0 (0%)
3 Wood
7 (58.3%)
15 Wood, 3 Cloth, increase burn time
5 (41.7%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Voting closed: April 04, 2015, 04:26:11 PM

Latta

I just tested and it looks good! But taking 30 logs while standing 24000 ticks is too short, as campfire takes 35 logs and can be there for 40000 ticks.

EDIT: Also the torch is overlapped by conduit. It's because torch's altitudeLayer is set to FloorEmplacement, which is same as conduit. Consider change it to higher altitude, like Waist.

apljee

Quote from: Latta on March 28, 2015, 09:19:38 PM
I just tested and it looks good! But taking 30 logs while standing 24000 ticks is too short, as campfire takes 35 logs and can be there for 40000 ticks.

EDIT: Also the torch is overlapped by conduit. It's because torch's altitudeLayer is set to FloorEmplacement, which is same as conduit. Consider change it to higher altitude, like Waist.

Will do - I'll also make the torch's resource's a little less.

EDIT: Fixed.

Igabod

Quote from: apljee on March 27, 2015, 09:14:17 PM
I guess you're right - I was thinking like you, I mostly somewhere to the south but not directly Sarranid territory. I was thinking Swadian or Rhodok. Thanks. :)

I just played a game and specifically looked for the fighting pick. I found it in the shops in the Vaegir territory. I rarely ever go in that region for anything except sea raider battles, so that's why I never saw it before.

apljee

Quote from: Igabod on March 30, 2015, 12:07:24 AM
Quote from: apljee on March 27, 2015, 09:14:17 PM
I guess you're right - I was thinking like you, I mostly somewhere to the south but not directly Sarranid territory. I was thinking Swadian or Rhodok. Thanks. :)

I just played a game and specifically looked for the fighting pick. I found it in the shops in the Vaegir territory. I rarely ever go in that region for anything except sea raider battles, so that's why I never saw it before.

Alright, it'll be included in the Vaegir faction.

Ray_Anor

Using a half of one full-grown tree as a torch? HALF of FULL grown TREE? How do you imagine it?
half of... full... grown.. tree.... is a torch.

Latta

How about make it cost few sheets of cloth and reduce wood cost?

apljee

Quote from: Latta on April 01, 2015, 07:12:35 AM
How about make it cost few sheets of cloth and reduce wood cost?

Hm.. 15 wood and 3 cloth?

Ray_Anor

I'm think it must 1-2 logs (wood) and not standing torchs, but wall torchs (as a small lamp in advanced lamps).
Torch no need to heat (as a campfire). Torch must only emit light. Heat - is a byproduct, not a purpose of torch.
Because of this all - it light area longer with smaller quantity of material.
It's my logic.

apljee

Quote from: Ray_Anor on April 01, 2015, 12:03:19 PM
I'm think it must 1-2 logs (wood) and not standing torchs, but wall torchs (as a small lamp in advanced lamps).
Torch no need to heat (as a campfire). Torch must only emit light. Heat - is a byproduct, not a purpose of torch.
Because of this all - it light area longer with smaller quantity of material.
It's my logic.

2 logs is too cheap. I know this is temporary but campfires provide both heat and light and only cost 35 logs, and they last for longer, which is why I'm saying 15 wood and 3 cloth. And, wall torches don't really look that good in the game, in my opinion.

Ray_Anor

Quote from: apljee on April 01, 2015, 02:48:11 PM
I know this is temporary but campfires provide both heat and light and only cost 35 logs, and they last for longer, which is why I'm saying 15 wood and 3 cloth.

But this is illogical. Torchs is first-time temporary light source. They must be cheap. And if used mod for cotton fiber - cloth will be not first material for making torch. 

Do what you want, however.

apljee

Quote from: Ray_Anor on April 01, 2015, 09:18:21 PM
Quote from: apljee on April 01, 2015, 02:48:11 PM
I know this is temporary but campfires provide both heat and light and only cost 35 logs, and they last for longer, which is why I'm saying 15 wood and 3 cloth.

But this is illogical. Torchs is first-time temporary light source. They must be cheap. And if used mod for cotton fiber - cloth will be not first material for making torch. 

Do what you want, however.

But they need to be balanced. 3 wood is way too cheap - plus, I'd probably make it so you could use leathers in it instead of just cloth. In truth, it's not about making a cheap alternative to a light source, it's more about something that is balanced and fits early game.

Ray_Anor

Quote from: apljee on April 01, 2015, 09:23:48 PM
But they need to be balanced. 3 wood is way too cheap

It's not cheap for temporary light source for one day. It's normal.

Latta

I'd prefer moderate amount of cost with even longer lifespan.

apljee

Quote from: Latta on April 02, 2015, 09:33:08 PM
I'd prefer moderate amount of cost with even longer lifespan.
I'll actually redo the poll with that info.

20 wood and 3 cloth, burns for 2 or 1.5 days?