[A17] Skullywags Misc mods - Storage (UPDATED), Vents, coolers, Fabrics updated!

Started by skullywag, June 29, 2015, 06:29:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skullywag

Hmm wierd. Ill look into it. I have been using steel to test so there be something wonky with thise other things but its all the same code....i think....leave it with me.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

SpaceDorf

I would like to help you test, what is the formula of return ?

I read something in the last posts that reclaim should return about half of the used recipe cost ?

Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

miguellima

Hey there,

Using your storage mod, It seems that it's not multi stacking several stuff. Should all of your items multi stack what they hold? Food, weapons, materials?

Many thanks

miguellima

CannibarRechter

The locker doesn't "multi-stack" weapons at all in my build. It's a 2x1 cell. It holds 2 weapons. I was hoping that it would hold N weapons, and I'd have to click through them or some such, to find out what was there. Which way is it supposed to work?
CR All Mods and Tools Download Link
CR Total Texture Overhaul : Gives RimWorld a Natural Feel
CR Moddable: make RimWorld more moddable.
CR CompFX: display dynamic effects over RimWorld objects

Oragepoilu

I don't think this storage mod is made to multti stack item that have special value like "can be made of different material" or "can have a quality" (= apparel, weapon ).

I have yet to unlock it, but there is still the quantum storage mod updated to A14 : you can try it, it's a good solution but more end game.

Gfurst

Quote from: skullywag on August 03, 2016, 02:08:16 AM
Hmmm weird, i would have thought it would fail...were you getting small amounts of cloth or 50% of cost do you know?
I tested it and wasnt getting any steel back with just this mod on.
Also was this on A14?
Yeah this is on the latest version A14e, I'm pretty sure getting textile back, noticed a big increase amount in my cloth stock after reclaiming from several salvaged clothes. On the smelter however I'm not sure about quantity, the test was made with silver and uranium, it was pretty small quantity too but I think that could be expected.

SpaceDorf

Quote from: Gfurst on August 03, 2016, 02:54:58 PM
Hmmm weird, i would have thought it would fail...were you getting small amounts of cloth or 50% of cost do you know?
Also was this on A14?
Yeah this is on the latest version A14e, I'm pretty sure getting textile back, noticed a big increase amount in my cloth stock after reclaiming from several salvaged clothes. On the smelter however I'm not sure about quantity, the test was made with silver and uranium, it was pretty small quantity too but I think that could be expected.

In A14e
I get Textiles back for sure. Less than half of the production cost, but more than ( Cost/2 ) * 0.Condition
I could not test the smelter yet
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

skullywag

Quote from: Gfurst on August 03, 2016, 02:54:58 PM
Also was this on A14?

Im guessing you were smelting melee weapons, anything made of stuff would have worked like the fabric reclaim, ranged weapons which arent made of stuff just fail.

skullywag

Reclaim Fabric updated, will now do armour as well, ive tested guns and stuff and they still work being smelted. The code to detect the pawn doing the work to work out their skills has a possible flaw but its very edge case and unlikely to happen (would need another pawn in the same cell as the pawn working on reclaiming) some code is being added to ccl i can use to address this fully but im gonna see how this goes before using it.

The physic helmet isnt craftable and has no smeltable products so will return nothing.

So yeah, let me know how it goes.

skullywag

Ive also tested the hell out of extended storage and its worked in every test ive tried. If anyone is having issues, i need logs from games effected by whatever the problem is.

Oragepoilu

Quote from: skullywag on August 04, 2016, 04:07:53 PM
Ive also tested the hell out of extended storage and its worked in every test ive tried. If anyone is having issues, i need logs from games effected by whatever the problem is.
I understand. I'm sorry to waste your time on this. I'll try to look further on my side, even if I'm kinda out of option at this point. Thx for trying, I know it's a pain to debug things.

I guess I'll just stop using this for now, along the quantum stockpile (.. it give me the same error btw), as downloading rimworld from scratch, with CCL and this give me the bug.

In case somebody is willing to keep reading, well here we go :

I wonder, do you use the steam version of rimworld, or use the downloaded version (like previous alpha) ? I do use the steam version. Shouldn't make a difference, but who know.

What is exactly the "log" you could use ? I'v attached my output_log, if it's what you are looking for. This one is a new map, CCL + storage only, regular basic start on a random map. I active dev mode, godmod, place 4 pallet, and spam a bunch of stack of wood nearby. And the bug appear when my pawn start to haul.

What I have noticed after 2 hours of testing :

-happen only when the pallet (storage) is empty, or do not have yet more than one stack on the main slot. When there is , like 150 wood, I don't see it happen.
****This explain some stuff for me, as wood is often empty unlike my other material stored. Same for silver, often empty and refilled. Meal on the other hand is almost never empty. Wood and silver often bug in my main save while I only saw the simple meal bug once. Other materials match as well this; I can't just say it's normal to have the wood bug more often than the meal because wood is more used, as I move way more meal than wood (28 active pawn, over 2500  simple meals, meal dropped when cook so they aren't haul one per one).

-it happen regardless if dev mode is activated or not. It *might* tend to happen less often when it's off, or it might just be me. (Tested by looking at the global amount of wood I have. I made sure to wait until the number update correctly while checking, as it's not instant.)

-When a pallet is created (godmod or using a pawn), if there is some wood under the second slot of the pallet AND if the total of wood between the main and second slot is >75, bug occur, and I have only 75 wood left. (I lost whatever was over 75).
-Similar, If there is >75 wood in the second slot, it bug, regardless of the main slot. If there is >75 in the main slot, it doesn't bug.

-I have way way way more bug when I have a lot of pawn hauling. Tested by having the same room, and repeat remove/remake 4 pallet while waiting for them to haul each time. The more pawn I added in the room, the more bug I got each time I start filling the 4 pallet, so I end with more bug per pallet when the number of pawn increase.
**** 1 pawn don't bug much, if anything. 3 pawn give me almost always one bug if not two. 28 pawn (with quite some sleeping of wandering) give 3-4 bug each time, at last. If you start a world and have only one pawn that can haul, it happen way less often than when you have the three hauling.

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

skullywag

ok a question, can you start a game with CCL and this mod, unforbid the wood on startup, godmode or build a pallet and let your pawns haul stuff, does this break for you? save and reload, does this break? close game restart and reload, does this break?

if nothing in the above breaks, give me specific step by step instructions on how to make the error occur.

Oragepoilu

Quote from: skullywag on August 05, 2016, 03:52:35 AM
ok a question, can you start a game with CCL and this mod, unforbid the wood on startup, godmode or build a pallet and let your pawns haul stuff, does this break for you? save and reload, does this break? close game restart and reload, does this break?

if nothing in the above breaks, give me specific step by step instructions on how to make the error occur.

1 - edit the modsconfig.xml to have only the core activated
2 - start rimworld, open mod section, clic on CCL(steam) and then on Extended storage
3 - "close" button. Restart the game manually.
4 - "new colony"
5 - "crashlanded"
6 - "cassandra classic" + "basebuilder"
7 - any seed for a 200x150 world. "generate"
8 - Select a temperate forest and start
9 - Droppod come. Pawn come out of them. I pause the game after they start moving.
10 - Game saved under the name "TEST"

From here, try this (I personally done this test +-80 times when writing this):

A-11 - Active dev mode to track error.
A-12 - Place a wooden pallet blueprint on the ground, a few cell near my colonist. Pallet don't have anything close to it.
A-13 -unforbid 300 wood
A-14 - Unpause the game; pallet is build.
---bug can occur

B-11 - Active dev mod. Active godmod
B-12 - Godly place 4 pallet, all close together, in this shape :
xx
yy
zz
ee
B-13 - "Tool-try place near stacks of 75 ..." "wood" and clic ten time on a empty area close by, around 5-10 cell of the pallet, on the left of them.
B-14 - Unforbid the wood lying around
B-15 - Unpause the game and watch the pawn hauling the wood into the pallet. (75*10+300 = 1050 wood hauled)
--- bug can occur

C-11 - Stop the game. restart it
C-12 - Load the save "TEST"
C-13 - reproduce the step of the "A" test.
--- bug occur
D-13 - reproduce the step of the "B" test instead
--- bug occur

Bug happen even if :
-I change where I spawn the wood (left, right, bottom, top side of the pallet)
-Change the number of pallet
-Change the amount of wood spawn  (bug occur only when it start to be filled)
-Unforbid the wood on the ground or not

The probability that the bug happen is rather low with only one pallet, but do happen regularly. You can greatly increase the chance of it to happen by adding more pawn.