[1.0] [PROJECT] Hardcore SK project v7: Sunrise

Started by skyarkhangel, May 10, 2015, 11:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How you relate for the full removing automatic turrets?

Positive. It's realistic. Fight with killboxes continues.
Negative. Make a button to kill all enemies in one click.

zoranjoza

Hello, today i have enteren i game. And any shop that come to me has 0 silver. That place is empty where should be numbers.
And ussualy i wait around 10minutes to enter game, now i waited less then 1 minute. Ussing github version.
Check screenshot.

[attachment deleted due to age]

skyarkhangel

Updated test version on Github. Many event are waiting for your testing :) You can even go through almost real nuclear catastrophe, with radioactive fallout.. Unfortunately the area is contaminated and everything on it was going to die by radiation.

You will meet "The thing" which kills all humans in its path and reproduces itself.
You will meet "Darkness", cold darkness obscurity the coming of the night...
Survive earthquakes, floods, meteor showers, rockfalls..
and much more.

Zaraky

Anyway to feed antibiotic to a unconscious colonist so he survive infection?

Also, would it be hard to implement the butchering as another work then cooking, so if you set someone with a 3 cooking skill to butcher only and other with 4+ to cook only then you could synergy them when you're in need of cooked food quickly.

Killaim

that buthcering wqould be nice the only way ive done that is to make a seperate area for low level cooks to have access to the butchers table while better cooks dont

Batpeter

Quote from: skyarkhangel on January 19, 2016, 10:45:43 AM
Updated test version on Github. Many event are waiting for your testing :) You can even go through almost real nuclear catastrophe, with radioactive fallout.. Unfortunately the area is contaminated and everything on it was going to die by radiation.

You will meet "The thing" which kills all humans in its path and reproduces itself.
and much more.

Cheers! Will it need a new colony/world?

Masquerine

Quote from: dunka on January 19, 2016, 03:44:33 AM
How do people usually get production for spare parts up and going? The ultrahard requirement seems pretty rough for a component needed so much, especially early.
You only need solid and high conductivity, the cheapest combination being cast-iron and aluminum. You can simply disable using ultrasolids (permalloy, alnico) from the material choices. Steel and copper are also cheap sources for solid/high conductivity. It should look like the attached picture.
Quote from: Batpeter on January 19, 2016, 08:02:48 PM
This update will require a new world/new colony, as there was a bunch of changes to other things at the same time (.dll updates tend to break savegames). Don't forget to update your modsconfig.xml! Alert Speaker (mod) seems to have a compatibility issue so it was disabled. Cupron alloy was renamed to Melcior alloy. If you see any existing mentions of cupron, let me know and I'll fix it. A mention of cupron being the material structures were made from was fixed just now.

Solved the edb interface errors. Some def lines were missing in the English file. Russian file appears to have it working correctly, oddly enough.

Fixed the allowtool description/label/message. Took the hard way to solve it because I overthought it. Interesting experience at least.

[attachment deleted due to age]

dunka

Quote from: Masquerine on January 19, 2016, 08:10:52 PM
Quote from: dunka on January 19, 2016, 03:44:33 AM
How do people usually get production for spare parts up and going? The ultrahard requirement seems pretty rough for a component needed so much, especially early.
You only need solid and high conductivity, the cheapest combination being cast-iron and aluminum. You can simply disable using ultrasolids (permalloy, alnico) from the material choices. Steel and copper are also cheap sources for solid/high conductivity. It should look like the attached picture.
Quote from: Batpeter on January 19, 2016, 08:02:48 PM

Thanks, I should have realized that. Appreciate the help!

skyarkhangel

Quote from: gustavoghe on January 18, 2016, 04:40:22 PM
This is actually doable! A bench that turns dirty dish into clean ones. And come to think about it sounds better than the way it is now.

I also would like to see the need for water.

One man already make mod for water :)

Zaraky

Quote from: skyarkhangel on January 19, 2016, 10:45:43 AM

and much more.

Trying it right now, first thing that happened twice in less then 30min is how the game stop responding and that I don't know why. I don't seem to do anything different and when i restart from the save game it continue fine.

LordShotGun

I just installed this and started a new colony and the "work" tab doesn't work. Throws up a fluffy.maintab.window_work :system missing method exception, method not found rimworld pawn worksettings:notify useworkprioritys changed.

No idea what I did wrong, I have installed other mods/modpacks before so I got a fresh install (no mods ever installed before), copy pasted all the mods in and put the modconfig in the usual place.

Everything else seems to work, I can use prepare carefully and see all the other items, weapons, implants/bionics, and other stuff is all installed.

Masquerine

Quote from: LordShotGun on January 20, 2016, 05:23:47 PM
I just installed this and started a new colony and the "work" tab doesn't work. Throws up a fluffy.maintab.window_work :system missing method exception, method not found rimworld pawn worksettings:notify useworkprioritys changed.

No idea what I did wrong, I have installed other mods/modpacks before so I got a fresh install (no mods ever installed before), copy pasted all the mods in and put the modconfig in the usual place.

Everything else seems to work, I can use prepare carefully and see all the other items, weapons, implants/bionics, and other stuff is all installed.
Only thing I would suggest is to try reinstalling the files again, just replacing it all to make sure it all got copied in. Current github build doesn't seem to have any errors on game launch/new world/new colony.
What version did you download?

LordShotGun

Quote from: Masquerine on January 20, 2016, 05:51:50 PM
Quote from: LordShotGun on January 20, 2016, 05:23:47 PM

Only thing I would suggest is to try reinstalling the files again, just replacing it all to make sure it all got copied in. Current github build doesn't seem to have any errors on game launch/new world/new colony.
What version did you download?
Got the one off the nexus mods. "Hardcore SK Rimworld A12d project 2.4d Syndicate" the file up at the top. So I will get the one off github and give it a shot! Thanks! I will update if it works!

Edit : (Where is the one for github? I only see megaupload and yandex)

Masquerine

Quote from: LordShotGun on January 20, 2016, 06:00:05 PM
Got the one off the nexus mods. "Hardcore SK Rimworld A12d project 2.4d Syndicate" the file up at the top. So I will get the one off github and give it a shot! Thanks! I will update if it works!
Ah, it might have been an old problem then that got fixed. I'm not sure how to re-fix it in that version, but I know our current build seems to be working fine thus far. The new events are currently untested but included. If you'd like to try out this build, you can grab a copy from here: https://github.com/skyarkhangel/Hardcore-SK
The "download zip" on the right side is the download you're looking for.

If you use this version then everything should work just fine. Hopefully. If there is an issue, at least we'll know its a new thing and not something that was fixed weeks ago. : D

Konsulus

Hi all.
I have a lot of fun with this great mod. Sometimes I have the urge to rip out my hair because its so hard but that is great in its own way ;) .
Like when the Mechanoids turn up and again and again totally overwhelm my defense.
Anyway I managed to come fairly fare in the game but now I have a problem with the hyperloom. It has a lot of nice looking recipes but when I give the order to craft soem of them nothing happens. If I try to force a pawn to work at the hyperloom by right clicking it no text telling me that materials are missing or the skill is to low appears. Same reaction as if the workstation had no crafting order or as if I was clicking an empty space.
I could realy need some new armor for the next Mechanoid attack....

Other question about apparell in general: Why have so many clothes high penalitys to working speed? I have never considered the possibility that beeing naked allows you to work double the normal speed. My colonist are not very happy about the new dress code in my colony so some clothes that are not as cumbersome as spacesuits would be great ;)

Anyway thx very much for this great mod :D

Masquerine

Quote from: Konsulus on January 20, 2016, 06:08:55 PM
Hi all.
I have a lot of fun with this great mod. Sometimes I have the urge to rip out my hair because its so hard but that is great in its own way ;) .
Like when the Mechanoids turn up and again and again totally overwhelm my defense.
Anyway I managed to come fairly fare in the game but now I have a problem with the hyperloom. It has a lot of nice looking recipes but when I give the order to craft soem of them nothing happens. If I try to force a pawn to work at the hyperloom by right clicking it no text telling me that materials are missing or the skill is to low appears. Same reaction as if the workstation had no crafting order or as if I was clicking an empty space.
I could realy need some new armor for the next Mechanoid attack....

Other question about apparell in general: Why have so many clothes high penalitys to working speed? I have never considered the possibility that beeing naked allows you to work double the normal speed. My colonist are not very happy about the new dress code in my colony so some clothes that are not as cumbersome as spacesuits would be great ;)

Anyway thx very much for this great mod :D
I can answer the speed penalties part at least. The reason for clothing having speed penalties is due to an outstanding vanilla bug. If a pawn gets a movement speed of around 12 c/s, it vanishes. There are multiple ways to increase pawn speed way above 12 c/s, like cybernetic implants, nice flooring, infusements on weapons or armor, traits and probably a few other things. Sky added penalties to clothing to help address that speed issue, so you can speed pawns up and then slow them down with bulkier gear to keep them within that 12 c/s limit. I have not looked at all of the clothing changes yet, but he did a pretty massive overhaul on it. Maybe he put too much negative on workspeed instead of movespeed?

I didn't even notice the hyper loom until you mentioned it. That's a new thing to me. Sounds like something isn't quite right with it that'll have to be fixed.
Descriptions on the bills are missing and material listing seems off, as it just says "ingredients" multiple times instead of specific things. So 2 little bugs there on the hyper loom so far.

I'm currently fixing up wording on events, turrets and ammo. Help to get some better consistency on naming/more useful descriptions.