[A10] Better Inspection - Traps (v1.0) (2015-05-15)

Started by Neocryptorian, May 14, 2015, 07:31:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neocryptorian

Better Inspection - Traps

This image is not an optimal usage of traps but more a show of content.

PS. All feedback is welcome and please bear with me it's my first official release work.

Introduction:
I welcome you all in to the "Better Inspection" mod which is a derivative work of JuliaEllie's mod "The Inspection - Floor Spikes" and now available with JuliaEllie's best wishes. So hope everyone will like the changes and don't forget the ones which made it all possible.  ;)

Description:
Now for the mod in question. This mod adds in a varied collection of spike traps for your different needs both powered and non-powered ones.

Some of the features so far involves different trap characteristics depending on the types of materials used to make them and different degrees of degradation between types. All traps are made to target both hostiles and animals but made in so that colonists and there allies remain safe, so no more accidental suicide runs for your colonists.  ;)

And to round up this description it now lands on you to try them out and find the most deadly combinations made available.

IMPORTANT! When updating to this mod from "The Inspection - Floor Spikes" mod deconstruct all Spike Traps or it will crash!

Downloads
Better Inspection - Traps (Alpha 10f) v1.0

Future Plans:
- Make some graphical changes so traps don't look the same when they aren't.
- Look into implementing a more varied assortment of traps that don't get too game/lore breaking.

Compatibility with mods:
This mod should be compatible with all mods that add materials which declares:
<MeleeWeapon_Cooldown>, <MeleeWeapon_SharpDamageMultiplier>, <color>.

Changes since "The Inspection - Floor Spikes" mod:
Changes made from "The Inspection - Floor Spikes" alpha 9 to alpha 10 also implemented into Better Inspection.
-Improved detection of animals and isColonist.

Changelog:

Initial Release Alpha 10f v.1.0 2015-05-15
- All traps now use StuffCategories (All traps now craftable from different materials)
- Traps now have 2 main types the weaker un-powered tier and the slightly stronger powered version.
- Traps statistics now dependent on material used to craft them (trigger speed, damage and max hitpoints varies)
- Traps are now unlockable through research, sorry everyone no free traps right at the start...
(Forgive me if I got a little carried away with the descriptions.  ;D)
- Traps now relocated to a new architect category: "Security - Traps" to make room for expansions in the future.
- Managed to figure out how to apply materials color to traps. (YAY! More immersive traps)

Credits too:
- JuliaEllie - Original Author
- deadlydullahan - For the idea on manual traps which also have some degradation on triggering, and making traps with different materials which in turn will determine trigger speed, damage and durability.
- tsungen - for being a really nice fellow helping out with making this build possible.

[attachment deleted due to age]

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/

If you treat people right they will treat you right... ninety percent of the time.
~Franklin D. Roosevel

deadlydullahan

All of this  ;D Amazing work

Edit: If I find any bugs I'll let you know pronto

Neocryptorian

Quote from: deadlydullahan on May 14, 2015, 07:51:47 PM
All of this  ;D Amazing work

Edit: If I find any bugs I'll let you know pronto

Fun to hear you like it, and thanks in advance.  ;)
All help is much appreciated.  :)

If you treat people right they will treat you right... ninety percent of the time.
~Franklin D. Roosevel

JuliaEllie

YAY its done! Nice work you did there. I would recommend uploading the mod to dropbox so everyone can download it even without a forum account.

Neocryptorian

Quote from: JuliaEllie on May 15, 2015, 08:34:58 AM
YAY its done! Nice work you did there. I would recommend uploading the mod to dropbox so everyone can download it even without a forum account.

Ok, will fix that straight away when I get home.  :)

~Franklin D. Roosevel

Kilroy232

So there is no actual description of what this mod does... what is it?

Neocryptorian

Quote from: Kilroy232 on May 15, 2015, 11:30:05 AM

Sorry for my mistake with missing to explain the mod... that was not intentional..  :(

In basic it's a mod which adds a more diversity of floor traps to kill hostiles and is based on JulieEllie's earlier work. (Images of the traps will be added and will adjust so it's more clear what it does...)

Edit: Have reviewed and added the missing part to the main post, sorry for missing it.

~Franklin D. Roosevel

deadlydullahan

Neo have you talked to Ninefinger about maybe having this mod featured in his modpack, feel it may help get more people to try this mod out and give some more feedback on it for potential fixes or ideas.

Kilroy232

Quote from: Neocryptorian on May 15, 2015, 01:01:34 PM

Sorry for my mistake with missing to explain the mod... that was not intentional..  :(

In basic it's a mod which adds a more diversity of floor traps to kill hostiles and is based on JulieEllie's earlier work. (Images of the traps will be added and will adjust so it's more clear what it does...)

Edit: Have reviewed and added the missing part to the main post, sorry for missing it.

Its no big deal, I wasn't trying to be rude I was really just curious :)

Neocryptorian

Quote from: deadlydullahan on May 15, 2015, 02:36:10 PM
Neo have you talked to Ninefinger about maybe having this mod featured in his modpack, feel it may help get more people to try this mod out and give some more feedback on it for potential fixes or ideas.

No i haven't you think NineFinger would be interrested?

~Franklin D. Roosevel

Neocryptorian

Quote from: Kilroy232 on May 15, 2015, 02:43:50 PM
Quote from: Neocryptorian on May 15, 2015, 01:01:34 PM

Its no big deal, I wasn't trying to be rude I was really just curious :)

Ok, good.  :)
Have made it more proper now, just face palmed myself big time when i read your post and noticed I missed it out.  :P

~Franklin D. Roosevel

deadlydullahan

Quote from: Neocryptorian on May 15, 2015, 02:46:54 PM
Quote from: deadlydullahan on May 15, 2015, 02:36:10 PM

No i haven't you think NineFinger would be interested?

Not sure but I can let him know and see what he thinks. I don't think there would be any real compatibility issues if he were to integrate this mod and I think it'd be a nice addition in his mod pack (course that's a personal opinion) but I'll pop on over to his modpack and let em know.

Neocryptorian

Quote from: deadlydullahan on May 15, 2015, 02:52:05 PM
Not sure but I can let him know and see what he thinks. I don't think there would be any real compatibility issues if he were to integrate this mod and I think it'd be a nice addition in his mod pack (course that's a personal opinion) but I'll pop on over to his modpack and let em know.

Please do.  :)

It's a first release upload so changes will be made as development continues with future updates, community feedback and eventual requests.

~Franklin D. Roosevel

deadlydullahan

Quote from: Neocryptorian on May 15, 2015, 03:07:06 PM

It's a first release upload so changes will be made as development continues with future updates, community feedback and eventual requests.

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=11934.msg132590#msg132590

It's a fairly overpowered mod in his opinion and I can see where he's coming from. Maybe if the spike traps had a reload time of some sort?

Edit: For example, wooden spikes are weak and fragile but have a low reload time versus plasteel which are heavy but deadly and durable but have a very long reload time.

Neocryptorian

Quote from: deadlydullahan on May 15, 2015, 03:18:16 PM
Quote from: Neocryptorian on May 15, 2015, 03:07:06 PM

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=11934.msg132590#msg132590

It's a fairly overpowered mod in his opinion and I can see where he's coming from. Maybe if the spike traps had a reload time of some sort?

Edit: For example, wooden spikes are weak and fragile but have a low reload time versus plasteel which are heavy but deadly and durable but have a very long reload time.

They have a melee cooldown time if that's what he is talking about default tickrate of 250 but can be adjusted?

And yes the way you described wood for example is just how it works... might need to adjust some stats on the research tree thou...

Could send him an big statistic file but will take some time to make one.  ???

Edit:
Wood trap spoiler: It only deals 2 dmg each trigger and it's trigger rate is 200% and has very little hp...

~Franklin D. Roosevel