[A17] Vegetable Garden [8/22/17]

Started by dismar, May 07, 2015, 10:52:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dismar

Quote from: CoffeeOMG on July 22, 2016, 04:49:43 PM
Bless your heart  :)
Let me know if you need any other info, I'll try to give you logs and such.

think i may need you save game. i built a base with only those food items. And have no weird issues

CoffeeOMG

is that what you need?

eta: I am in the process of completely removing RimWorld from my system (Steam included) and reinstalling from scratch. I was informed that my playing around with Core back in A13 might have something to do with it, but I have updated to A14 since then, so shouldn't that not be an issue?)

In any case, I really appreciate you looking into it, I am sorry to be such a bother. Most likely, it is my fault somehow, seeing as I am the only one who has this problem.

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

dismar

Yea so I get the error mod mis-match loading just core and my mod so there is something wrong with either your core of my mod being corrupted on your end! so at least we tracked down the errors :P

CoffeeOMG

I just did a complete clean and reinstall (even removed residual files left by RimWorld via cleaner software), loaded up your mod, created a new colony, spawned items... BAM. Same issue. My Core is as pure as a baby unicorn. Hasn't been touchedby my meddling hands (attached new save file from new install. Would have attached my Core, but it's too big, even zipped)).
At least I know the issue is on my side now. Thank you for looking into it. I will try fixing it somehow. Maybe get my hands on a spanking new Core or something.  :-\

Edit: Downloaded brand new RimWorld from Ludeon website, Copied that Core into my Steam folder. Colonists stole all tofu-related meals, but left the pies.
Progress?  :o

Edit 2: Nvm. Pies are gone  :(

dismar

Quote from: CoffeeOMG on July 22, 2016, 09:55:22 PM
I just did a complete clean and reinstall (even removed residual files left by RimWorld via cleaner software), loaded up your mod, created a new colony, spawned items... BAM. Same issue. My Core is as pure as a baby unicorn. Hasn't been touchedby my meddling hands (attached new save file from new install. Would have attached my Core, but it's too big, even zipped)).
At least I know the issue is on my side now. Thank you for looking into it. I will try fixing it somehow. Maybe get my hands on a spanking new Core or something.  :-\

Edit: Downloaded brand new RimWorld from Ludeon website, Copied that Core into my Steam folder. Colonists stole all tofu-related meals, but left the pies.
Progress?  :o

did you delete the old core first before coping over? don't wanna over write that file is a bad thing :)

CoffeeOMG

oh  yea. Deleted it, then moved the brand new one to that folder.
I'm going to try my husband's version of Rimworld from his laptop, and if it works, I'll just "borrow" it. He's not using any mods anyway....  :P

So sorry to waste your time like that. I really really love your mod, and if I can't fix it, I'll just learn to live with it. Without pies. Or tofu. At least they are not stealing the new corn-related meals Yay! So glad about that.

dismar

Can always try the steam version of the game. I keep the workshop up to date as well since it's a button push. And we will figure it out!

ToXeye

laboratory meat, meat flower, or things like red lentils and beans to give the meat [protein] portion of a meal would be nice

*addition* It is made simple this way. I got the idea of a meat flower from vanilla. Even the most basic modder could do this, rather than implementing a whole nutrient system based on reality (or wikipedia hehe). Also, I enjoy your mod. Will try it soon! As soon as my fortress colony grinds to a halt with a brawler pyromaniac.
Features everywhere!
e_  O:
/|   /|\

dismar

Quote from: ToXeye on July 23, 2016, 12:26:46 PM
laboratory meat, meat flower, or things like red lentils and beans to give the meat [protein] portion of a meal would be nice

*addition* It is made simple this way. I got the idea of a meat flower from vanilla. Even the most basic modder could do this, rather than implementing a whole nutrient system based on reality (or wikipedia hehe). Also, I enjoy your mod. Will try it soon! As soon as my fortress colony grinds to a halt with a brawler pyromaniac.

Hmm well I already have 2 meat subs. In tofu and mushrooms. But I might consider another but it does have to be a bit different from what I have.. ☺

CoffeeOMG

Quote from: dismar on July 23, 2016, 12:18:11 AM
Can always try the steam version of the game. I keep the workshop up to date as well since it's a button push. And we will figure it out!

I did. Issue persists on both platforms, even with clean install.
I got the newest version of your mod from this forum and from steam workshop, got brand new Core from Ludeon website (1241 update), still with the same result.
It's mind-boggling. I'm going to try on my husband's laptop now with his own RimWorld version.
Thank you for your patience! I really appreciate your ideas and the time you are willing to spend helping me tackle this issue.

edit: Its happening on my husband's RimWorld too.  :o 
Maybe it's the copy of RimWorld that we have purchased? (makes no sense though). We have one copy purchased through Ludeon website, and he is downloading his versions from that account. I got the key for Steam and run mine though that.
I am really tempted to just buy another copy of RimWorld and see what the heck is going on.

Sarelth

I keep getting the errors on load of the game, it doesn't seem to affect anything in the game, but would love to get rid of the error messages.

dismar

Quote from: Sarelth on July 23, 2016, 04:29:01 PM
I keep getting the errors on load of the game, it doesn't seem to affect anything in the game, but would love to get rid of the error messages.

do you have any other mods that effect crops? looks like something is messing with the parent def of crops

Sarelth

I have a couple things that might do that. Going through my list right now. its rather full...

dismar

Quote from: Sarelth on July 23, 2016, 04:43:47 PM
I have a couple things that might do that. Going through my list right now. its rather full...

lol mine too take like 2 minutes to turn them all on!

But it someone didn't take the plant parent def out of their mod it will over write the core and yellow break all the plants. Not a big deal but you get a lot of those errors.

Sarelth

I couldn't find anything from a quick look. But knowing what to look for might help with finding it.

Maybe I will look for mods with older versions and go from there.

Thanks

Edit:
Found the issue, it's something in A Dog Said. (Wrong again it seems)