Any way to adjust event weights?

Started by A Space Ostrich, June 14, 2015, 10:37:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A Space Ostrich

I'm working on a storyteller called Maya Harshlands which is intended to make the game more about struggling against nature than against raiders. However, adjusting the event weighting by def isn't quite enough (though it is already shaping up nicely, might upload a 1.0 later today). Is there any way, either through defs or Lua, that I can adjust the weights of specific events, so I can make non nature based events very unlikely, and increase the likelyhood of events such as manhunter pack. I'd also like to add a new Alpha Wargs event where 3 or so giant Wargs show up.

ItchyFlea

Yes. You'll want to edit the .xml files that are found in this location: \Defs\IncidentDefs
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Ask for permission before using in ModPacks

Click here for a list of the mods I've created

RawCode

Bad plan actually.
Copy Defs you like to modify into your own mod folder, do not modify files from *core* or at least make backup of *core* mod

Modloader prefer data from mods and will override any values if mod contains def with same name.

akiceabear

Just voicing my strong interest in this storyteller! Look forward to playing it when available.

I do hope there will still be raids, but perhaps every 6 months or less (but still challenging when they come). Raids have so much more impact when they unbalance a colony you managed to stabilize after 6 months. Also, I feel like when they come less frequently I'm less likely to turtle in with turrets - which results in a much more harrowing/emotional battle.

A Space Ostrich

Still working away on it. Should be cool when it's done though. If somebody would like to help with the alpha Warg thing (so that I can bundle it into the first release instead of having it be 1.1), send me a pm.

RemingtonRyder

For the 'classic' storyteller style, the storytellerXML itself has a strong influence on the events which occur.

<minDaysBetweenThreatBigs>4</minDaysBetweenThreatBigs>

These are the tags which decide how often you get raids and sieges. In the above example, the minimum number of days between those has to be four days.