[A17] Vegetable Garden [8/22/17]

Started by dismar, May 07, 2015, 10:52:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hoochy

Anyone here who uses the PLANT24H mod can make it work with this mod fairly easily, and also dismar should patch his next version to remove his plantbase and treebase definitions as they are no longer needed.

In Alpha 13 the "PlantBase" and all "bases" don't need to be redefined in every mod, they are global in nature now. So as long as PLANT24H is loaded first, or above other garden mods, you can make them work with it pretty easily by going into the mod and removing the "PlantBase" definition in them. This will then force them to use the PLANT24H "PlantBase" and therefore they will work properly.

hoochy

Quote from: duduluu on May 09, 2016, 09:25:56 AM
hello
a problem
can not cook tacos
because can not choise cornmeal in the ingredients
look the screenshot

Here is the fix, Edit recipes_cookstove.xml in the mod.

Search for the taco recipe and remove the
        <li>AllowPlantFood</li>

In the <disallowedSpecialFilters> section

It seems the ingredients are classified as non nutritious items and that recipe specifically blocks them.

dismar

Hey thanks for finding that. I haven't had the time to do it yet.  I'll be updating it in a few days

hoochy

No problem, thanks for making your mod. I find your values for plasteel and steal leaf plants to be too low but overall I like the changes you made to cooking and gardens because it adds more variety to the base game! Thanks a lot for your work.

dismar

Quote from: hoochy on May 12, 2016, 12:57:37 PM
No problem, thanks for making your mod. I find your values for plasteel and steal leaf plants to be too low but overall I like the changes you made to cooking and gardens because it adds more variety to the base game! Thanks a lot for your work.

Yea I set the values are pretty low so not to be cheaty on growing resources but I might need to balance them and all plaints again due to the change in length of day. So be on the look out for a small update this weekend!

hoochy

Quote from: dismar on May 12, 2016, 02:12:37 PM
Quote from: hoochy on May 12, 2016, 12:57:37 PM

Yea I set the values are pretty low so not to be cheaty on growing resources but I might need to balance them and all plaints again due to the change in length of day. So be on the look out for a small update this weekend!

Balance them in regards to prices at trade. ie Look at what potatoes are worth, how fast they grow, etc, and then pop the same values in for the resources.

Boston

Hello,

after downloading and implementing the latest version of Combat Realism, I apparently cannot grow hops any more. I can grow literally every other plant that is added by this mod, just no hops.

From what it looks like, the "blazebulb" plant introduced in Combat Realism might have "replaced" hops on the growing list.

Any idea of what I could do to fix this?

dismar

Quote from: Boston on May 17, 2016, 03:51:19 PM
Hello,

after downloading and implementing the latest version of Combat Realism, I apparently cannot grow hops any more. I can grow literally every other plant that is added by this mod, just no hops.

From what it looks like, the "blazebulb" plant introduced in Combat Realism might have "replaced" hops on the growing list.

Any idea of what I could do to fix this?
Soooooo i'll give you two options for a fast fix for this!.....
First you could just more my mod to loading after CR and my hops will over write the CR

OR

You could go into CR and change his blazebulb <defname> from hops to like hoooppps or anything really and it will stop taking the place of the real hops defs.

Lexmechanic

I'll be trying out this mod shortly. :) It looks fantastic.

Minor corrections:
1. You didn't list coffee beans under other new crops for cooking?
2. You also had a typo, "flaw flowers" instead of flax under Grow Textiles.

dismar

Quote from: Lexmechanic on May 18, 2016, 04:11:45 PM
I'll be trying out this mod shortly. :) It looks fantastic.

Minor corrections:
1. You didn't list coffee beans under other new crops for cooking?
2. You also had a typo, "flaw flowers" instead of flax under Grow Textiles.

well in my defense.. W and X are on the same keyboard!

I am working on a large re-balance. Mainly just fixing grow time and vendor cost due to the change in day length in a13. And visiting steel and plasteel plants.

And I have fixed all the found bugs plus a few i found for the next update!

Exende

also, I think there are nullreference exceptions going on when the gleamcap releases it's smoke

dismar

Quote from: Exende on May 20, 2016, 05:45:35 PM
also, I think there are nullreference exceptions going on when the gleamcap releases it's smoke

Think you mean that for Rikki's mushroom mod. I don't have gleamcap's :)

Exende

ah, my mistake, yeah that was the caveflora mod, whoops!

Exende

Oh, and also, is Plow Soil supposed to be unlocked at Soil Reclamation II?  because it unlocks at I for me, (giving me both till soil and plow soil at the same tech)

dismar

Quote from: Exende on May 22, 2016, 04:17:47 PM
Oh, and also, is Plow Soil supposed to be unlocked at Soil Reclamation II?  because it unlocks at I for me, (giving me both till soil and plow soil at the same tech)

Yip suppost to be 2. Ive fixed this for the next version