[1.0] [PROJECT] Hardcore SK project v7: Sunrise

Started by skyarkhangel, May 10, 2015, 11:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How you relate for the full removing automatic turrets?

Positive. It's realistic. Fight with killboxes continues.
Negative. Make a button to kill all enemies in one click.

caesius

Quote from: Owlchemist on August 06, 2016, 05:21:16 PM
The best material that doesn't require labor intensive processing (compared to other high rated materials) would probably be titanium, at 160% speed. Plastic is 120%, cast iron 110%. Advanced mine and arc furnace is all you need.

aluminium is also good material for workspeed. also easy to make.

Zakhad

Quote from: 123nick on August 06, 2016, 10:21:39 PM
is this updated too A14? the title says its for A13

You answered your own question.  Don't be lazy scroll back a few pages and you'll have your answer.

Owlchemist

So I finally reached fission batteries. But they only have an efficiency of 70%. It says they're more efficient though, but regular batteries are 95% efficient by that point in the tech progression... it says something about recycling the charge, but I'm unclear on what that means.

update: I did some tests in god mod and couldn't find any advantage to using the fission batteries. I mean I guess if you're super tight on space, then maybe...? But a 25% loss in efficiency is brutal. I modified my xml to make it 96% efficient. +1%!

skyarkhangel

Reworked darkness event, with reference to Darkest Dungeon.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2_YhYCbd9g

Soon in A14 release.
Upd. Increased x2 time for prepare.

CreepyD

Oooh I like that.
Among other things going on that could be a real 'oh $!%&' moment scrambling to do something about it.

Look forward to the A14 release.
I haven't played A14 yet even as I have been waiting for this :)

AMetalGear

Quote from: skyarkhangel on August 09, 2016, 11:31:58 AM
Reworked darkness event, with reference to Darkest Dungeon.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2_YhYCbd9g

Soon in A14 release.
Upd. Increased x2 time for prepare.
Super excited to see the update when it comes out!

Sekmeth

Quote from: skyarkhangel on August 09, 2016, 11:31:58 AM
Soon in A14 release.

Can't wait for A14. Great work and great "modpack" (Somehow seems so wrong to just call HardcoreSK a modpack :P )

Goo Poni

I do hope that once the A14 release is out then the pack can get a polishing once-over. Things like Nano Storage always being available even when the resources to make the things is nowhere remotely close. Or Smithing not providing access to the fueled smithy (that's not until Crafting III, at which point you get both smithies at the same time). Devilstrand research does not unlock devilstrand, Carpet Making I does. Healroot can be grown almost immediately with Agriculture I but can't be used until the Petrochemical Plant is researched, which uses materials unrelated to its requirements, reinforced concrete. That's Construction I to unlock the hand mixer so in turn, wouldn't that make Construction I a requirement of Oil Refining? Not to mention that that requires Mining and Power I. There's an obnoxious number of metals at my disposal. Why would I ever use Cast Iron, for example? 10 Iron, 20 Coal for Cast Iron. 15 Iron, 13 Coal for Steel. Steel is lighter (for uses such as doors or melee weapons), protects better, is easier to work, produces a sharper blade and makes a more effective bed. Sendust, Ferrotitanium, Nichrome, Stellite, Kovar, Melchior, Spiegel, Pobedite, Nitinol, Chromium, Cobalt, how many of these metals do I actually need, if any? Fences, contrary to the research description which says it keeps critters away, do not stop a pawn from moving over them. Nothing besides a solid metre thick wall does. Whether it be barbed wire (which specifically states it is impassable), parapets (what use is a battlement on the ground?) or even embrasures, those little murder holes. Additionally, pawns standing on these objects completely cocks up any other pawn's attempt to attack them with ranged weaponry. The blast door from TTM will inadvertently turn into a shield for any pawn standing on it when it is open, taking all the hits instead of them. Hives have a void shield that makes them impossible to hit from any distance with a ranged weapon, even with a shotgun blast. Laser turrets, contrary to their description, do require ammo in order to fire.

Some_stranger

Quote from: Goo Poni on August 09, 2016, 05:27:00 PM
I do hope that once the A14 release is out then the pack can get a polishing once-over. Things like Nano Storage always being available even when the resources to make the things is nowhere remotely close. Or Smithing not providing access to the fueled smithy (that's not until Crafting III, at which point you get both smithies at the same time). Devilstrand research does not unlock devilstrand, Carpet Making I does. Healroot can be grown almost immediately with Agriculture I but can't be used until the Petrochemical Plant is researched, which uses materials unrelated to its requirements, reinforced concrete. That's Construction I to unlock the hand mixer so in turn, wouldn't that make Construction I a requirement of Oil Refining? Not to mention that that requires Mining and Power I. There's an obnoxious number of metals at my disposal. Why would I ever use Cast Iron, for example? 10 Iron, 20 Coal for Cast Iron. 15 Iron, 13 Coal for Steel. Steel is lighter (for uses such as doors or melee weapons), protects better, is easier to work, produces a sharper blade and makes a more effective bed. Sendust, Ferrotitanium, Nichrome, Stellite, Kovar, Melchior, Spiegel, Pobedite, Nitinol, Chromium, Cobalt, how many of these metals do I actually need, if any? Fences, contrary to the research description which says it keeps critters away, do not stop a pawn from moving over them. Nothing besides a solid metre thick wall does. Whether it be barbed wire (which specifically states it is impassable), parapets (what use is a battlement on the ground?) or even embrasures, those little murder holes. Additionally, pawns standing on these objects completely cocks up any other pawn's attempt to attack them with ranged weaponry. The blast door from TTM will inadvertently turn into a shield for any pawn standing on it when it is open, taking all the hits instead of them. Hives have a void shield that makes them impossible to hit from any distance with a ranged weapon, even with a shotgun blast. Laser turrets, contrary to their description, do require ammo in order to fire.
These are some great points and I hope they are addressed.

Owlchemist

Quote from: Goo Poni on August 09, 2016, 05:27:00 PM
There's an obnoxious number of metals at my disposal. Why would I ever use Cast Iron, for example? 10 Iron, 20 Coal for Cast Iron. 15 Iron, 13 Coal for Steel. Steel is lighter (for uses such as doors or melee weapons), protects better, is easier to work, produces a sharper blade and makes a more effective bed. Sendust, Ferrotitanium, Nichrome, Stellite, Kovar, Melchior, Spiegel, Pobedite, Nitinol, Chromium, Cobalt, how many of these metals do I actually need, if any?

You make good points. As for the metals, I could give some feedback here...

I use a lot of cast iron in the early game because it produces more alloy per order than steel does. And also because steel sucks for work benches (80% speed vs 110% for cast iron).

Aluminum is the best early-game metal to construct benches out of (120% work speed). Even late game, I'll build benches out of aluminum if it's not used often enough to warrant more exotic metals.

Sendust is I think the first mixed alloy you can make that doesn't require an arc furnace. It's much better than steel for things like weapons and higher HP.

Spiegel is a lil' better than Sendust but requires an arc furnace, however doesn't require advanced ores to produce, so you can make this stuff in bulk. Even in the late game, Spiegel is my go-to metal I use for most things where I would have otherwise used steel.

Permalloy and Stein are the first ultrasolids you can make in bulk once you get the advanced mine going, and are probably better used as ingredients for parts (like bionics and and adv. mechanisms) than used for smithing with. It's easier to make a lot of Stein, but Permaalloy is a bit better if you can afford the extra nickel.

Titanium is great for armor (weighs less, so less movement hit) and work benches (180% work speed). It only requires 1 advanced ore to make, so it's simple to get a production chain of this stuff going. It's my main go-to metal I use for workbenches once I can get it, and also bulky armor that would otherwise slow you down.

Ferrotitanium is good if you just want a ton of HP, like for a blast door.

Chromium, Cobalt, Nickel, Manganese, and Tungsten are just ingredients for other mixed alloys.

Pobedite is, as far as I can tell, the 3rd best alloy in the game, after alpha and beta alloys. It's basically like diamond metal, good for blades.

Melchior is good for medical beds or electric defensive armor (which I think might include radiation-based damage?)

Nitinol seems to be the most beautiful alloy you can make that's not precious, like silver or gold, but also much much stronger than them.

I'm not really sure what Alnico, Stellite, Nichrome, and Kovar are for, though.... they're worded as if they were going to be used for specialized crafts, but I can't recall seeing any.

That said, this is just my interpretation of these metals and I didn't spend a great deal of time coming up with it, so, I may be missing the author's intentions for some things. I'd love a well formatted infographic/spreadsheet/document showing the intentions of each metal.

QuoteFences, contrary to the research description which says it keeps critters away, do not stop a pawn from moving over them. Nothing besides a solid metre thick wall does. Whether it be barbed wire (which specifically states it is impassable), parapets (what use is a battlement on the ground?) or even embrasures, those little murder holes.

Yeah, a lot of the descriptions could use correction. I could think of a few more myself. The fences won't stop them, however it does have a strong influence on their pathfinding at least. So at the very least, you can sort of "direct" traffic to some extent.

Parapets are basically advanced sandbags (makes you much less likely to get shot). Advanced in that it has more HP. I often set them up for mechanoids around crashed ships.

nightarix

Quote from: Owlchemist on August 10, 2016, 02:17:29 AM
QuoteFences, contrary to the research description which says it keeps critters away, do not stop a pawn from moving over them. Nothing besides a solid metre thick wall does. Whether it be barbed wire (which specifically states it is impassable), parapets (what use is a battlement on the ground?) or even embrasures, those little murder holes.

Yeah, a lot of the descriptions could use correction. I could think of a few more myself. The fences won't stop them, however it does have a strong influence on their pathfinding at least. So at the very least, you can sort of "direct" traffic to some extent.

Parapets are basically advanced sandbags (makes you much less likely to get shot). Advanced in that it has more HP. I often set them up for mechanoids around crashed ships.

if i recall correctly, it's because they're considered "passable" by the comparison between the pawn's... climbing value(can't recall exactly what the value was called...) and the objects height value.(most of the objects in question probably use the default sandbag value)

example (these are made up values, although i think the wall's value is correct?)
pawn's climbing value: .7
any wall's height: 1
sandbag's height: .6
this would mean the pawn cannot pass the wall, but can pass over the sandbag
edit: btw i'm probably waaaaay off on what the values are called, just so i don't confuse anyone who actually knows what they are.

edit 2: looking into the code i'm actually fairly wrong, it's because the embrasure's and etc have their passability def's as "pass-through only" instead of "impassable"

Goo Poni

Quote from: Owlchemist on August 10, 2016, 02:17:29 AM
-A bird's education on metallic objects-

I'll have to write these notes down, I think. At least now you give me reason to seek these ores out beyond satisfying a recipe's request for one of five different conductive metals. Things like Cast Iron vs Steel, I only looked at the recipe costs and not at the output. As for things like Alnico, my guess would be that a mod in the pack added them for specific uses but their recipes have since been adjusted to encompass more than that type of metal so its unique use is lost. I think it'd be great to lockdown all metals to just cast iron and then have Crafting I lead into a Metalworking I. From Metalworking, you would get Metalworking II (with the next tier of metals, likely alloys of tier I metals) and several different projects to unlock the smithing of metal types like steel with notes in the research detailing good uses for the metal and what qualities it has (such as being conductive or an "ultrasolid" metal). From Metalworking, you could also get preliminary research into conductive metals which would then lead to research of copper and aluminum and unlock the electrical side of crafting to keep moving on in general Crafting research progression.

EDIT:
And you know what, I'm wrong on Nano Storage being difficult to make. It's just not tied into the rest of the pack. It's just resource compression that requires 50 raw iron. Not even alloys. Its still a vanilla mod with vanilla research and building requirements, that is to say, no requirements at all.

Autismo

Using Cataclysm+ on Alpha 13 on Linux, and I'm getting a crash on start up. I don't even get to the main menu. Game starts fine with mods disabled, so one of the mods has to be causing it. Any advice?

Debug log: http://pastebin.com/8u0KUgaL

notfood

It's RedistHeat issue. Comment this line that says <li>RedistHeat.Designator_DeconstructReversed</li> in Mods/LT_RedistHeat/Defs/DesignationCategoryDefs/DesignationCategories_Duct.xml

Autismo

Thanks! Worked like a charm. What are the ramifications of commenting out that line? Will it break anything in Redist Heat?

Also, I got the modpack running on a different machine running Linux. Do you have any idea what package might be causing this in the first place? The only real difference between the machines was that one was running on the integrated intel driver, and the other (the one that was crashing) was using the nvidia binary.