[A17] Skullywags Misc mods - Storage (UPDATED), Vents, coolers, Fabrics updated!

Started by skullywag, June 29, 2015, 06:29:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oragepoilu

I think he want to have the freezer act like a "Stockpile on top of a stool" trick/exploit, and thus having the raw food inside the freezer count as "can be used for crafting" when placed adjacent to the "pawn emplacement" of the stove without having the cook hauling the food from inside the freezer to the stove.

This way you haul thing into the freezer, your cook go in front of the stove and can cook without hauling anything.

IMO there so much thing that can go wrong by doing this that's it's not worth it beside in a few case.

Havan_IronOak

Quote from: skullywag on August 09, 2016, 04:10:07 AM

Stools? freezers? im sorry none of this makes any sense...

The Extended Storage mod has a Freezer for raw foods. I had one built right next to my stove so that they formed an L. That way both bins of the freezer were right next to the cook's position. He still got up after every meal to get the next 5 meat out of the Freezer.  Deleting the Freezer and just building two regular wooden stools in that spot, I then created a storage area for meat that covered the same two squares as the stools. Then when the cook made multiple meals it was much faster (no getting up - everything was considered "in reach") I used to do the same thing with just having a storage area next to the stove but the stools eliminate the getting up behavior. I'm guessing that there's a height parameter that affects that.

Check out the set-up at 14:41 in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNgseXjUbyo He explains it better than I can

skullywag

im not touching that....im also gonna show Tynan. thats a bug pure and simple. Theres no way having a stool like that should cause that to happen.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Exende

Sharp

Quote from: skullywag on August 09, 2016, 06:57:57 AM
im not touching that....im also gonna show Tynan. thats a bug pure and simple. Theres no way having a stool like that should cause that to happen.
Quote from: Exende on August 09, 2016, 08:09:26 AM
Could be a stockpile vs furniture stockpile priority
It looks similar to having items in equipment racks, if pawns are picking stuff up from the ground they go over the tile and get the item, if the item is on furniture though they grab it from an adjacent tile.

It may be a bug but it seems interesting so it's like a feature bug :D , I think I will use it now as well, the technique should work for all things like crafting as well.

Drusek

Additional Lightnings - wall lights can't really be build IN the walls in this mod... I have edited textures so now I can build them in the walls without those ugly cables sticking outside connecting to nothing. Attaching the files.

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

skullywag

confused if your building them physically ON the wall tile then the light will go both sides.

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: Drusek on August 09, 2016, 01:21:13 PM
Additional Lightnings - wall lights can't really be build IN the walls in this mod... I have edited textures so now I can build them in the walls without those ugly cables sticking outside connecting to nothing. Attaching the files.

Sorry if do realize this, but just in case... Are you attempting to build them in constructed walls or into the unmined rock walls? Rock walls you can not build anything into them. With constructed walls, you can.

Drusek

Quote from: skullywag on August 09, 2016, 03:07:33 PM
confused if your building them physically ON the wall tile then the light will go both sides.
I prefer that than cables sticking from the wall :)

Quote from: BlackSmokeDMax on August 09, 2016, 03:20:36 PM
Quote from: Drusek on August 09, 2016, 01:21:13 PM

Sorry if do realize this, but just in case... Are you attempting to build them in constructed walls or into the unmined rock walls? Rock walls you can not build anything into them. With constructed walls, you can.
On(in) constructed walls. By saying they can't be build in walls I meant then won't look correct when you do that.

CannibarRechter

Hi, Skully. The maxStorage setting in ExtendedStorage seems to be... only working rarely. It's odd, as it seems to work a little bit, but it doesn't work very well...
CR All Mods and Tools Download Link
CR Total Texture Overhaul : Gives RimWorld a Natural Feel
CR Moddable: make RimWorld more moddable.
CR CompFX: display dynamic effects over RimWorld objects

MoatBordered

Quote from: CannibarRechter on August 10, 2016, 09:32:37 PM
Hi, Skully. The maxStorage setting in ExtendedStorage seems to be... only working rarely. It's odd, as it seems to work a little bit, but it doesn't work very well...

I can actually answer that quite a bit. Been digging through big modders' codes to try and learn a thing or two.

Each expanded storage object seems to be made up of 1 "input" block and 1 "output" block (notice how they are all 2x1 buildings)-- pawns haul allowed items into the input block, then the storage object tries to stack the items into the output block, keeping the input block free. The maxStorage parameter only dictates how much can be stacked in the output block.

Since items can only stack with themselves, once a pawn brings a different item to the input, the storage item effectively gets locked as the input block gets taken up. So, I suggest restricting storage to accept only 1 type of item for now so the storage object doesn't get locked.. allowing you to reach the maxStorage value.

I'm trying to learn some C# modding though.. maybe I can edit this to work more intuitively once I get good enough. No word on when though, am currently total scrub. :^)

skullywag

Pushed an update to extended storage (1.10), ive tested this to hell and back and it does not break. If you get stack truncating message please let me know and send me logs.

And MoatBordered is totally correct this is exactly how it works and the only way multi stacking can work for now.

Oragepoilu

During a test with only CCl (steam version) and your updated mod, I have the same errors, with now brand new error spawn each tic for each storage.

This log show the error, by just creating a new game and godly place a tray rack before allowing to haul the 30 survival meal on the ground.

As you can see, 50 error when tray is empty, one error when the storage find something, and the usual truncating error after.

I first tested it on my actual save but it went to hell after only one second : One error per tic per storage, one truncating error per storage (main receiver slot ended with MaxStackValue*2, like 20 for meal and 150 for stone, while surplus is gone).

If you need something else feel free to ask. Meanwhile I'll use the older version.

skullywag

Oragepoilu

Tested new version. Truncating still happen, like before.

Having a new storage with material under, or having material haul to the storage. Both cause the problem.

edit : if anything, it seems to bug way less often overall though. Or maybe it's just randomness.