[A17] Vegetable Garden [8/22/17]

Started by dismar, May 07, 2015, 10:52:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dismar

Hmm I've. not used reroll  yet. But I have test with enhanced tabs with no issues. And I've never had an issue on map gen... interesting

WHiZ

Hate to say this.. About to play for the first time but judging based on the screen cap on the front page, i liked your old art for the plants better than the more vanilla a13 stuff. When you have as many plants as you do, vanilla art just makes them all look the same, the older art gave some much needed variety and even if slightly more detailed than vanilla fit nicely into the game i felt. A side from that, tnx for getting it published so quickly; game wouldn't be the same without the veg garden!

dismar

Oh it's easy to choose what art you use for the garden, whiz. Some people just like the finger paints better. I  added a link to the old stuff if ya want to use it instead.

Tilen

Hi, I was looking for A13 compatible mods, found your Vegetable Garden, and really wanted to use it (I couldn't imagine playing without it, now that I know it exists :) , but I don't want to be able to grow and produce steel and plasteel that way. Isn't that a little bit over the line, considering game balance and realism?  Not that I absolutely don't like the option of growing metals, I would consider experimenting with that too, but I feel it should be a separate mod. I will try to exclude steel/plasteel planting/production from your mod and keep everything else (to keep that "vanilla" taste:) for my own use. I have almost no experience with modding so I could be unsuccessful.
My suggestion is you make it 2 mods instead - but anyway, there should be an expensive tech to discover before even planting steel/plasteel leafs
somekind of genetically modified plants backstory in tech and plant description would be welcome too. That said with all respect to your mod and invested work.

dismar

Quote from: Tilen on April 09, 2016, 02:44:11 PM
Hi, I was looking for A13 compatible mods, found your Vegetable Garden, and really wanted to use it (I couldn't imagine playing without it, now that I know it exists :) , but I don't want to be able to grow and produce steel and plasteel that way. Isn't that a little bit over the line, considering game balance and realism?  Not that I absolutely don't like the option of growing metals, I would consider experimenting with that too, but I feel it should be a separate mod. I will try to exclude steel/plasteel planting/production from your mod and keep everything else (to keep that "vanilla" taste:) for my own use. I have almost no experience with modding so I could be unsuccessful.
My suggestion is you make it 2 mods instead - but anyway, there should be an expensive tech to discover before even planting steel/plasteel leafs
somekind of genetically modified plants backstory in tech and plant description would be welcome too. That said with all respect to your mod and invested work.

In the next update most plants will be locked behind some kind research.

The production plants will have research, grow time, crafting time, and yield to keep them balanced.

And no one forces you to grow everything :)

Tilen

I wouldn't put naturally occurring plants behind a research just to plant them, it wouldn't be RL like. Please consider that.

dismar

Well lets see how bad this is going to be! lol

Veg Garden 3.5a notes :
-Cleaner update to a13!

-Cooking is tiered thru research:
-You start with a simple grill that makes new simple recipes.
-Next a get fueled stove and oven.
-Then finally up to Electric appliances.

-You can research a medical crafting table to make bandages and medical kits.

-You research Cloth Weaving and Tailoring, to unlock a loom and tailoring tables. Devilstrand and flax plants.

-Tiered Agriculture! Let me explain this one more:
--You start with a bunch of basic crops.
--Your research agriculture I and you get more crops that have better nutritional values.
--The next tier you unlock Fruits that have a very high nutrition.
--And finally fruit trees. Long grow times with a high yield of fruits with a high nutrition.

-A simple wood lamp that uses fuel.

Changes to vanilla :
-Bamboo can be used as fuel sources in many tables.
-BioFuel was added to the brewing table.
(Note that the pawns seem to use whatever fuel is closest to them when reloading.)

I hope that ppl enjoy the changes to the garden with this up-date. I've spent a bunch of time updating this and enjoy your feed back. Most of the research was added to  balance and allow more a diverse garden.

If your using 3.5 please delete the folder and replace with fresh copy. Should be save game safe.

NephilimNexus

I had my colonists build "A simple woof fired grill" and then sent their dog to bark at it all day, but so far it's not working.

dismar

Quote from: NephilimNexus on April 10, 2016, 01:39:18 AM
I had my colonists build "A simple woof fired grill" and then sent their dog to bark at it all day, but so far it's not working.

Working as intended :P

aalikane

Not sure what you did, but 3.5 now lets me generate maps... so whatever you did thank you!

carpediembr

WHiZ

Can you make it where i can sell my extra flour, cocco, sugar etc to the bulk traders?

dismar

Quote from: carpediembr on April 12, 2016, 10:47:39 AM
I cannot find where to craft cheese! At all..
Canningstove is where i put that :)

Quote from: WHiZ on April 12, 2016, 10:51:40 AM
Can you make it where i can sell my extra flour, cocco, sugar etc to the bulk traders?

OMG i did forget to change the new traders :) I'll get this fixed soon :)

RoboticManiac

Might I suggest adding ice floors to the soil reclamation mod? Ice sheet maps are quite lacking in non-hydroponic growing; especially if it's a non mountainous map, since you can't even make use of gravel that borders the mountains.

dismar

Quote from: WHiZ on April 12, 2016, 10:51:40 AM
OMG! this is fixed :)

Quote from: RoboticManiac on April 13, 2016, 12:31:51 AM
Might I suggest adding ice floors to the soil reclamation mod? Ice sheet maps are quite lacking in non-hydroponic growing; especially if it's a non mountainous map, since you can't even make use of gravel that borders the mountains.
I will look into something for this...