[1.0] [PROJECT] Hardcore SK project v7: Sunrise

Started by skyarkhangel, May 10, 2015, 11:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How you relate for the full removing automatic turrets?

Positive. It's realistic. Fight with killboxes continues.
Negative. Make a button to kill all enemies in one click.

The13thRonin

caesius

Quote from: The13thRonin on November 07, 2016, 12:49:51 PM
Quote from: caesius on November 07, 2016, 12:30:38 PM
plz sky. would you fix the plasma reactor problem first?...

What's the problem?

cant use plasma generator. in a13 its mechanism was that first charged with electricity and permanently give out 1000w.
but now, it cant be charged because it cant be linked with wires.
basically it does nothing.

if you use and build it just once (in god mode), then you will get the problem immidiatly.

Riun

On the topic of plasma generators:

I am at work so I cant check in game, but they were changed in the way they work. You need to build the big plasma generator (over a steam well?) and a smaller plasma generator next to it. The smaller one will connect to the big one and can be connected to your power network.

caesius

Quote from: Riun on November 07, 2016, 01:31:09 PM
On the topic of plasma generators:

I am at work so I cant check in game, but they were changed in the way they work. You need to build the big plasma generator (over a steam well?) and a smaller plasma generator next to it. The smaller one will connect to the big one and can be connected to your power network.

i tried it and it didnt work. plasma reactor itself works fine but generator built next to it does nothing and cant be linked to wires.

anyone can reproduce it using god mode....

caesius

and zombies make game laggy. i mean, they have relatonship with each other and if my pawn kill one of them, they got new (good or bad) feelings (opinions) about my pawn. this makes game slower (big slower and bigger save file).

relationship between zombies or between zombie and pawns (ex : deep talking) must be removed. its doing nothing but making game laggy.

caesius

ex picture. these 'opinion's (with zombies) making game slower.

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

Zakhad

Jackpot?!

I think they consume a lot of food though,

Also opps

Zakhad

Skynet... utterly destroying me... enjoy :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MB_BEqLE-I&feature=youtu.be

I even have mechanoids who briefly helped me whom manged to weakened them a little, blergh so very little I can do when there's 5 of them each with 900+ health, I'm barely past the medieval period tech wise getting the first power system up and running.

Edit: I forgot to show the mouse but it doesn't matter as it wasn't meant to be a proper recording just spur of the moment pleading for sympathy on the forums :P

The13thRonin

Quote from: Zakhad on November 08, 2016, 06:56:53 AM

I even have mechanoids who briefly helped me whom manged to weakened them a little, blergh so very little I can do when there's 5 of them each with 900+ health, I'm barely past the medieval period tech wise getting the first power system up and running.

You're standing out in the middle of the open and firing at the terminators without cover... What exactly did you expect?

Zakhad

Quote from: The13thRonin on November 08, 2016, 07:02:26 AM
Quote from: Zakhad on November 08, 2016, 06:56:53 AM

You're standing out in the middle of the open and firing at the terminators without cover... What exactly did you expect?

I wasn't trying to win. Granted I shouldn't had made it out like I was whinging, I was just demonstrating the event from a random players point of view giving live feedback as it were.

You can argue about proper setup :S Okay hypothetically I put my terminator in such a place that he takes all the fire in an "ideal" situation, sure that's great, but most of my colonists will miss 60% of their long range shots, due to only being mere mortals with 3-10 ranged combat skill vs omnipotent 20 on each terminator. This early on in the game I'm not going to have 500-2000 units of ammo to spare, nor will the average player, not on year 2. That's why I had to go up close and use my terminator to tank and unleash close proximity hell killing 2-3 is quite acceptable and easy and most definitely not every player will think to do that. But the problem I find with the whole event lies in when I could randomly get 3 or randomly get 5 etc depending on RNG (Wealth for the base value of whether you will get 1-2 or 3-6 etc then a bit of RNG luck) This time I happened to have rolled a 5, the problem isn't necessarily the amount I get its that its not calculating each terminator's "Value"  each one is the equivalent of 5-10 raiders per 1. So essentially I just gained like another 10-20 raiders. It's taking "Normal" vanilla raid mechanics under condition not a unique skynet event mechanics e.g. not considering each one has 900 health, doesn't suffer pain, won't suffer mental breaks, wont flee etc has perfect aim, taking damage doesn't cause them to suffer aim modifiers as quickly as I will etc. I could go on :S I'm pretty sure I could beat this event if I simply moved back and ambushed one at a time or the best that I'm able to. This event is most definitely not a hide behind cover and do a straight firefight event type if that's what your thinking; but please I ask that you indulge my curiosity and elaborate a better scenario or situation for this whole event I'm opening to suggestions on other peoples points of view on what you think about this skynet event. Again I'm sorry If this came across negative, it wasn't my intent :)

Edit: On my 4th attempt and with abusive cheesy meticulous placement fooling the AI to go around this corner it turned into an easy shooting gallery :/ clearly not how this event should be played out.

CreepyD

Zakhad, did your attacking terminators enter the map already attacking you like a normal raid?

I ask as I've been attacked twice (see my post a few comments back) and both times I was offered a chance to disable them before they even became 'alive'.
Both attacks I've had only 3 guys with machine guns and taken 0 casualties, I didn't even have the T-800 (I refused him).
My guess is those 5 terminators wandered the map for a while, then dropped dead, then came back from the dead as terminators?  You need to kill them in that transition phase (Draft > right click them > Disable)

The13thRonin

What's the best starting scenario for this modpack? I wanted a Tribal start but I didn't really want everyone to be cannibals.

Also what Storyteller and difficulty is best?

Zakhad

Quote from: CreepyD on November 08, 2016, 08:34:12 AM
Zakhad, did your attacking terminators enter the map already attacking you like a normal raid?

I ask as I've been attacked twice (see my post a few comments back) and both times I was offered a chance to disable them before they even became 'alive'.
Both attacks I've had only 3 guys with machine guns and taken 0 casualties, I didn't even have the T-800 (I refused him).
My guess is those 5 terminators wandered the map for a while, then dropped dead, then came back from the dead as terminators?  You need to kill them in that transition phase (Draft > right click them > Disable)

I just got the first event, which are regular terminator troops, not the covert ones you're thinking of, I have "unlocked" them now so to speak, this event was the prerequisite, so ill have to watch who dies / dispose of them etc. I think it was meant to replace the abomination event from escape pods while being somewhat more clever about it :P

Zakhad

Quote from: The13thRonin on November 08, 2016, 08:51:43 AM
What's the best starting scenario for this modpack? I wanted a Tribal start but I didn't really want everyone to be cannibals.

Also what Storyteller and difficulty is best?

For me, I tend to use prepare carefully which doesn't really work that well with scenario's as prepare carefully will override most options you'd have picked (Items/pawns mainly) so I can't help you with that.

Difficulty wise I tend to play on cassandra classic on challenge, I've done Hildegarde epic I wouldn't recommend it if you're new to the modpack its meant as a challenge mode once you know what you're doing. I got my ass kicked pretty hard, fun but fuck me is it hard lol, raid after raid after raid after raid. I've never really tried the other ones tbh, I've done randy random, and that's just... random ;P

Zakhad

Them 5 Raptor eggs I bought for less 100 silver sure have paid off lol... even have multiple breeding pairs... money's no longer an issue I'm into the raptor trade!