[A17] Skullywags Misc mods - Storage (UPDATED), Vents, coolers, Fabrics updated!

Started by skullywag, June 29, 2015, 06:29:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpaceDorf

That was not it :)

I was fiddling with the size of the obejct.
That did not work because of the methods used to create the stacks.
I just forgot about that
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Jcewazhere

I browsed through about 15 of the pages before my eyes glazed over so forgive me if I missed it but:

Exactly what can each bin store? For example i built the freezer chest expecting to store lavish meals in my dinning room while keeping them from rotting but it only takes raw ingredients. The description says "Perishables", but I assumed that meals are perishable. Also wood rots, clothing decays etc. there's not much that isn't perishable.
Also can each storage bin store the same total number of items? If they are different then a simple line: "Holds X of one item." in the description would fix that.

This is a neat mod, the pallets alone are worth getting this mod.

shhfiftyfive

dumb question: the download link in pics send to git page but only see source code in download section. do we use that? or do we navigate to skullywags / nameofmod to find  green button for clone master file?

SpaceDorf

hehehe, not a dumb question, i was wondering this for myself a long time.

just download the source code. github is a programming repository website so everything is labeled in coding terms,
so just download the zip, extract it and copy the folder to your modfolder.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

JarJar

I have a small request, if possible: Is it possible to add a patch to the Storage mod that makes it so it can store the Cooking Ingredients from Vegetable Garden as well. Maybe someone could tell me how to make that myself.

The goal would be to make the cooking ingredients selectable in the storage filter (currently it allows vegetables, animal products and meat) so i can store those as well.

thanks in advance

CannibarRechter

Are the cooking ingredients from Vegetable Garden in their own Category?

Anyway, look in the mod, Defs\ThingDefs\Storage, and then open the item you want to modify, such as Storage_Basket.xml. Look at the fixedStorageSettings stanza, here:

<building>
      <fixedStorageSettings>
        <priority>Important</priority>
        <filter>
          <categories>
            <li>FoodRaw</li>
          </categories>
          <thingDefs>
            <li>HerbalMedicine</li>
          </thingDefs>
        </filter>
      </fixedStorageSettings>
    </building>

This stanza is saying that it can accept the categories "FoodRaw", and the specific item "HerbalMedicine".

"li" stands for list item. You can add more of each. Each new addition should be a copy of the whole line, including the "<li>" and "</li>". You can put added categories in the category section, or added items in the item section. If Vegetable Garden put its ingredients on a single category, the addition should just be one line.
CR All Mods and Tools Download Link
CR Total Texture Overhaul : Gives RimWorld a Natural Feel
CR Moddable: make RimWorld more moddable.
CR CompFX: display dynamic effects over RimWorld objects

Jonarific

Quote from: Jcewazhere on August 19, 2016, 09:07:04 PM
I browsed through about 15 of the pages before my eyes glazed over so forgive me if I missed it but:

Exactly what can each bin store? For example i built the freezer chest expecting to store lavish meals in my dinning room while keeping them from rotting but it only takes raw ingredients. The description says "Perishables", but I assumed that meals are perishable. Also wood rots, clothing decays etc. there's not much that isn't perishable.
Also can each storage bin store the same total number of items? If they are different then a simple line: "Holds X of one item." in the description would fix that.

This is a neat mod, the pallets alone are worth getting this mod.

Greetings, I'm not the mod author, but if you wanted to hold meals I believe the item says it "holds trays."it isn't a frozen container itself but can be put in a cold room at least. I agree the frozen container should hold meals and a description for how many each container holds would be neat. It's a safe assumption it holds more then the default though, so I'll use the containers for that reason alone.

theorial

Hi. Just wanted you to know that I modified your tray rack to be refridgerated simply by adding

<comps>
       <li>
          <compClass>CommunityCoreLibrary.CompRefrigerated</compClass>
      </li>
      <li>
        <compClass>CompForbiddable</compClass>
      </li>
      <li Class="CompProperties_Power">
        <compClass>CompPowerTrader</compClass>
        <basePowerConsumption>100</basePowerConsumption>
      </li>
      <li Class="CompProperties_Breakdownable"/>
      <li Class="CompProperties_Flickable" />
    </comps>

after the <surfaceType>Item</surfaceType> at the bottom of the tray rack file(Storage\Storage_TrayRack.xml). Seems to work just like the deep freezer that wouldn't hold meals (which I copied the freezer part of the code from). The reasoning? I like to place my food storage building away from the colony next to the crops. It's not really that far away, but my pawns keep 'eating without a table' because my main hall is where the table is (big main room with tables and joy objects, surrounded by 8x8 rooms). I could put a table in the deep freezer (28f), but that ruins the way I want them to play, which is eating at the dang table I destroyed and rebuilt 20 times just to get mastercrafted...

Anyway, not sure if you were the one who once had them, but I wanted them so I did something about it. Maybe you want to permanently add it or something since it's apparently very easy to do (thanks to your work in the first place though).

CannibarRechter

It's equally easy to modify the Freezer to accept meals. I think it would be better that way than making the trays freezers, as the tray carriers have a use case inside your large room-freezer, whereas the freezers have no real use case in your room-freezer.
CR All Mods and Tools Download Link
CR Total Texture Overhaul : Gives RimWorld a Natural Feel
CR Moddable: make RimWorld more moddable.
CR CompFX: display dynamic effects over RimWorld objects

theorial

Quote from: CannibarRechter on August 26, 2016, 08:41:53 AM
It's equally easy to modify the Freezer to accept meals. I think it would be better that way than making the trays freezers, as the tray carriers have a use case inside your large room-freezer, whereas the freezers have no real use case in your room-freezer.

Not really sure what you're trying to say. I don't personally use the freezers at all as I make a freezer room and use the food baskets to keep it neat in there. Personally I wouldn't mind having the option for both, but since my tray racks are now refrigerated, I don't need them in my freezer as I make just enough food to keep the trays full (of many types of food). Now I can put them in my guest room, my hospital, and my entertainment room (dining room) and sell off the rest of the raw resources with the autosell mod.

I'm not saying everyone NEEDS this or should do it, but if you DO, that's how you can do it.

timeandtherani

Is there or will there be a 15 update?  Or do the mods work with 15 as is?  I love your mods and am looking forward to re-installing for 15!

skullywag

they deffo wont work on A14, theyll get updated as I can get to em, no eta as of yet.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

timeandtherani

shhfiftyfive

after trying the a14 version of extended fabrics mod, let me just say, ugh. so so so many cotton balls. so much storage space wasted on cotton balls, and so much work to make regular cloth compared to vanilla....

i just want a way to craft synthread and hyperweave. is there a way i can get that without this cottonball situation?

also, i've recently disabled the mod due to the cottonball thing, but is my memory wrong in thinking this mod also allowed you to grow devilstrand in the hydroponics again?

Kiwih