[A17] Skullywags Weapon Packs - Laser and Gauss updated!

Started by skullywag, June 24, 2015, 03:22:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skullywag

Quote from: Nanao-kun on May 08, 2016, 09:49:09 PM
What's special about the Odyssey weapons? I'm using CR, so I can't really check.

Nothing special really. All have custom sounds and are just there for variety. I need to do another pass and add some secondary damage types as they all emp currently, but tother than they are just more futuristic weapons.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

skullywag

Quote from: Kaballah on May 08, 2016, 08:43:48 PM
I wish you would do some tech melee type weapons, like stuff out of Warhammer 40k.  Chainsword, vibroblade, stun gauntlets or goofy things like that.
Hasnt someone done a w40k mod?

Kaballah

skullywag

Kaballah

LittleMikey

Quote from: skullywag on May 08, 2016, 04:04:06 PM
Quote from: LittleMikey on May 07, 2016, 06:07:54 AM
Hey Skullywag, not sure if this has been mentioned already, but it seems that hunters who kill animals with Plasma weapons don't tag the corpse as a not forbidden.

If I had to guess I'm assuming that method of death isn't the weapon projectile itself but some sort of DoT effect attached to it? Which is why they aren't unforbidding the corpse like a normal hunting job.

*Edit*
Just to clarify, this seems to be happening most frequently with the Plasma Precision Rifle, though sometimes it does seem to work properly. Just not very frequently.

Maybe the "fire" secondary damage is kicking in and killing them, do the corpses have burn damage?

Here's an example:
http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/262709962042105447/E6C78B4656C3A8AE14950C5B45F966A70F5566D9/

Maybe because a vital organ was destroyed the animal was considered killed by natural causes instead of by a hunter?

skullywag

probably bled out and its outside the homezone so will be unforbidden.

Dragoon

The Odyssey bows are way overpriced and underpowered for their price. The Apollo bow does 22 damage wheat as the great bow does 18 however, they share the same range and firing speed, and the Apollo bow is only 4% more accurate. How does that translate into that massive cost? I can make a great bow and it's almost as good the Apollo bow. And the Artemis bow cost the same amount despite it's stats being closer to the shortbow?
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

skullywag

cuz it makes the pew pew noises.

But in all seriousness its due to them being part of a larger unfinished mod where they are rare unique weapons and only spawn 1 a game, however that mod has stalled due to unforseen problems with what i was trying to do. Use em, mod em, your choice.

Dragoon

Quote from: skullywag on May 10, 2016, 02:52:59 PM
-snip-

I am only gonna say this once (for now). I love your mods keep up the fantastic work man.
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

LittleMikey

Quote from: skullywag on May 10, 2016, 09:08:34 AM
probably bled out and its outside the homezone so will be unforbidden.

The thing is that it was pretty obvious that the Precision Plasma Rifle killed it, it was dead the instant the bolt hit, but forbidden.

skullywag

ill do some testing and see if i cant replicate the problem.

DFC

I can't seem to be able to craft the stun guns and beanbag shotgun on the machining table but I can see the tazer on the smithy, am I doing something wrong or is this intended? I looked into the files and see that the stungun/shotgun both has material costs and I might be missing on something

skullywag

Its probably not got the makeable base set which gives it the recipe. Ill take a look tonight.

Techgenius

Laser and Gauss weapons are bugged, everytime I try to load a game, it breaks, and points towards Gauss and Lasers, something to do with "reload" Non-lethal weaponry is working as expected.