[1.1-1.2][MODLIST] Rikiki's Miscellaneous (05-04-2020)

Started by Rikiki, May 18, 2015, 06:11:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenfur

Hey Rikki, I have one bug report with caveworld flora.

I think that because you use ResourceBase instead PlantFoodRawBase (or you are missing some new tag in A12), my colonists started to pick up your shrooms to eat them later and won't eat them. They also stack indefinetely in their inventory. I've caught my colonists starving while having 250+ of each edible shrooms in inventory.

I suppose you used ResourceBase to customize some aspects such as nutrition? I wonder if you could use PlantFood base and just overwrite things/flags you need.
Little posts, quality posts.

Notice me, senpaaiiiiiii!!!!

Those xml names you refer to are meaningless and are only used for ease of writing the xml.  If an xml entry is "Abstract", it doesn't apply to anything outside of the xml file it's defined in and the game doesn't load or use them except to fill-in the data for actual defs using them.  They could be called "NerfHerder" for all it matters.

I've seen situations where my pawns are hoarding food when the supplies get low.  Just tell them to drop the raw food in your kitchen and force someone to make some meals.  Once you have a stock of meals, they should stop hoarding raw foods.
(2*b)||!(2*b) - That is the question.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world - those that understand binary and those that don't.

Powered By

zenfur

Quote from: 1000101 on September 02, 2015, 11:50:42 PM
Those xml names you refer to are meaningless and are only used for ease of writing the xml.  If an xml entry is "Abstract", it doesn't apply to anything outside of the xml file it's defined in and the game doesn't load or use them except to fill-in the data for actual defs using them.  They could be called "NerfHerder" for all it matters.

I've seen situations where my pawns are hoarding food when the supplies get low.  Just tell them to drop the raw food in your kitchen and force someone to make some meals.  Once you have a stock of meals, they should stop hoarding raw foods.

In my situation when I ordered to drop it, all colonists went there to first eat this and then take all remaining stuff in their pockets. That's very annoying. It's about stackability I believe. They prefer meals and when they have them available, they pick up them and cannot haul more than 1 at once, thus this problem does not occur. With raw food something is broken. I've observed this only with mushrooms though.
Little posts, quality posts.

Notice me, senpaaiiiiiii!!!!

Rikiki

Mmh, I have never noticed it myself. ??? I doubt this is due to the xml def, the inheritence has no impact but I will investigate it.
Thanks for the report! :)

About the fungiculture: I have already studied the question! ;)
However, I would have to rewrite a too big part of the core mechanisms to implement underground growing zone that you can cultivate year-round whatever the outside weather.
BUT... *going to code something*
Come back in a few days, I have an idea! ::)

moddymodder

Hey man, great mods. Your Fish industry says it should be safe to use in a current game but when i try and run it, it removes all but one of my people from the "work" menu and turns them all into zombies. Any advice?

Thanks in advance

Rikiki

Quote from: moddymodder on September 03, 2015, 06:42:31 PM
Hey man, great mods. Your Fish industry says it should be safe to use in a current game but when i try and run it, it removes all but one of my people from the "work" menu and turns them all into zombies. Any advice?

Thanks in advance
Oh yes, I just noticed it myself yesterday... :-\ and messed up with my savegame file to restore correct values. :P
You have to start a new colony for the Fisher job to be correctly taken into account.
Otherwise, if you know how to modify your savegame file/want to save a precious colony, I can give you the details.

Sorry for the inconvenience... :-[

Edit: corrected the OP message: you HAVE to start a new colony!

Rikiki

Updated the caveworld flora: there is now a fungiponics basin (I know the name is a bit weird :P, you can propose me another one which may fit better!) to grow shrooms in your caves.
Enjoy and give me your feedback about balance. :D

(2*b)||!(2*b) - That is the question.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world - those that understand binary and those that don't.