[1.0] [PROJECT] Hardcore SK project v7: Sunrise

Started by skyarkhangel, May 10, 2015, 11:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How you relate for the full removing automatic turrets?

Positive. It's realistic. Fight with killboxes continues.
Negative. Make a button to kill all enemies in one click.

Masquerine

Quote from: Crusender on February 28, 2016, 06:31:04 PM
Quote from: kaneage on February 28, 2016, 05:41:54 PM
Im sure im missing something but i dont understand how to get integraded circuits.  i have the tech and capability to build them but they require plastic to make.  Plastic is made from oil (I believe) which i need a mineral sonar to mine, but the sonar requires circuits.  Im caught in a loop here so some advise would be appreciated.  This is my first game with this mod and i like it so far, im just really confused about how to proceed now.  If im missing something please point it out to me
you don't need mining sonar for mine, you need build a drill rig on the crude oil patch, then extractor finally process all this in refinery. Mining sonar is for find those patch more easily, but you can still find them by hand (whit beta 2.5 they are a lot more easier to find)
Mineral Sonar requiring Integrated Circuits as well as requiring to be used was changed after Syndicate D release. It currently uses Electronic Components and doesn't do a whole lot scan-wise right now (I have ideas on how to improve it in fun ways that have not been implemented yet). Get a copy of HSK from github to get more up-to-date with the changes we've made since then. You'll see a "download zip" on the right side of this link here: https://github.com/skyarkhangel/Hardcore-SK

Bob_Namg

Any chance I can get the animals separate from the modpack core? I want to try a more vanilla game with them and some of the other mods (the mods other than the animals have separate versions)
"Hon hon hon"
-Anonymous, France

krockle21

Quote from: Crusender on February 28, 2016, 03:54:17 PM

need picture of your Dev log, and which version do you play, if 2.5, depending when you take it still have bug it that can start bottleneck game for error. About  how mush playtime it start to slow down? and map size too, this game is not optimized and whit this mod pack add lot of stuff has you become bigger the game has to think of more stuff and more stuff so it will slow down. and a give a copy of the save maybe i will can see real trouble.

Included are screenshots of my debug log shortly after the game starts.  I have 1 warning and 2 errors at load and then another error continuously repeats itself after the game starts.

I am currently on a git build from last week, but this has happened multiple times over the last few months with different play throughs and different versions.

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

Wexit

Quote from: Masquerine on February 28, 2016, 07:08:22 PM
Quote from: Crusender on February 28, 2016, 06:31:04 PM
Quote from: kaneage on February 28, 2016, 05:41:54 PM
Im sure im missing something but i dont understand how to get integraded circuits.  i have the tech and capability to build them but they require plastic to make.  Plastic is made from oil (I believe) which i need a mineral sonar to mine, but the sonar requires circuits.  Im caught in a loop here so some advise would be appreciated.  This is my first game with this mod and i like it so far, im just really confused about how to proceed now.  If im missing something please point it out to me
you don't need mining sonar for mine, you need build a drill rig on the crude oil patch, then extractor finally process all this in refinery. Mining sonar is for find those patch more easily, but you can still find them by hand (whit beta 2.5 they are a lot more easier to find)
Mineral Sonar requiring Integrated Circuits as well as requiring to be used was changed after Syndicate D release. It currently uses Electronic Components and doesn't do a whole lot scan-wise right now (I have ideas on how to improve it in fun ways that have not been implemented yet). Get a copy of HSK from github to get more up-to-date with the changes we've made since then. You'll see a "download zip" on the right side of this link here: https://github.com/skyarkhangel/Hardcore-SK
Cassandra on challenge.
Devlog has this when loading the save:
http://puu.sh/npgBd/e5562f0ac6.png

Masquerine

Quote from: krockle21 on February 28, 2016, 09:12:35 PM

need picture of your Dev log, and which version do you play, if 2.5, depending when you take it still have bug it that can start bottleneck game for error. About  how mush playtime it start to slow down? and map size too, this game is not optimized and whit this mod pack add lot of stuff has you become bigger the game has to think of more stuff and more stuff so it will slow down. and a give a copy of the save maybe i will can see real trouble.

Included are screenshots of my debug log shortly after the game starts.  I have 1 warning and 2 errors at load and then another error continuously repeats itself after the game starts.

I am currently on a git build from last week, but this has happened multiple times over the last few months with different play throughs and different versions.
Those screenshots would explain the problems you've been having. Sky had some trouble with getting Malaria to work correctly at one point, and you probably got a copy of HSK in the middle of him fixing it. The yellow error about an "li" missing could really break the game, depending on where it was. Malaria has since been fixed as well as that yellow error. Playing with Github builds can be hit and miss sometimes. We can test and check what we do, but sometimes obscure errors can pop up when you least expect it and then everything breaks. Part of the fun.

Quote from: Wexit on February 28, 2016, 10:12:15 PM
Cassandra on challenge.
If you click on one of those red lines, you'll get a little mini window with a bunch of code stuff. Include that in the picture too. That usually points to some .dll code that Sky would understand. Sometimes it points to things that I can understand.

kaneage

I have another Q regarding the stockpile system.  is there a way to set the minimum amount in a stockpile before it triggers the call to replenish it.  meaning if a single tile of iron stacks to 300 but i dont want to resupply it until it reaches say 150.  is there a way to do this?

on a similar note is there a way to set max values to stockpiles or hoppers?  i had 2 steam generators but all of my haulers kept sending the kindling to one generator rather than splitting them. I would much prefer to set a max value to one hopper to be at 150 kindling and let the overflow run to the other

Crusender

Quote from: Masquerine on February 28, 2016, 10:14:07 PM

Those screenshots would explain the problems you've been having. Sky had some trouble with getting Malaria to work correctly at one point, and you probably got a copy of HSK in the middle of him fixing it. The yellow error about an "li" missing could really break the game, depending on where it was. Malaria has since been fixed as well as that yellow error. Playing with Github builds can be hit and miss sometimes. We can test and check what we do, but sometimes obscure errors can pop up when you least expect it and then everything breaks. Part of the fun.

Quote from: Wexit on February 28, 2016, 10:12:15 PM
Cassandra on challenge.
If you click on one of those red lines, you'll get a little mini window with a bunch of code stuff. Include that in the picture too. That usually points to some .dll code that Sky would understand. Sometimes it points to things that I can understand.

do you guys have colony manager whit some task on the list? if yes check by removing the desk and list correct the error (export your list before do that if want keep it load it again)

the yellow error is the version whit lance before was fix by Sky.

skyarkhangel

this multiple errors with hospitality. Hospitality yesterday were updated to latest version.

Wexit

Quote from: Crusender on February 29, 2016, 01:20:53 AM

http://puu.sh/npB3z/7d33e9eb1d.png

The trace is the same for all of the errors.

Masquerine

Quote from: Wexit on February 29, 2016, 06:07:55 AM

Quote from: skyarkhangel on February 29, 2016, 02:05:46 AM
this multiple errors with hospitality. Hospitality yesterday were updated to latest version.
As Sky mentioned the Hospitality mod was updated yesterday, which your error relates to. Was your copy of HSK from before or after the Hospitality update? If it was after we updated that mod with the new copy, then that'll be more bugs to fix.

Looks like hospitality was updated again. Try a fresh HSK copy and see if it still occurs.

Mrshilka

Hey First time user of this modpack, have stuck with the final release of the Ultimate mod pack for ages but wanted to try yours after Quill18's new series with it.

I have a few questions regarding it and possible bugs.

Lighted walls and Conduit walls use a different texture than the normal walls of the same type, also Lighted walls do not seem to light up, the areas remain dark, They are not like this in other modpacks or with in the original mod.

Animal hunting and aggression seems to be insane, all the hunting animals kill off all the herbivores and then mass attack my colony until the map has nothing left living on it, as new animals spawn repeat this cycle. (Jungle mountain map).

Tableware is used up each meal? do my people just smash the plates after eating? I Like the hardcore aspect but things like this seem difficult only for the sake of it.

*edits* Vents cannot be placed on Conduit walls at all, yet they can be placed on normal walls with conduits placed under them. (Would not be as an annoying issue if the textures all matched)

Cassie Extreme is giving me a good kicking so only have a single working colony in the three I have tried in the last 2 days.

Masquerine

Quote from: Mrshilka on February 29, 2016, 11:25:52 AM
Hey First time user of this modpack, have stuck with the final release of the Ultimate mod pack for ages but wanted to try yours after Quill18's new series with it.

I have a few questions regarding it and possible bugs.

Lighted walls and Conduit walls use a different texture than the normal walls of the same type, also Lighted walls do not seem to light up, the areas remain dark, They are not like this in other modpacks or with in the original mod.

Animal hunting and aggression seems to be insane, all the hunting animals kill off all the herbivores and then mass attack my colony until the map has nothing left living on it, as new animals spawn repeat this cycle. (Jungle mountain map).

Tableware is used up each meal? do my people just smash the plates after eating? I Like the hardcore aspect but things like this seem difficult only for the sake of it.

*edits* Vents cannot be placed on Conduit walls at all, yet they can be placed on normal walls with conduits placed under them. (Would not be as an annoying issue if the textures all matched)

Cassie Extreme is giving me a good kicking so only have a single working colony in the three I have tried in the last 2 days.
I can take a look at the lighted walls, maybe I can figure out why it isn't working. They seem to be working, both lighted and utility walls. The "Lighted Wall" version only turns on when it detects motion nearby, like a pawn walking near it. Utility Walls stay lit once supplied with power. I'll adjust the lighted wall description to clarify.

For animals hunting, my guess would be that the nutrition they get from gutted corpses is too low, causing them to consume more at once. This would lead to them needing to kill again sooner, leading to the map wipe. I'll bump it up a bit and watch how it goes.

Tableware. I'm not sure how to make it drop after a meal is consumed, as I can't think of any items that already do such a thing. Something for Sky to do, unless someone has some insight on what is needed to make it drop the specific tableware that went in to make it (meal with metal dropping metal one, ect).

Vents on walls. I think this is a .dll issue with it simply not accounting for modded wall types. I've seen it before when we had the alert speaker, as it had the same issue.

Wexit

Quote from: Masquerine on February 29, 2016, 08:30:26 AM
Quote from: Wexit on February 29, 2016, 06:07:55 AM

Quote from: skyarkhangel on February 29, 2016, 02:05:46 AM
As Sky mentioned the Hospitality mod was updated yesterday, which your error relates to. Was your copy of HSK from before or after the Hospitality update? If it was after we updated that mod with the new copy, then that'll be more bugs to fix.

Looks like hospitality was updated again. Try a fresh HSK copy and see if it still occurs.
My current version was from last Thursday, or thereabouts. I'll grab the latest version tonight and see if the issue arises again.

Mrshilka

Thanks for the replies:)

I did a small edit when I found out the power saving on the lighted walls. I removed it so I can have my bright bases and will just pay for the extra power use of always being on.
I also could not find a quick fix the the vents on conduit walls so just going to suck up the texture difference that the normal walls have.

THe animal map wipes are fun but I pointed it out as it might not been what was planned so thanks again.

Great mod pack , really pushed the game up to 11, I am looking forward to seeing if I can break it and get my 1000+ pawn raids going again.

Thank you all for your work.