turrets? I'm doing just fine with them.

wafflep90

Hey, lovin the mod but just wondering when does this come out onto steam?

ImStereotype

kosh401

I'm using this with More Vanilla Turrets and Colony Manager with no issues. Added this to my current save and all good.

It's already on Steam, the link in the OP or you can search the workshop for Hospitality.

Thanks for the update Orion, awesome mod and the QoL change to painting a room area makes it even better. Cheers!

Orion

Usually Hospitality can be added mid game. Colony Manager breaks this and makes a new game necessary.

More Vanilla Turrets is based on many people calling out that it's an issue. I haven't tried it myself. But once 3 people come and say "hey this doesn't work together" I put it on the list.
I wish I had the time to verify every single claim, but that's just how it is. Maybe I take it off again, now that so many people claim it works fine.

Devilizer

Fair enough. I was just wondering what to expect. :)
I haven't run into any issues adding Hospitality to my save (which already had CM and MVT), I was just curious if I would down the line :)

Thanks for the update, and for a great mod :)

henk

Hi, I've been getting this error since I installed the A17 version, could you verify if this has something to do with your mod? Seems to be a problematic incident that the game has trouble firing.

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at RimWorld.IncidentDef.TargetAllowed (IIncidentTarget target) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.IncidentWorker.CanFireNow (IIncidentTarget target) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Storyteller.TryFire (RimWorld.FiringIncident fi) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.IncidentQueue.IncidentQueueTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Storyteller.StorytellerTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.TickManager.DoSingleTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

Cabdono

First time playing with the mod so I might be missing something but I can't seem to find how to make the guest zone, looked in the area manager and tab and nothing.

bolbies

I'm not getting any errors, but for whatever reason I'm not getting any visitors and I've been playing on my colony for ~6.5 real-time hours and 85 in game days. Any ideas?

DariusWolfe

Guest 'zone' is more like a guest room; It will have 1 or more Guest bed, and be enclosed by doors and walls. So far as I know, there is no way to designate an area for guests in any other fashion, though I believe they will use your dining room and rec room, though I don't know how or if these contribute to the overall impression of your hospitality.