[A10-A15] cuproPanda's Mods (Old Thread)

Started by cuproPanda, April 23, 2015, 03:30:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WHiZ

With the advent of weddings, can you consider updating your zen garden to include shrubbery and maybe even flowers as well so the gardens can have greater usage? Maybe have the shrubbery do the linking as well so you can make garden mazes. Thanks!

cuproPanda

Quote from: WHiZ on April 12, 2016, 12:16:12 PM
With the advent of weddings, can you consider updating your zen garden to include shrubbery and maybe even flowers as well so the gardens can have greater usage? Maybe have the shrubbery do the linking as well so you can make garden mazes. Thanks!
:D That's a wonderful idea!
cuproPanda's Mods: Survivalist's Additions, Additional Joy Objects, Cupro's Drinks, Quarry, Cupro's Stones, Zen Garden, Cupro's Alloys, Preset Filtered Zones, & more!

Kolljak

Had an idea with Non powered mod of yours do you think you could add a Ceiling fan or some sort of primative cooling... no way to cool a room w/o power. making heatwaves deadly.... campfires can be used to prevent cold....

cuproPanda

Like this?

Quote from: Kolljak on April 12, 2016, 09:40:52 PM
Had an idea with Non powered mod of yours do you think you could add a Ceiling fan or some sort of primative cooling... no way to cool a room w/o power. making heatwaves deadly.... campfires can be used to prevent cold....
I was thinking about something very similar before a13 came out. Stay tuned, it'll probably show up!
cuproPanda's Mods: Survivalist's Additions, Additional Joy Objects, Cupro's Drinks, Quarry, Cupro's Stones, Zen Garden, Cupro's Alloys, Preset Filtered Zones, & more!

WHiZ

Quote from: cuproPanda on April 12, 2016, 10:44:03 PM

Like this?

looks great! =) can't wait to try it out..

WHiZ

Couple more ideas for you. Can you make the hedges blocking like walls so that colonists have to go around them? Not just for aesthetic reasons but on to idea #2.  Similar to the "party" placeholder, can you put a joy placeholder that would be like one of your extended joy objects. What this would allow for is for a zen garden, to actually be used for joy with people going to it. Likewise, if you made a garden maze with hedges, it would pathfind and find joy in the center. basically it would give a colonist a reason to go to these places.

cuproPanda

Quote from: WHiZ on April 13, 2016, 12:28:12 AM
Couple more ideas for you. Can you make the hedges blocking like walls so that colonists have to go around them? Not just for aesthetic reasons but on to idea #2.  Similar to the "party" placeholder, can you put a joy placeholder that would be like one of your extended joy objects. What this would allow for is for a zen garden, to actually be used for joy with people going to it. Likewise, if you made a garden maze with hedges, it would pathfind and find joy in the center. basically it would give a colonist a reason to go to these places.

I can make another variant of hedges that act like walls. As for the other ideas, I like them, but I'll have to see about implementing them; creating jobs gets rather complicated.

WHiZ

Sorry, i wasn't wanting to give you a bunch more work.. lol... i was just thinking, prob incorrectly, it might be simple to take your arcade code, make a translucent box and call it a joy location, and people would go to it and stand there for joy, in the same way they stand at the arcade for joy. I'm prob over simplifying it as i don't know what all goes into making the mods, or you  may be envisioning something more robust. I just hate for the zen garden etc to be ignored by them when they could get something for going there.

cuproPanda

Quote from: WHiZ on April 13, 2016, 04:19:06 PM
Sorry, i wasn't wanting to give you a bunch more work.. lol... i was just thinking, prob incorrectly, it might be simple to take your arcade code, make a translucent box and call it a joy location, and people would go to it and stand there for joy, in the same way they stand at the arcade for joy. I'm prob over simplifying it as i don't know what all goes into making the mods, or you  may be envisioning something more robust. I just hate for the zen garden etc to be ignored by them when they could get something for going there.
I could make a translucent box for giving joy, but the problem is the colonists wouldn't get joy until they were on it, so for traversing a maze they'd only get joy once reaching the destination. I'd much rather make, say, an entrance object that causes them to wander around inside, but I'd be lost as to how to go about doing it.
I've been wanting to make special chairs that colonists could sit at which gives them joy based on the beauty of their surroundings. I'm currently finishing up a pretty significant addition to AJO which operates in a similar manner: it scans the room for pawns, then slowly fills up their joy meter. Hopefully the process is similar enough.

cuproPanda

Updated AJO to v3.00:
Added dartboard
Fixed easel icon rotation
Added thurible - provides joy to all in room as long as it's fueled
Added AEA tank - fuel for the thurible, comes in multiple scents

Kirid

In your MoreFloors, the vanilla stone tiles are being overwritten

currently your code has them as:
<TerrainDef ParentName="StoneTileBase">
when they should be:
<TerrainDef ParentName="TileStoneBase">

Otherwise loving it!
You can't rollerskate in a muffalo herd

cuproPanda

Quote from: Kirid on April 15, 2016, 10:40:13 PM
In your MoreFloors, the vanilla stone tiles are being overwritten

currently your code has them as:
<TerrainDef ParentName="StoneTileBase">
when they should be:
<TerrainDef ParentName="TileStoneBase">

Otherwise loving it!
Actually, the problem is that I named mine TileSandstone(etc), which overwrites the original variants. I didn't even realize, though, so thanks for mentioning it! It's strange, though: the tiles were overwritten, yet replaced with small bricks? And here I thought that was a cool feature, randomly picking floors of the stone type  :(
I fixed it in v1.13

cuproPanda

Everyone please update all of my mods that you're using, other than Soda Brewing. I made a pretty big mistake when updating which affected all mods other than SODA. The problems were all small, and shouldn't affect saves. It may be easier to download the PandaPack in the main post, depending on how many of my mods you're using.

:-[ Sorry for the inconvenience!

Also, the Expanded Power mod replaced the Daylight Sensors mod - it adds two new batteries along with the two sensors.

Severik

there seems to be more than  problem, ancient amulets downloadlink aims at zen garden and the power mod link is broken

cuproPanda

Quote from: Severik on April 16, 2016, 03:33:46 PM
there seems to be more than  problem, ancient amulets downloadlink aims at zen garden and the power mod link is broken
Fixed! Thanks for letting me know