palandus

My Other Threads:

"Firearm Suggestions" http://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=1423
"Research Suggestions" http://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=1424
"Skills and Traits Suggestions" http://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=1425
"Furniture Suggestions" http://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=1419
"Equipment Suggestions" http://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=1426.0
------------------------

Since there is different classes in game that affect which skills have increases and sometimes which skills they can't do, it may be even better to differeniate a Noble and a Con Artist with class abilities and skill sets.

Assassin:
-> Has a 10% chance to incapicate a target in a single hit, whether that is in melee or with a sniper rifle (ie Enfield or M25). (Its incapicate because you will face enemy Assassins with M25s and will probably have your own people knocked out)

Brawler:
-> All melee hits have a 25% chance to deal double damage and Brawlers take 50% less melee damage.

Commissionar
-> Specialized in pistol-type weapons, he can fire them twice as fast as anyone else, has +6 increased range and +1 increased accuracy.

Con Artist:
-> Has a 25% chance of getting 50% better prices with traders (ie if you normally buy food at 8 credits, with this you'd buy at 4 credits). Works only once per trader, per Con Artist (additional Con Artists can attempt to sway them). This price change remains in effect until the trader leaves, but only for the Con Artist that conned them.

Courtesan (WIP):

Entrepreneur (WIP):

Marine:
-> All ranged weapons they use have +2 Accuracy. They take 25% less damage from bullets.

Miner:
-> Harvests 50% more metal from veins, takes 50% less damage from cave-ins and can carry +25 Metal (so their maximum metal carrying capacity is 100)

Noble:
-> Can inspire allies near them whenever they speak, which adds a +10 Morale Bonus. Can stack up to 3 times, but only once per Noble (aka you'd need at least 3 Nobles to grant the full +30 Bonus). Can also be used on prisoners to boost their loyalty threshhold faster.

Oaf:
-> When harvesting plants or grown vegetables they harvest +100% food (so if harvesting a potato gives +5 food, the oaf harvests it and it instead produces +10 food) and their maximum food carrying is increased by +25 (so a total of 100 Food)

Pirate:
-> The pirate is quicker than most colonists and moves 25% faster. He also likes swords a lot, and has a 25% chance to deal double damage with them.

Scientist:
-> The scientist can research two projects at the same time adding an equal amount of research to each project with no penalty for either (ie he researches at 100% speed for both projects)

Settler:
-> The settler is used to new colony conditions. They keep a positive outlook at all times, and keep the positive buff New Colony Optimism at all times. They are also much hardier and have +25 HP, and can go longer without food or sleep than any colonist.

DaveStrider

I like the idea of adding class-specific attributes, i feel they would make the colonists more unique, however
Quote from: palandus on December 13, 2013, 01:16:44 AM

Courtesan:
-> Has a +50% chance of successfully recruiting a prisoner that is the opposite sex to their own. (ie if it is a Female, she recruits Males much more likely) and a +10% chance of successfully recruiting a prisoner of the same sex.

Entrepreneur:
-> Any traders they communicate with have double normal stocks of any good. (ie if normally a Farm Trader has 250 food, it has 500 food for the Entrepreneur). The increased stocks are only available to Entrepreneurs (so that you can't combine the efforts of the Entrepreneur and Con Artist).
I don't like the courtesan's buff as it implies that everyone is a little bit gay while also being very straight, a more accurate solution would be to assign a random sexuality to every character (which could also lead to conflict within your colony, which would make for a nice story).
The entrepreneur's buff is simply unrealistic, why would a trader suddenly have twice the food in their cargo bay just because the guy they're selling to knows how to run a shop?

palandus

Well, as for the courtesan, I had in mind that as the courtesan is usually female, she'd understand females (as she is one) and be able to convince them better. As for the female on male conversion, you figure that out. I'll probably try and figure out something else instead for her though.

I do admit that the entrepreneur idea was a bit bad. Though I couldn't think of anything else for him at the time.

nnescio

Quote from: palandus on December 14, 2013, 08:21:21 PM
Well, as for the courtesan, I had in mind that as the courtesan is usually female, she'd understand females (as she is one) and be able to convince them better. As for the female on male conversion, you figure that out. I'll probably try and figure out something else instead for her though.

I do admit that the entrepreneur idea was a bit bad. Though I couldn't think of anything else for him at the time.

Let entrepreneurs affect commodities (metal/food/med kits/etc.) while con artists affect non-commodities (weapons/slaves). The con artist's bonus is chance based, while the entrepreneur is a flat bonus dependent on his social skill (for non-entrepreneurs, social skill grants better prices for non-commodities, as default, while entrepreneurs also get similar bonuses to commodities).

That said, your original suggestion can be somewhat rationalized. Traders are willing to part with all of their stock when dealing with a fellow entrepreneur, so you get more stuff. Doubling the stock does somewhat jar suspension of disbelief however. 

palandus

What about for Entrepreneurs, they get access to some stock others don't have access to? ie They get access to high-end military equipment from Combat Traders, and get access to stock normally unavailable (afterall traders generally keep a small stock of things that they may be saving for something special, so an Entrepreneur could use their business sense to get them to sell those things to them)

Galileus

I have suggested something similar here

palandus

I read through it Galileus and I'm unsure of what you mean by somewhat similiar. That posts appears to deal with new AI subroutines and different rates of fire, different accuracies and different additions to combat.

I do have to say though I do like the ideas a lot. Would go great with some of my fortifications ideas in my Furniture thread!