Let's get those paint brushes moving folks!

Started by Ramsis, May 30, 2015, 03:37:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Listy

Can't draw to save my life, I even struggle with stick people.

I can however use the internet, and have been around for a long time, so I know where to find Pimp my gun. So with that, a charge rifle:

And suddenly I realise why all my colonists are such bad shots.. look at the ergonomics on that!

Jarwy

Quote from: Pezz on September 11, 2015, 06:05:52 PM
Quote from: Rahjital on September 11, 2015, 05:30:02 PM
Photoshop CS2 is free, I think.

It is indeed~ o uo Certainly, it's an oldie, but I used it for many many years before upgrading, and it's still great for hobbyists.

Have a link: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/cs2-product-downloads.html

Wow, thanks to you two. This is perfect. CS2 is quite nice to have, but I never wanted to put money down on Photoshop programs. Insta downloaded...

TheGentlmen

Quote from: A Friend on September 12, 2015, 04:06:47 AM
Quote from: Mechanoid Hivemind on September 11, 2015, 10:26:14 PM
A Friend can you make a wallpaper of that crash that's sweet and i wanna use it as my background

I don't really know how wallpapers work so... here's a 1600 x 1200
http://i.imgur.com/D30AOG3.jpg
I'd like an 1920x1080 version... plz  :)

Kelian

This thread needs a sticky.

And the art work is amazing. Love this community.

A Friend

"For you, the day Randy graced your colony with a game-ending raid was the most memorable part of your game. But for Cassandra, it was Tuesday"

Squiggly lines you call drawings aka "My Deviantart page"

Pezz

Some doodles from a mod I'm working on, which introduces a number of new crops, the first of which, I have tentatively named the Polypod:

During the fruiting stage, it forms a large bulb filled with a sticky, nutritious (for the plant's seeds anyway) biopolymer, with which your colonists will be able to do funky things = v=

More to follow~

A Friend

Another colonist work: Kelly Winterbourne, a warden of the Rytom Colony

WIP
http://i.imgur.com/xTRQ5F8.png
(Because you all know how much I love posting incomplete stuffs.)
"For you, the day Randy graced your colony with a game-ending raid was the most memorable part of your game. But for Cassandra, it was Tuesday"

Shinzy

Quote from: A Friend on September 15, 2015, 10:30:32 AM
Another colonist work: Kelly Winterbourne, a warden of the Rytom Colony

WIP
http://i.imgur.com/xTRQ5F8.png
(Because you all know how much I love posting incomplete stuffs.)
Teach her some trigger safety! gosh!

A Friend

Quote from: Shinzy on September 15, 2015, 02:51:07 PM
Teach her some trigger safety! gosh!

Who needs safety when you got point blank inaccuracy?

Also something I hastily made in Paint.net

(Was originally supposed to be a little comic but nyeeeeh...)

A Friend

MORE WIPs!

(My safe file was corrupted a few days ago fuck, so might as well show a bit of progress so far just in case Potatoshop decides to be a dick again.)

NuclearStudent

Quote from: A Friend on September 26, 2015, 05:18:11 AM
MORE WIPs!

(My safe file was corrupted a few days ago fuck, so might as well show a bit of progress so far just in case Potatoshop decides to be a dick again.)

This is just the cutest picture! It really makes me think about what those 16 year old youth are doing stranded alone. Their lives have hardly begun!

keylocke

Quote from: Pezz on September 13, 2015, 12:03:24 PM
Some doodles from a mod I'm working on, which introduces a number of new crops, the first of which, I have tentatively named the Polypod:

During the fruiting stage, it forms a large bulb filled with a sticky, nutritious (for the plant's seeds anyway) biopolymer, with which your colonists will be able to do funky things = v=

More to follow~

woot, this is awesome. is this for a graphics mod? what's it called?

TheGentlmen

NOTE: WIP

Based on:

First sketched a prottype:

Then scanned:

Finally Gimp-ilized:

A Friend

2 Weeks and 38 opened tabs worth of trace-overs reference later...

Rimworld: The Anime Ep2: A Wanderer Joins the Colony

Full view: http://i.imgur.com/5fzrG9A.jpg

Thoughts:
Finallyfinisheditwoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
I was originally unsure with how the hair looked like but I liked how it turned out in the end. Also I had no idea what to draw as a background. Oh and I'm getting more and more familiar with clothing folds.

Alright, now to do 1 weeks worth of schoolwork I ditched aside just to finish this...