[A17] Skullywags Misc mods - Storage (UPDATED), Vents, coolers, Fabrics updated!

Started by skullywag, June 29, 2015, 06:29:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dellamorte

The lighting mod works but the coloured lights will not work till CCL is updated.

Serenity

I really miss the storage system already :)

I've only played a few games with it, but now that it's not available I have this huge fridge and it's kinda annoying

exodus1028

Quote from: Serenity on September 02, 2016, 05:28:30 AM
I really miss the storage system already :)

I've only played a few games with it, but now that it's not available I have this huge fridge and it's kinda annoying

i second this, i dont really like how the quantum storage stuff works.
I'd rather have designated deep shelfs for one items or two. yes that needs more space, but I have much better control on what is stored where and also provides better visuals and usage (dont have to cycleclick through dozens of items).

CannibarRechter

> i second this, i dont really like how the quantum storage stuff works.

I believe what it does is sucks in stacks of things nearby, and makes the stacks all be in the same cell. If you've killed lots of enemies before, you've seen multiple bodies in the same cell. So it works the same way.  I haven't used QS, but I think this is how it works.

As for the topic, indeed. I won't upgrade to A15 until I have Skully's storage.
CR All Mods and Tools Download Link
CR Total Texture Overhaul : Gives RimWorld a Natural Feel
CR Moddable: make RimWorld more moddable.
CR CompFX: display dynamic effects over RimWorld objects

skullywag

Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

CannibarRechter

Skully, I took your source for your Extended Storage mod, removed the freezer, and removed all the CCL dependencies, as the freezer seemed to be the only component depending on CCL. Things seem to work so far. Is this expected?

Edit: After testing, the answer is "no." The _Thing redefinition is essential. Superficially, it appears to have nothing to do with the mod, but by observing load behavior after restoring a savegame, and comparing to prior versions, the _Thing redefinition is what allows the mod to bypass checks in the core that truncate stacks larger than a certain size.

CannibarRechter

Hi, Skully,

I was successfully able to get Extended Storage working without CCL last night, by copying in the Detours.cs code into your mod, and then instead of using the injector helper, creating a Constructor on the Building object, setting a static variable to see if the entire mod had been initialized, and setting up the Detour if it had not. I'm still testing this, but it seems to be honoring the new stack sizes after a savegame restore, so I'm thinking it is working.

I wonder how many mods depend on CCL but only use a simple Detour? Kinda makes me think maybe CCL should be divided into subparts.

skullywag

Quote from: CannibarRechter on September 06, 2016, 09:06:23 AM
Hi, Skully,

I was successfully able to get Extended Storage working without CCL last night, by copying in the Detours.cs code into your mod, and then instead of using the injector helper, creating a Constructor on the Building object, setting a static variable to see if the entire mod had been initialized, and setting up the Detour if it had not. I'm still testing this, but it seems to be honoring the new stack sizes after a savegame restore, so I'm thinking it is working.

I wonder how many mods depend on CCL but only use a simple Detour? Kinda makes me think maybe CCL should be divided into subparts.

You are correct, but why would i do all that if CCL handles it, we are approaching Tynan about detours and the like so bare with us. No mod NEEDS CCL for detours, it just makes it easier for those that dont fully understand the intricacies of it. Most of my mods that have detours started off having the detours internal, i moved some of them to CCL, the others that didnt fix anything but were needed for extra functionality stayed as they were, but used the CCL injector for ease.

I wont be removing CCL from my mods just for clarity. Why would i help make a library and then not use it...

CannibarRechter

Well I was mostly wondering how many CCL mods only use detours. If the answer is "a lot" (and I have no idea if it is), it may make sense to have detours be something that can be released incrementally, so that it can get out there to the CCL-dependent mods more quickly after a major RW rev. Detours seem pretty standalone, as far as the CCL goes.

Anyway, I wasn't aware you were a CCL contributor. Thanks for all the nice work, there.

SpaceDorf

Could you still publish the ccl free Storage Mod until CCL comes out ?
As a band aid for all those poor souls ( me ) that can't stand this big piles of junk everywhere ?
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

pktongrimworld

skullywag

Without CCL they would simply be storage racks with different items being stored, CCL is needed for the stack merging, it wasnt needed until A14 added the truncating of anything that breaks the stack limit. :(

Deimos Rast

I actually stripped the storage mod of ccl/dll dependencies and he's right, they're just a bunch of racks that don't do much. I even added the "prevent deterioration" but that does nothing against rot, for which you need ccl refrigeration.
They do look nice though. ;)
#StopPluginAbuse

SpaceDorf

Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.