[A11b] Superior Crafting: Kobayashi Maru! v0712

Started by Abrexus, March 26, 2015, 04:34:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JuiceBox

Sandstone blocks.. impossible to find..? says the map has them... I mine and mine.. with nothing.

=----- I think I posted this on the wrong forum.

Savagedingo

Quote from: JuiceBox on April 13, 2015, 06:09:17 PM
Sandstone blocks.. impossible to find..? says the map has them... I mine and mine.. with nothing.

What do you need sandstone blocks for?  If it has to to with crafting things and needing them, remember that once you get materials of other kinds, you are then able to use those to craft things; i.e. the game loads in and says you need boarskin to make a bed, but once you get some cobra skin, it unlocks the option to make the cobra skin bed.

Is this what you're wanting the blocks for, or just because you like sandstone?

badgerpendous

Exactly. The first game I played with SC, I saw that I needed turtle hide in order to make the beds, so I sent someone out hunting for them all the way across the map when there were boars and deer aplenty right there by stockpile.

Loving SC, but I'm having a hard time balancing all the crafting/grinding you need to do with security and mining and farming. I feel I need several dedicated crafters so early in the game.

Would still like to see someone do a Let's Play with SC on youtube (can't do twitch at work, even at lunch time).

Abrexus

I just want to give everyone an update to where I was the last week.  I took my best friend of 15 years, Cody to peaceful pet passage on Saturday. He has had bad arthritis in his hips for a few years now, but the last week he could barely move and stopped eating. I could just see in his eyes he was in severe pain, and I couldn't stand to see him that way any more.

They couldn't have been kinder. It's a beautiful place, and they have a living room area setup where you can be with your pet in a homey environment (if home euthanasia is not a good option). When they gave him the shot to make him sleepy, it also has pain meds in it. About 2 minutes after the shot he let out this big sigh, and all the tension in his muscles disappeared. I hadn't seen him so relaxed in a long time. Every night when we went to bed, he would let out a sigh after laying down next to me, and he hasn't done that in a long time.

I knew at that moment I made the right decision. It was very hard, but to see him so pain free at the end was a true gift from God.  I will be updating the mod for sure for Alpha 10 if it comes out before the weekend.  If not, then I shall have a final Alpha 9 tweak version out in preparation for alpha 10.

Shinzy

Oo what an old boy Cody was!
I didn't know hiim and I don't know what to say but have a pat on the back
*pats Abby on the back*

Galleg

Oh man! Very sorry for your lose. I just wanted to say:
Very nice mod. Thanks!

Telarin

Very sorry for your loss, always difficult to lose a furry friend.

BandOfDog

So so so sorry for your loss man. I'm a dog owner myself and recently had a health scare with one of my own, luckily she's alright. Looks like Cody was one happy dog towards the end and that's all you can really ask for, 15 is also a great age too! I'm sure he went out knowing you were doing the absolute best for him :) If there's anything I can do let me know!

badgerpendous

Echoing the other notes of condolence. Thanks for the mod, btw.

Jerethi50

Hey man, sorry I haven't been around, and sorry to hear about your pal, still I'm glad that you got some closure with him, and that he passed peacefully. I haven't messed with modding rim world in quite some time now, accidentally lost all my mod sources a while back and haven't really felt like redoing the work. Still I might take a look at the newest version, and see if it pulls me back in. Hope your doing well yourself.

Abrexus

Thank you everyone for the kind words!  The update to alpha 10 is coming along very nicely, and I hope to have it posted before long.  I can't say exactly when just yet, but I am hoping to have it done before the beginning of next week.  If all goes well, it could be up much quicker than that.

I did get the C# code updated, I'm now just going through the XML files and making any necessary changes.  I'm also making a few minor tweaks and fixes based on feedback I've received from various Twitch streamers I've been watching (and also from personal feedback from my play-throughs).

AllenWL

It looks like you're better of just having the prison improvements mod rather then the integration for superior crafting.

They are basically the same, you still use steel bars to make the doors, and you can transfer and enslave prisoners, while in the integration, you can't enslave or transfer prisoners.

PineyCreek

Can't wait for A10 update. That's always the worst part when Tynan gives us a new alpha, the game just feels so bare because I'm so used to playing with the mods.

Abrexus

Quote from: PineyCreek on April 16, 2015, 05:39:52 PM
Can't wait for A10 update. That's always the worst part when Tynan gives us a new alpha, the game just feels so bare because I'm so used to playing with the mods.

You won't have to wait much longer!  The update is coming along very nicely, and I should have it available much sooner than expected.  It's in testing now.

Savagedingo

Maybe a dumb question, but we won't be able to keep progress anymore after updating, right?