[1.0] [PROJECT] Hardcore SK project v7: Sunrise

Started by skyarkhangel, May 10, 2015, 11:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How you relate for the full removing automatic turrets?

Positive. It's realistic. Fight with killboxes continues.
Negative. Make a button to kill all enemies in one click.

polis27

How xeon ion electric generator work? Wait until rain? Construct near water? Choose Ocean biome as starting place?

Jaszczur

Quote from: polis27 on January 01, 2016, 05:59:59 PM
Well... this is harcore sk. Since when this mod make thing easy?
Tips of mulch:
Ash : Burn corpse with firewood(Temperature architecture)
Nitre: Mining or construct Mine Extractor ( Hi tech)

And ammonia?

Masquerine

Quote from: polis27 on January 01, 2016, 07:24:11 PM
How xeon ion electric generator work? Wait until rain? Construct near water? Choose Ocean biome as starting place?

It says you have to place it on a steam geyser, and that its supposed to generate electricity by converting the water vapor from steam into plasma. It didn't seem to work during testing, but that may be a god-mode thing ignoring the hookup link with the geyser. Will attempt building it manually and see if it works.
Nope. It doesn't seem to link up properly, looks like a bug.

Quote from: Jaszczur on January 02, 2016, 08:00:46 AM
Quote from: polis27 on January 01, 2016, 05:59:59 PM
Well... this is harcore sk. Since when this mod make thing easy?
Tips of mulch:
Ash : Burn corpse with firewood(Temperature architecture)
Nitre: Mining or construct Mine Extractor ( Hi tech)

And ammonia?

Synthetic ammonia is produced by an oil refinery as one of the possible resources extracted from crude oil. The reason for the definition not matching the recipe is because the recipe was changed at one point, and the description wasn't changed. Inconsistencies like that are things I can pick up on as I re-word descriptions. It will be fixed for the next version.

zoranjoza

Hi, quick question. Im little confused. 4 monts ago i used ninefingers mod. Now i hes banned.
Now i want to play this mode, is it better ? Does this mod focus on weapons or focus on all stuff?
Now the question.
I want to play this, what i need to download?

HardcoreSK Modpack
Radioactive
Vengeance
Solaris
Syndicate?

Is this all same mod, or i can download them all  and play ?

Masquerine

Quote from: zoranjoza on January 02, 2016, 05:45:32 PM
Hi, quick question. Im little confused. 4 monts ago i used ninefingers mod. Now i hes banned.
Now i want to play this mode, is it better ? Does this mod focus on weapons or focus on all stuff?
Now the question.
I want to play this, what i need to download?

HardcoreSK Modpack
Radioactive
Vengeance
Solaris
Syndicate?

Is this all same mod, or i can download them all  and play ?

Those are all versions of the same modpack. You only want the latest version, which is Syndicate D. A link can be found on the first page of this thread. I don't know anything about who/what Ninefingers is/was, but Hardcore-SK aims to offer you a variety of content and challenges. There's plenty of combat-related things from tiers of guns (from basic knives up to multi-shot laser rifles), use of cover/suppression and nasty invaders (digging through rocks, setting up turrets to bombard you). Lots of changes.

The pack doesn't do a good job at explaining things just yet, but we're working to address that.

zoranjoza

QuoteHow you relate for the full removing automatic turrets?
Positive. It's realistic. Fight with killboxes continues.
- 139 (42.2%)
Negative. Make a button to kill all enemies in one click.
- 190 (57.8%)
Total Members Voted: 329
This game has many future stuff, so i think it would be ok to have automatic turrets. Someone doesnt play with more then 6-7-8 people.
Or give us option to disable automatic turret, not just to delete it from modpack.

zoranjoza

Does this mod have
EPOE (Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering gives you the ability to craft your own prostheses and artificial organs.) by Ykara
I dont see this mod in mods folder.

Masquerine

Quote from: zoranjoza on January 03, 2016, 09:17:57 AM
Does this mod have
EPOE (Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering gives you the ability to craft your own prostheses and artificial organs.) by Ykara
I dont see this mod in mods folder.
It does. There are several different types of prosthetic. Such as things made with simple wood, metal, bionics, or even regrowing natural limbs in a bio-vat (for pawns who hate the idea of prosthetic parts but would still be happy to have 2 legs). Some mods are easier to manage by being incorporated into the main core_sk folder, which is why they may not appear on their own by a quick look.

You can even make prosthetic parts for animals!

Going to see if I can clean up the descriptions on bars today. A lot of them don't tell you anything useful about where/how/why they get used in RimWorld. I can't exactly fix a description if even I can't understand what the item is or does. Example: Alpaca bars. Alpaca is already an animal so having a bar by the same name is confusing. Description mentions copper, nickel, iron, manganese. The bar is actually made from copper, nickel and aluminum.

Broke my editing version beyond repair. Abandon and redownload lol. Whoops.

zoranjoza

Ankarius

Can anyone tell me how can I produce carbon fibre composite? The only way I found so far is by dismantling mechanoids but I need a lot of it to progress so there must be another way to get it efficiently. I have every possible building I can make and checked everything but there is nowhere I can make it :(

Garm

When Oil Extractor dries the oil fissure it cannot be deconstructed to redrill, even though tooltip says so. in fact both oil and mine extractors cannot be deconstructed unless in godmode.

Masquerine

Quote from: zoranjoza on January 03, 2016, 12:29:01 PM
How to get spare parts? I cant build anything.

Spare parts are made at the architect>production>assembly. You automatically start the game with 40 spare parts. They will be set to forbidden near where your pawns land, so simply unforbid them to use them.

Quote from: Ankarius on January 03, 2016, 02:26:45 PM
Can anyone tell me how can I produce carbon fibre composite? The only way I found so far is by dismantling mechanoids but I need a lot of it to progress so there must be another way to get it efficiently. I have every possible building I can make and checked everything but there is nowhere I can make it :(
Carbon fibre composite is made at the architect>hitech>chemical laboratory (chem lab). The first "make bill" is carbon alloy, which is carbon fibre composite. It is simply a naming miss-match. This will be corrected for the next patch.

Quote from: Garm on January 03, 2016, 03:11:29 PM
When Oil Extractor dries the oil fissure it cannot be deconstructed to redrill, even though tooltip says so. in fact both oil and mine extractors cannot be deconstructed unless in godmode.
This is a bug that has been fixed for the oil extractor in the current github build, but not for the extractor or advanced extractor. Looks like those got missed. I'll fix it before my next commit. The official download for Syndicate will still have it bugged though.

Ankarius

@Masquerine thank you good sir, you saved my day I was looking for it all day long with no luck and it was right in front of me all this time.

silverskin

What are the odds of getting some nice automated factory buildings to do those basic crafting tasks?

I'm thinking something like the oil refinery. Put steel bars into the hopper next to it and it'll crank out either spare parts or full steel parts, depending on what you choose with that 'change resource' button. It would be good if it would produce parts depending on the metal in the hopper, but I have no idea if that's possible or not. But a separate factory building for each metal would still be good.
Give it a massive power drain, something like a solid 8kw, and make it eat the appropriate number of metal bars to produce metal parts.
Oh, and an automated plant to smelt ore into bars.

All that, combined with the drills and the conveyor belt system, would allow us to make some fantastic sealed factory buildings for mass-producing those parts we desperately need.

Could always make the whole thing take constant damage so a colonist is needed to maintain the whole place. Keep a bit of hardcore balance. If it's all indoors, have it generate a fair amount of heat so that some more power-hungry cooling systems are needed. And make the factory building huge. I'm talking 6x6, at least.

Zaraky

Hey guy, after restarting a new game and gotten into it after some hour. my lag start to freeze every couple of second for a barely half a second, just to be annoying and it make it barely unplayable now. Anyone got an idea which mod would have to be dis-activated to fix this?