[1.1-1.2][MODLIST] Rikiki's Miscellaneous (05-04-2020)

Started by Rikiki, May 18, 2015, 06:11:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dragoon

HURAAY this mod is awesome now I can go near water spots and not worry as much :D
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

badday

awesome mod

edit:   For this " Add joy activity: observing fishes.  "  , maybe u can create sort of aquarium for our pawns   ;)

Patrykbono20

Quote from: Shtuka on May 18, 2015, 07:36:45 PM
what the shame to create empty topics from nothing, I hope you will be banned!

oh siet!
You`re stupid or from russia ?

Everything its read in first post.

Rikki I hope theese is compability with others mod like:
Superior Crafting
T`s Md
Enhanced Defence and others popular mods :d

Your mod require a new game ?

Adamiks

Quote from: Patrykbono20 on May 19, 2015, 05:53:23 AM
Quote from: Shtuka on May 18, 2015, 07:36:45 PM
what the shame to create empty topics from nothing, I hope you will be banned!

oh siet!
You`re stupid or from russia ?

Everything its read in first post.

Rikki I hope theese is compability with others mod like:
Superior Crafting
T`s Md
Enhanced Defence and others popular mods :d

Your mod require a new game ?

I'm thinking that this is just a troll.

Panzer

Had to try this one, really nice, integrates well into vanilla :D

Cant really say much about regular fishing yet, but I tried the aquaponics.
From what I have gathered, that thing "converts" 60 vegetables to 30 meat (tried with mashgon) during 48 hours and needs 160W (150W + 10W hopper). In my opinion thats rather fast and cheap energywise, I would triple to quadruple the energy costs, because those things dont need lighting or heated rooms and you get meat in the end without nasty hunting incidents, and maybe double the time it takes for the fish to develop, dont know though how well that balances with the microbes event or whatever it is called.

The fishing net as a weapon may require some balancing too, the range is quite long, it is accurate and the reload is short, one pawn can endlessly stun an enemy, even mechanoids, lol. My suggestion would be to increase the cooldown, and either drastically decrease the accuracy at long ranges or shorten the max weapon range alltogether, and remove the centipede stun.

All in all a really nice mod, the descriptions and textures are nice, fish appears in trader lists, even got an extra icon in the resources list, already love it ;D

skyarkhangel

Yay! **ing great idea  :D
love this) It can be fully translated?

Rikiki

Thanks for your support! :D

Yep fishing net needs some balancing. I may change it to an expensive more advanced weapon with energy field 8) so it can disturb mechanoids internal electronics. ::)

I forgot about the sun lamp and temperature is still an option as the aquaponic is refrigerated. There is still some work to improve it! :)

As for the translation, I did not bother with it for now. I might have a look at it when I get some more free time. :P

LittleGreenStone

Oh this is sweet. Once I get home I'll definitely...try to sqeeze this mod between the other 30 or so... o_o

I have but one question! We won't have to tell them pawns to go and start fishing (or using the aquaponics) each time, like we have to with hunting, or will we?

Bob_Namg

This looks really good, Rikiki. Real fucking good. I expect great things from you.
"Hon hon hon"
-Anonymous, France

Rikiki

Quote from: LittleGreenStone on May 19, 2015, 05:56:31 PM
Oh this is sweet. Once I get home I'll definitely...try to sqeeze this mod between the other 30 or so... o_o

I have but one question! We won't have to tell them pawns to go and start fishing (or using the aquaponics) each time, like we have to with hunting, or will we?

As long as your hunters have no other higher priority tasks to do (like hunting designated wild animals) and the fishing pier is NOT forbidden/aquaponic is powered, the job is performed autonomously.

Rikiki

Updated to V10.1, see first post for the changelog.

@Patrykbono20: indicated in first post, no need of a new colony.

This mod should be compatible with any other mod that uses standard resources (steel, cloth, woodlog). You must be able to research vanilla "hydroponics".

Panzer

There are some problems with updating and loading a savegame, best to get rid of all aquaponics and fishing nets first, piers and other fishing tools seem to be fine (use dev mode > destroy/ deconstruct).

I cant create a fishing net at the pier, did you move it somewhere else?

EDIT: Nevermind, you moved it to the smithing bench.

Suggestion, you could make the net recipie use hyperweave, or better synth thread, thats not so rare. That way you cant get the best fishing tool from the start, the usefulness in combat has a price, and there is finally some use for synth thread :D
Right now the fishing rod covers shoulders and arms, I can wear it with a tshirt but not with a button-down shirt, can you make it cover left hand, right hand instead? that would be awesome :)

[attachment deleted due to age]

Panzer

I am playing around a bit with the XMLs, to balance fishing to my taste.
I noticed my freezer overflows with Blueblade, therefore I reduced commonality from 75% to 60% and catch quantity from 10 to 4. The pawns now spend a lot more time fishing before catching anything and I dont need to extend my freezer all the time :D

I might even try half of all commonalities. Fishing right now is like a super crop: minimal "growtime", "grows" in the cold and in darkness and the yield is high and doesnt depend on butcher skill. For me thats too much, I want it to be a small but steady meat source, to complement hunting animals, maybe standalone if I have a lot of fishing piers and aquaponics.

Who has different opinions, lets hear it, and where did you want to go with fishing, rikiki? :)

Rikiki

Quote from: Panzer on May 20, 2015, 11:28:39 AM
I am playing around a bit with the XMLs, to balance fishing to my taste.
[...]
Who has different opinions, lets hear it, and where did you want to go with fishing, rikiki? :)
There are good suggestions in there! :)
Some clarifications:
- the temperature is already taken into account since V10.1 (must be in [0°C; 40°C] or water quality will degrade).
- the comonnality only determines what kind of fish is caught (just think there are a ton of blueblade in the sea and only few sduiggles), not the catch success.
- the catch success is computed as: RandomValue > function(fishing tool kind, fishing tool quality, hunting skill, snow depth) => this is hard-coded in the dll! :P

I did my balance calculations based on the vegetables stats (1.6 rice per day per plant for example) but I may have forgotten the night rest duration. I will probably double the breeding duration.

The fish recipes *should* take into account the butcher efficiency and speed:

<workSpeedStat>ButcheryFleshSpeed</workSpeedStat>
    <efficiencyStat>ButcheryFleshEfficiency</efficiencyStat>

I will double check this detail.

As for the button-down T-shirt, it might be a little bit touchy with the apparel layers but I will look at it.

Panzer

Quote from: Rikiki on May 21, 2015, 01:42:48 AM
the comonnality only determines what kind of fish is caught (just think there are a ton of blueblade in the sea and only few sduiggles), not the catch success.

haha yeah I thought so after observing a while longer, but I wasnt too sure :P

I was not talking about the aquaponics in my post, I think those are fine, maybe increase breeding time a little bit or add a night rest duration (fish do sleep, by the way), but otherwise they re good :)
I was talking about the fishing piers. Only the marsh piers may freeze, coast is clear all season (cant do much about it, sea doesnt freeze :P). You can fish at nighttime which is ok, you can hunt animals at night too; maybe later on add a night fish? An eel perhaps? :P

I got 2 fishers, both with shoddy fishing rods, and those 2 guys pull enough fish out of the sea to support a colony of 15 men with fine meals all day. This is nice, but a little bit too much for my tastes ;D

I know nothing about modding, but I ll take a look at the source code, see if can compile the dll anew, right now Im thinking of something like cutting the success chance in half, will see how it works out, if I can get that far ;D

EDIT: Trying to wrap my head around the math, got stuck in JobDriver_FishAtFishingPier, line 191:

Whats the range of Rand.value?
I figured out that "catchSomethingThreshold" should be "1" in best case (legendary fishing net, lvl 20 hunting skills, no snow), but I dont know if the chance for a successful catch is a 100% in that case..