[1.3] Glass&Lights Last Update: [8/13/21]

Started by jacob814, August 06, 2015, 10:20:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jacob814

I would love to do that but I am currently very busy with school this semester. Thanks for the advice and when i get some free time I might just go and ask. Homework is hell atm.
My Mods:
Glass&Lights

Pinkstache

IDK if this has already been brought up (I read through the posts, but might have missed it), but some of your items aren't properly updated. Four of them still say WorkToMake instead of WorkToBuild. Obviously, this isn't game breaking, and it's a two-second fix that even a newbie like me can do (so people should be abe to easily update it themselves) but I thought I should bring it up to you.
It's:
GlassDecoration
GlassFurniture
GlassProduction
GlassStructure

jacob814

I fixed the workToMake to now be workToBuild. I was unable to find the workToMake in structure, though. Either way, it is "fixed". I wont be releasing a new version, just download the zip from GitHub if you want the update version.
My Mods:
Glass&Lights

Ruisuki

gonna build a beautiful chapel with these walls thanks jacob

Syrchalis

In your Workgivers please add the line
    <prioritizeSustains>true</prioritizeSustains>
This way if you assign a pawn to your workstations via prioritizing he stays there until aborted (or hunger/rest requirement becomes too great) similar to all other crafting stations in the game (stone cutting for example).

This annoyed me so much I searched your mod among 40 or so in my steam workshop folder (they only have numbers), figured out in which def this is and then compared your xml to the vanilla stone cutting one until I figured out why my colonists only ever make 1 glass and I have to babysit them like crazy (or lock them into the room).

Here one whole section:
  <WorkGiverDef>
    <defName>DoBillsMakeGlass</defName>
    <giverClass>WorkGiver_DoBill</giverClass>
    <workType>Crafting</workType>
    <priorityInType>100</priorityInType>
<fixedBillGiverDefs>
<li>GlassworkTable</li>
</fixedBillGiverDefs>
    <verb>produce glass from</verb>
    <gerund>producing glass at</gerund>
<requiredCapacities>
<li>Manipulation</li>
</requiredCapacities>
    <prioritizeSustains>true</prioritizeSustains>
  </WorkGiverDef>

P.S.: Should probably not add it for Molotovs. Though, vanilla has the line for machining table etc. too.
For mod support visit the steam pages of my mods, Github or if necessary, write me a PM on Discord. Usually you will find the best help in #troubleshooting in the RimWorld discord.

jacob814

Thankyou for bringing this to my attention. I will update soon. The download link will be updated very soon.
My Mods:
Glass&Lights

jacob814

Soon is here. I just update both steam and the github link with the prioritizeSustains. Thanks for letting me know about the issue.
My Mods:
Glass&Lights

Syrchalis

Thanks for including this line, it will make the lifes of people so much easier.

Some might prefer it the other way, but it isn't really about what people prefer, but what they expect. When I send someone stone cutting or tailoring I expect them to sit on that table until they die (or well, you know, get very hungry or sleepy).

Now it is in line with all the other crafting stations.
For mod support visit the steam pages of my mods, Github or if necessary, write me a PM on Discord. Usually you will find the best help in #troubleshooting in the RimWorld discord.

jacob814

I doubt too many would like it the other way as they are so use to the vanilla production tables. Little consistencies like that really help.
My Mods:
Glass&Lights

Dr_Zhivago

Does natural light not pass through windows in order to keep vanilla balance?

jacob814

No, that is a technical limitation to the game. I would add this if I had enough time and experience with C#.
My Mods:
Glass&Lights

Dr_Zhivago

Quote from: jacob814 on March 28, 2017, 07:06:56 PM
No, that is a technical limitation to the game. I would add this if I had enough time and experience with C#.

I don't know if this would be of any help, but dubwise56 has been able to create skylights that allow in natural light. Maybe you can look over the code for ideas or ask him for help?

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=29043.0

jacob814

I have been notified that other modders have been able to accomplish this. It isnt that I am unable to do this, I just dont have the time to do so atm.
My Mods:
Glass&Lights

Ruisuki

Where would I find the glass walls? its not under structure and i have researched all three glassworks.

kinda strange that glassworks tv either doesnt show up as craftable even though  i researched all glass but it does show up when i go on god mode. still no glass walls tho

jacob814

Make sure you are using the correct version for the game and the latest release for the game. If that isnt the issue, please give me some proof so I can narrow down on the issue.
My Mods:
Glass&Lights