Things that HAVE TO BE ADDED, or this game ain't complete...

Started by Headshotkill, August 12, 2015, 03:01:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Headshotkill

The goal of this thread is quiet simple, you can suggest features that HAVE TO BE ADDED, not features you would like to see but features that if not added you would not accept a 1.0 release.

For me, it are the following features:

A drinking system:

Really, since it was added I think brewing alcohol was the most random and empty feature added to this game and I don't bother with it. A system where colonists need to drink and drinking water from ponds without some decent filtering is dangerous. Instead, in the early game they can brew gathered plants and water into booze which is a lot safer to drink but has 'side effects'. Later on with new technology filtering could be used. (Has been like that in the middle ages)

Relations:

I'm not asking for romances and baby's, just friends and foe. I don't want to go too deep into this to leave some creativity for Tynan. ;)

Now go ahead yourself, stuff that's required, not desired although the line is often vague.

b0rsuk

Mr.Cross

Perhaps some sort of "Guard job" to give those assassins something useful to do.

Essentially draft them (or make it an actual job) give them a patrol route, and possibly assign work hours (similar to the one that's already in game).

They would then automatically seek cover and attack Hostiles, whether that be a manhunter pack, a rogue animal, or a broken colonists/prisoners.

Edit: I want it to be known first off, that Tynan has stated quite clearly in some earlier posts that he sees the game finished already, now he didn't say that he's going to stop posting updates anytime soon it's just that he feels he's accomplished his primary goal that he had set during his kickstarter.
Claims to know most things.

Play2Jens

Quote from: Mr.Cross on August 12, 2015, 04:02:21 PM
Perhaps some sort of "Guard job" to give those assassins something useful to do.

Essentially draft them (or make it an actual job) give them a patrol route, and possibly assign work hours (similar to the one that's already in game).

They would then automatically seek cover and attack Hostiles, whether that be a manhunter pack, a rogue animal, or a broken colonists/prisoners.

I see this suggestion often, but I don't really get the use of this. I mean, it seems like a cool feature though. But you get an alert anyway when enemies are attacking. You can see the exact position they are coming from and most raiding groups are bigger than the number of colonists a player has. So naturally most players draft all their fighters anyway and put them in advantage position, making a guard duty unnecessary.

It would be useful if there was some sort of Fog of War, which is a complete different subject.

What about sending pawns away on scouting missions to discover enemy movement, sabotaging them (so they would become less strong or have less moral) or discovering stuff?   

confusedwings

And what about a bit of both...?

Guarding spots... spot that you can set up... if attack is comming you can click on a button and all colonist go to there own spot (or closest spot).
that way you can set up some good shooting spots and have colonists on the spot in a single click... no more searching for that one spot...

Mr.Cross

Quote from: Play2Jens on August 12, 2015, 06:40:31 PM-Snippets of his thoughts-

I want it to be known first off, that Tynan has quite clearly in some earlier posts that he sees the game finished already, now he didn't say that he's going to stop posting updates anytime soon it's just that he feels he's accomplished his primary goal that he had set during his kickstarter.

Now as for my Suggestion as to what i'd like to see later on, is that I find it a slight hassle to draft all the colonists, and move the ones that can't fight away. Besides I find it rather annoying when I get an Assassin who can't make art rather well, and constantly have that "1 conlonist idle." so I guess i'm suggesting a fix for the assassins?

Thane

I want that story about The Wheel to be added to the game.

In other words Mad max style raiders.

It gets a little dull having them all walk up, or drop out of the sky.
It is regular practice to install peg legs and dentures on anyone you don't like around here. Think about that.

Mr.Cross

Quote from: Thane on August 12, 2015, 06:56:33 PM-Snippets from Thane-

I highly doubt he will put something like that into the game, as the only limited resources are ores not oil and such.

Tynan

What's funny is that as this thread grows, it will show more and more clearly the absurdity of its own basic premise.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

PhenomTaker

RimWorld shouldn't be complete. It's an ongoing process. At least for quite a while, I hope. ;)

Mr.Cross

He's stated that while he considers it done, he will continue to add things until he gets bored of it. If I'm remembering correctly. Check out his blog if you want the full details.

JimmyAgnt007

We need a TV station setup where colonists can broadcast their own shows to the Rimworld.  what do you think people use the TV for.  (jks)

Elixiar

I think if we can make our colonists fly space craft and engage in orbital battles while also discovering colonists on new rimworlds that would be really awesome. And also we should be able to develop 5th dimension future humans that carry on after we have all died.

If the pawns could have realistic human AI that are smarter than Tynan himself that would be cool too.
"We didn't crash here by accident... something brought us down". - Anon Rimworld Colonist

Mr.Cross

isistoy

A software like Rimworld is never really complete until its creator says it is... And even then, people would possibly mod, fork or renew it for newer platforms, in maybe 10 Lolllylolll years from now (wait... no! LoL is dead! Brought to you by Facebook).
<Stay on the scene like a State machine>