[1.3.0] Hospitality

Started by Orion, March 13, 2015, 11:19:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hrod

I'll try digging out the side. It's actually a peninsula tile (coastlines mod) so maybe they can only leave through the north, even after digging to the side.

What I did in the meantime was to destroy the guests in dev mode (sorry friends), change the beds to normal beds, and remove the mod from the load order. Then I loaded the save again without the mod, saved, and put the mod back in the load order and loaded the save. This seems to have worked. A quick test (spawn visitors and then ask them to leave, which was causing the same issue before) shows that the problem is fixed. For now.

Orion

Update

1.1.10 - 24.05.2020
- New: Added button to guest tab to manage map defaults
- New: Manage Defaults menu now has a setting for disabling guests for the map
- New: Russian translation by kamadz
- Fix: Beds will now only show royal title information when royalty is active
- Fix: Fixed issue with guests not finding path to base caused by locked doors
- Tweak: Optimized shopping code for performance
- Tweak: Now caching guest comp access for performance

Schwartz

Keep getting error logs like "Alien Framework does not have a method X", where X could be CanEat or CanWear or whatever.

I don't have any Alien Framework mod, either.

Alien Framework does not have a method 'CanWear'.
Verse.Log:Error(String, Boolean)
Hospitality.ItemUtility:AlienFrameworkAllowsIt(ThingDef, ThingDef, String)
Hospitality.JoyGiver_BuyStuff:ApparelScoreGain(Pawn, Apparel)
Hospitality.JoyGiver_BuyStuff:Likey(Pawn, Thing)
Hospitality.<>c__DisplayClass5_0:<TryGiveJob>b__5(Thing)
Verse.GenCollection:MaxBy(IEnumerable`1, Func`2, IComparer`1)
Verse.GenCollection:MaxBy(IEnumerable`1, Func`2)
Hospitality.JoyGiver_BuyStuff:TryGiveJob(Pawn)
Hospitality.JobGiver_Relax:GetJob(Pawn, List`1, Job&)
Hospitality.JobGiver_Relax:TryGiveJob(Pawn)
Verse.AI.ThinkNode_JobGiver:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn, JobIssueParams)
Verse.AI.ThinkNode_PrioritySorter:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn, JobIssueParams)
Verse.AI.ThinkNode_Priority:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn, JobIssueParams)
Hospitality.ThinkNode_FilterGuestRooms:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn, JobIssueParams)
RimWorld.ThinkNode_Duty:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn, JobIssueParams)
Verse.AI.ThinkNode_Conditional:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn, JobIssueParams)
Verse.AI.ThinkNode_Tagger:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn, JobIssueParams)
Verse.AI.ThinkNode_Subtree:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn, JobIssueParams)
RimWorld.ThinkNode_JoinVoluntarilyJoinableLord:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn, JobIssueParams)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:DetermineNextJob(ThinkTreeDef&)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:TryFindAndStartJob()
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:DMD<DMD<EndCurrentJob_Patch1>?-1040466432::EndCurrentJob_Patch1>(Pawn_JobTracker, JobCondition, Boolean, Boolean)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:JobTrackerTick()
Verse.Pawn:Tick()
Verse.TickList:Tick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

Canute

Alien Framework = Humanoid Alien Races 2.0
These mod need nearly any race as requirement.

Do you use any race mods ? When these error show up, after rimworld startup or during gameplay ? What is about to include a full log (CTRL-F12) ?

Schwartz

No, I don't use any race mods. These errors show up during gameplay. They started showing up after I updated Hospitality to latest version. Before that, I used a version from maybe 1-2 months ago, and I never had this kind of error.

Here's the log: https://gist.github.com/HugsLibRecordKeeper/33f1fc963f7b5cb9767345c20c174ac1

Orion

It should work fine without Alien Framework. I'll see if I can reproduce this.

Orion

Update

1.1.12 - 20.06.2020
- New: Added setting to disable helping with warden tasks
- Fix: Error when not using Alien Race framework
- Fix: Removed warning when a guest needs no sleep
- Fix: Freeholders are no longer buggy (free recruiting, etc.)
- Fix: Error from apparel check
- Tweak: Increased attractiveness of single bed rooms and pure guest rooms
- Tweak: Royals are 2.5x more likely to show up
- Tweak: Guests will now never bring items with thingSetMakerTags of "NotForGuests"
- Tweak: Happy guest joins event now won't work with royals
- Tweak: Most empire guests can not be recruited now as a tradeoff for their valuable gear

DrFred

Hi again,

sorry for not posting anymore, it was some mixture of personal reasons and frustration about that weird bug... Anyway, I think I might have found the reason to my problem (all pawns' names were just a grey blurry bar and I couldn't click in the game). My PC is quite old and when I got it, it had a 32 bit OS preinstalled on it (for some reason), so I always assumed I had a 32 bit architecture and upgraded to 32 bit, until I recently found out that it also supports 64 bit. I have reinstalled my OS to 64 bit now, and the mod works!
My very first guest insulted one of my colonists and they started a social fight, angering the faction leader :D (Screenshot just for the fun of it)

It works well though, and I also got some guests recruited already.

I just noticed one thing: When I send a group of guests away, they scatter all over the map instead of leaving together, even when I send them away right after they appeared, they all just run off in different directions, rather than just going straight back. It doesn't have any impact on the game, but it seems weird to me.

And there's one thing I'd like to suggest: When my colonists throw a party, the guests just don't participate, even while hanging out in the same room where the party is. They should be invited too, unless it's outside of the guest area, just because parties are great! :)

Anyway, thanks again for doing your best to help me!

Orion

I'm glad you could figure it out. This one's new to me.

That the guests scatter is strange indeed. They shouldn't do that.

Concerning parties, there's nothing I can do. RimWorld (lazily) reuses the system for guests and other groups for parties. So you can think of a group of guests as a party... Or of a party as a group. Either way, guests can't be part of their group and part of your party at the same time.
The only way to solve it would be let guests leave their group once they arrive. But that opens a whole bag of new complications.
Another way would be to fake participation at a party. So if guests notice a party going on, they'll awkwardly come and stand next to it. Kinda like tourists at carnival.
Maybe that's feasible and won't break too much. I put it on the "endless list of things people want" in case you want to track it:
https://github.com/OrionFive/Hospitality/issues/434

But then, pretty much all my allotted time goes into fixing bugs / keeping up with updates and helping people. So new features don't happen very often.

Kori

Quote from: Orion on July 06, 2020, 02:19:53 AM
Another way would be to fake participation at a party. So if guests notice a party going on, they'll awkwardly come and stand next to it. Kinda like tourists at carnival.
Maybe that's feasible and won't break too much. I put it on the "endless list of things people want" in case you want to track it:
https://github.com/OrionFive/Hospitality/issues/434

That's a very good idea, I'd like that too! :)

QuoteTweak: Most empire guests can not be recruited now as a tradeoff for their valuable gear

Could this be made an optional limitation, please?

Orion

Optional limitations kind of defeat the purpose of a limitation... For some reason their market value calculates way too low. I could look into balancing that, but it reasonably would be extremely high.

Kori

I thought of it more as a possibility to customize the mod to personal preferences..
Especially due to personal relations to my colonists (and sometimes also other reasons) I sometimes really want to recruit an Empire pawn, so it would be very nice if that would not be completely impossible.
Okay, thank you! :)

Canute

What's about the other way ?
I got serveral times that one of my pawn's got a romance with a guest, and they even wanted to marry.
So it should be possible that these pawn request to leave your colony to join the other similar to the quest request to join your colony.
If you disallow that the pawn leave he should get at last some bad mood.

Orion

That's an interesting suggestion, Canute. I think I have something like it on my list, but I'll double check.
@Kori: I'll think about it. I could make a relationship a requirement. So if they have a direct relationship, they can be recruited after all. That seems fair.

Orion

So, here's already the preemptive 1.2 update. Of course it'll work fine with 1.1 as well.

Update

1.2.01 - 01.08.2020
- Updated for 1.2
- Fix: GetTypes error when the user has an invalid assembly from another mod
- Fix: Error when selecting sleeping spot on ground
- Tweak: Comfort now affects bed attractiveness
- Tweak: Made all guest memories last much longer
- Tweak: Empire guests that couldn't be recruited before can, if they have a relationship with a colonist
- Tweak: Guest groups can now travel across any worldmap terrain and are slightly faster