[A10] [MODPACK] Skullywags OmniPack V1.3 (Last update - 02 May)

Started by skullywag, April 15, 2015, 02:43:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ArcticWolfy

I really wish the storage could store more then a stack per stack.

skullywag

me to but its a flaw in the vanilla game that no modder has come up with a good way of solving.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Kolljak

You can get around it using a similar system to Misc mod and have Shelves like the nano storage.

Aarkreinsil

I love the concept of power stuff that gives off heat and has to be cooled. Maybe you could build upon that somehow.

PastaCrusade

The autoheal casket is bugged.  While powered and with the medical gel synthesizer stocked it still says there is not enough medical gel.  There is also a debug error saying "Failed to find Verse.ThingDef named Medical Gel Synth.  There are 535 defs loaded."  I've tested it with only the core and medical mod active.

skullywag

Good spot, I renamed the def for the "Med gel msynth" and forgot to do so in the dll, all fixed now.

axenn

Hi, i tested your mod today. Omni floor has replaced all the water by sand. Omniweapons, replace improvised turret existing by a bugged model that you can't control, i'm not even sure that can fire again.

Thanks for your work.

Varg

Looking great but... It seems I'm missing some descriptions here. Could you tell me what are/what they do/what they add/whatever the following mods; "OmniFactions", "OmniMedical" and "OmniEvents"?
I have failed to find any information on these mods.
Help me out a little, will you? :)
Thank you!

skullywag

Sorry still slowly building the thread.

OmniFactions curently adds 1 new faction of outcasts, from the def:

A community of former big corporation employees. These people have lived here for decades or centuries, cast out from the large corporations that used to employ them for numerous reasons, they now band together in the rimworlds. They work with multiple levels of technologies due to potential new members bringing tech as barter to join the colonies. They are concerned with the practical matters of trade, trust, survival.

Basically another set of outlanders but they structure themselves like a company, so they have Human Resources, security guard, line managers...etc.

OmniMedical adds the Auto Heal Casket it uses medial gel to automatically cure wounds and diseases (useful for single pawn starts). It also allows some extra medical procedures to fix some of the vanilla injuries (removable eyes, ears, nose, jaws, spine, pelvis etc..) moves badm back and frail to the spine so they can be fixed.

OmniEvents adds the meteors mod and the razorrain mod currently. Basically stuff falls from space giving you free stuff at the cost of potentially landing on your face.

Hope that helps.

Ive added the above the OP, ive also run out of space in the OP.  :(

Zapp Brannigan

Quote from: skullywag on April 26, 2015, 06:30:01 AM

OmniFactions curently adds 1 new faction of outcasts, from the def:

A community of former big corporation employees. These people have lived here for decades or centuries, cast out from the large corporations that used to employ them for numerous reasons, they now band together in the rimworlds. They work with multiple levels of technologies due to potential new members bringing tech as barter to join the colonies. They are concerned with the practical matters of trade, trust, survival.

Basically another set of outlanders but they structure themselves like a company, so they have Human Resources, security guard, line managers...etc.

OmniMedical adds the Auto Heal Casket it uses medial gel to automatically cure wounds and diseases (useful for single pawn starts). It also allows some extra medical procedures to fix some of the vanilla injuries (removable eyes, ears, nose, jaws, spine, pelvis etc..) moves badm back and frail to the spine so they can be fixed.

OmniEvents adds the meteors mod and the razorrain mod currently. Basically stuff falls from space giving you free stuff at the cost of potentially landing on your face.

Hope that helps.

Hey thanks for the response, it's very helpful to know what the mods do :D. I was wondering if you are planning in the future to add a way to research and craft the weapons you have added. I know there are plenty of weapon crafting mods out there, but they seem to only craft vanilla weapons or weapons for the mod they are packaged with.

I also think that the cool down/charge up time for the stun gun is WAY too high. I like that it is short range, but then my colonist stands in front of the person for 10s and gets shot a half dozen times before firing and missing (low shooting skill) >_<

skullywag

ooh thanks for reminding me about the stungun...i changed the way it works but forgot to lower the timings.

As i stated above im thinking if theres a way i can add weapon crafting without making it unbalanced. The issue is obviously that raiders bring you a never ending stream of them so is there really any point. Ive got a plan though...im just still planning it.

skullywag

Would it bug people the storage buildings were able to store more but it wouldnt hold the same amount in both cells, so very much like Mech Def 2 DSU. Ive got it working but its bugging me that for example the fabric hamper holds 150 in the left slot and only 75 in the right...as one is the input slot and one is the output.

Varg

Quote from: skullywag on April 26, 2015, 06:30:01 AM

Oh, I see.
Yes, it does help, thank you!
Sounds great too.

About your space problem... The last thing you can (and possibly want to...) do is to actually strip out the mods and make new posts for them individually, with links directing to one-another at the bottom, or something like that. :)
But yeah, that'd be even more work.
So...

Thank you for the great work! ^^

skullywag

That was the whole reason for having 1 thread....

Forums just suck for modders. Ill make it work though.

crusader2010

Quote from: skullywag on April 25, 2015, 02:29:55 PM
The turrets in my stuff use the weapons the colonists do, they still fire automatically. Just need you to have a weapon in stock to build, I dont like free guns like the vanilla turret.

Which mods are a problem for early game in particular? I havent really got to the balance and progression yet but im willing to take feedback to that end.

The need for a (free) weapon at the start makes things a bit dangerous and cumbersome. I think that's why that improvised turret exists. I haven't tried your weapon mod because of this reason. Also, I hope you can't mount bows and pistols  ;D  Basically i'm asking for an automatic way to defend my colony at the beginning (without having to take away weapons from my colonists and without needing to research something). It doesn't matter how weak it is, as long as it provides some decent damage it should be fine. It could even be upgraded later on to other turret types (i.e. replaced withing the Security UI by newer versions). Thank you!

My mod pack: {A13} Mod Mega Pack