[A17] Vegetable Garden [8/22/17]

Started by dismar, May 07, 2015, 10:52:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dismar

Re-uploaded 3.1a small fix to bulk fine and lavish meals can now use eggs :)

WHiZ

Thank you!

Btw any idea what i can edit to allow me to sell excess unfertilized chicken eggs? seems there is a bug (non mod related) not allowing them to be sold.

Also another idea.. while not strictly a veggie.. i'd love to be able to plant grass in my animal pastures rather than hay.. any idea if that is something that could be added?

Loki88

Quote from: WHiZ on September 06, 2015, 01:25:52 PM
Thank you!

Btw any idea what i can edit to allow me to sell excess unfertilized chicken eggs? seems there is a bug (non mod related) not allowing them to be sold.

Also another idea.. while not strictly a veggie.. i'd love to be able to plant grass in my animal pastures rather than hay.. any idea if that is something that could be added?

Not to be nit-picky, but hay is a type of grass. On a side note, so is bamboo, rice, wheat, and maize (corn)!

WHiZ

Quote from: Loki88 on September 06, 2015, 03:16:17 PM
Quote from: WHiZ on September 06, 2015, 01:25:52 PM
Thank you!

Not to be nit-picky, but hay is a type of grass. On a side note, so is bamboo, rice, wheat, and maize (corn)!

yes yes... i just mean once a poison ship, toxic fallout, fire, or over grazing happens you lose your grass and cant get it back for the animals to feed naturally in areas..

dismar

yea its really simple to add grass

Drop this into the ThingDefS dir. And remember you cant select grass :)

[attachment deleted due to age]

Tekuromoto

I'm not sure if I'm missing something somewhere, but when I use Vegetable Garden by itself I can plant xerigium.
When I use Seeds Please and the VG patch, I can't.   ???

edit: looking more closely, I notice a number of differences: xerigium and oats plant is missing from the seeds version, and peach tree is in the seeds version but not the vanilla version. Also, as an aside, I much prefer the menu order of the vanilla version; maybe the trees should be at the very end, but the sorting on the seeds version is all over the map.

[attachment deleted due to age]

WHiZ

Quote from: dismar on September 06, 2015, 04:26:24 PM
yea its really simple to add grass

Drop this into the ThingDefS dir. And remember you cant select grass :)

You are the best... Next colony maybe i'll make individual houses with lawns... lol... or not.. but at least i could now if i want to! either way, my animals thank you for the grazing grass... =)

dismar

Quote from: Tekuromoto on September 06, 2015, 06:54:48 PM
I'm not sure if I'm missing something somewhere, but when I use Vegetable Garden by itself I can plant xerigium.
When I use Seeds Please and the VG patch, I can't.   ???

there was a bug fix that fixed the "floating menu" if your not version 12c or better then the menu cuts off. that just one thought on it.

Tekuromoto

Quote from: dismar on September 06, 2015, 07:22:39 PM
there was a bug fix that fixed the "floating menu" if your not version 12c or better then the menu cuts off. that just one thought on it.
I'm using the latest RW, A12d.

Also, see my edit above (which I was posting as you were posting...  ;D)
edit: looking more closely, I notice a number of differences: xerigium and oats plant is missing from the seeds version, and peach tree is in the seeds version but not the vanilla version. Also, as an aside, I much prefer the menu order of the vanilla version; maybe the trees should be at the very end, but the sorting on the seeds version is all over the map.

dismar

Quote from: Tekuromoto on September 06, 2015, 07:33:37 PM
Quote from: dismar on September 06, 2015, 07:22:39 PM
I'm using the latest RW, A12d.

There still seems to be a bug with the floating window system. If i change the resolution of my game different plants are cut off on the bottom of the lists. I'll have to report the error. Sorry about this :P

Also, see my edit above (which I was posting as you were posting...  ;D)

Tekuromoto

Quote from: dismar on September 06, 2015, 07:52:56 PM
There still seems to be a bug with the floating window system. If i change the resolution of my game different plants are cut off on the bottom of the lists. I'll have to report the error. Sorry about this :P
Ah! Its a bug in RimWorld - I misunderstood that part. Well, knowing that switching resolution for a moment to plant whatever is messed up in the menu is a workaround I can deal with for the time being. Thanks!

Lightbulb500

Just as a heads up, colonists can use a medical drink to preform an operation.
I have a feeling its to do with its definition as a medicine, I changed its definition to that of a meal (like the core game's beer) and that removed the issue without affecting the health effects of the drink itself.

Love all the additions!  ;D

Tekuromoto

Whoops! My bad, as least partly :-[ : it seems zerigium wasn't in the planting list at all sometimes because the CCL vanilla tweaks (Community Core Library - Vanilla Tweaks\Defs\AdvancedResearchDefs\AdvancedResearch_Plants.xml) ties access to xerigium to having to research medical beds. What the what? Herbal medicine should be accessible long before high tech sterile surgery rooms. Sheesh.

Thank goodness for comment marks. :P

(but the vanilla bug with floating menus still applies - I need to fiddle with the game resolution/fullscreen-ness to prevent some things from being cut off at the bottom of the screen)

dismar

Quote from: Lightbulb500 on September 07, 2015, 02:54:14 PM
Just as a heads up, colonists can use a medical drink to preform an operation.
I have a feeling its to do with its definition as a medicine, I changed its definition to that of a meal (like the core game's beer) and that removed the issue without affecting the health effects of the drink itself.

Love all the additions!  ;D

Thank you, I thought i fixed this before release of it, I'll have to look into it for later versions.

Tekuromoto

So I've got this up and running and it's working well with seeds. A couple of questions though:

- Should I be getting seeds when I harvest a plant? Cuz I'm not, but I'm not often letting the plant get to 100% grown
- Is it be possible to make wheat usable straight up in simple meal recipes? In real life it can be cooked into a porridge just like other grains, after all.
- Do you have any plans for more recipes? An obvious example is breads from flour; otherwise wheat/flour is kinda useless until you get sugar to make pastries. Or at least let flour be used to make simple meals - simple breads have existed in all cultures for centuries after all.
- If you expand flour, you might want to make it possible to mill other grains into flour as well, such as corn and rice.

Thanks again for the mod!