[A13] [GUI] Enhanced Tabs || NEW WORK TAB BETA!

Started by Fluffy (l2032), September 07, 2015, 07:15:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would you prefer animals and work tabs to be split into two mods?

Yes, and I'm fine if that means I have to install a third common dependency mod.
65 (27.1%)
Yes, but I don't want to have to deal with a third dependency mod
50 (20.8%)
No, it's fine as it is
125 (52.1%)

Total Members Voted: 240

Fluffy (l2032)

Quote from: zandadoum on September 14, 2015, 05:52:17 AM
so, the progress bar can't be done... but maybe you can make it so when you move the cursor over a progressing training icon, the tooltip could display "5/8" in text?
The progress bar itself isn't the problem, it's getting the current training level for a pawn. For some reason Tynan has marked this information 'internal' which literally means only the core RimWorld code has access to it, not 'external' mods (technically Assemblies). The original plan was to do a small progress bar on the side or bottom as an indicator, and give full info on hover - just like you said. Sadly, I don't see how it can be done.

Quote from: zandadoum on September 14, 2015, 05:52:17 AM
i have another request for you:
can you make it so the filter window stays always at the same position and has a option to "stick" it, so it always opens when opening the animal panel?
I'll look into it. Making it sticky shouldn't be a big deal, as for opening in the same location, I'll give it a whirl :P.

zandadoum

i think i found a bug, possibly both with the game and this mod

when using the mass train option (shift click on column) everything looks fine

but after a while i started to have chickens trained in obedience and with a trainer assigned. chickens shouldnt be able to train anything afaik
i went into the chicken detail and it had the green ok symbol next to obedience, but it was sort of greyed out.

so i don't think this should happen

i think the game bug is that it allows addons to override training even if that specific animal shouldnt be trainable
and the bug with the mod is that it actually does it, even tho it doesn't show on the animal tab list

Fluffy (l2032)

Quote from: zandadoum on September 14, 2015, 12:17:55 PM
i think i found a bug, possibly both with the game and this mod

when using the mass train option (shift click on column) everything looks fine

but after a while i started to have chickens trained in obedience and with a trainer assigned. chickens shouldnt be able to train anything afaik
i went into the chicken detail and it had the green ok symbol next to obedience, but it was sort of greyed out.

so i don't think this should happen

i think the game bug is that it allows addons to override training even if that specific animal shouldnt be trainable
and the bug with the mod is that it actually does it, even tho it doesn't show on the animal tab list
I'll look into this, I thought I checked everything properly. Thanks for reporting it!

update; fixed. There's a new minor release on github. (I was checking if training was visible, not if it was possible. doh.)
update2; made a small mistake in the first fix, it's actually fixed this time. Another new minor release on github. (Latest button on front page should always work.

zandadoum

you're the man! will test later tonight, will have to kill those chickens that are bugged tho xD

falcongrey

I'm surprised Tynan didn't come out of vacation to comment on this one. It looks AMAZING!  Sadly it's not EdB compatible...  Will wait and hope for a 'compatibility' fix mod for EdB. :) Still... amazing!

The best of the two combined would be.... well not sure what is above amazing but it would be that!  ;D
It matters not if we win or fail. It's that we stood and faced it.

MisterVertigo

Sorry for the dumb question, but which file do I download? I click the link in the original post, and it takes me to a page called "Trainable Teddies!" and there are two links to source code. Please help! Thanks!
"In vertigo you will be..."

"Relax, people. It's a teeny indie game; don't kill it with love." - Bozobub

Fluffy (l2032)

Sorry, should've mentioned this. The source zip is the mod. You can download either (they're just different methods of zipping), but you should probably get the .zip one, assuming you're on windows.

Fluffy (l2032)

Very glad to hear people are liking it! Thanks for the feedback everyone :D

Quote from: falcongrey on September 14, 2015, 05:59:25 PM
I'm surprised Tynan didn't come out of vacation to comment on this one. It looks AMAZING!  Sadly it's not EdB compatible...  Will wait and hope for a 'compatibility' fix mod for EdB. :) Still... amazing!

The best of the two combined would be.... well not sure what is above amazing but it would be that!  ;D
You know they're not incompatible as such, neither mod should give any errors when both are loaded. It's just that we both replace the work panel, so whichever mod gets loaded last gets the final override on that, and that's the version that's shown in game.

You can load both mods, use my animals panel, EdB's or my own work panel, EdB's squads and pawnbar (and everything else - that mod is huge :P) and it'll work perfectly fine.

That being said, I do plan on adding a squad filter to my work panel, if EdB is loaded and squads are enabled/set up, so you can have that functionality in my work view. The other goodies EdB provides for the work panel would be harder to integrate, and if you want them - you should probably just use EdB ;).

rsof69

Quote from: Fluffy (l2032) on September 15, 2015, 02:21:21 AM
Very glad to hear people are liking it! Thanks for the feedback everyone :D

Quote from: falcongrey on September 14, 2015, 05:59:25 PM

You know they're not incompatible as such, neither mod should give any errors when both are loaded. It's just that we both replace the work panel, so whichever mod gets loaded last gets the final override on that, and that's the version that's shown in game.

You can load both mods, use my animals panel, EdB's or my own work panel, EdB's squads and pawnbar (and everything else - that mod is huge :P) and it'll work perfectly fine.

That being said, I do plan on adding a squad filter to my work panel, if EdB is loaded and squads are enabled/set up, so you can have that functionality in my work view. The other goodies EdB provides for the work panel would be harder to integrate, and if you want them - you should probably just use EdB ;).

we want both of it we are greedy

Fluffy (l2032)

We now have a training progress indicator, translation support, and a Korean translation. All credits go to Latta, as well as a huge thanks!

Download the latest version from the front page.

Fluffy (l2032)

Added sticky filter dialog option, when enabled the filter window will always open with the animals tab, and remember it's location.

zandadoum

maybe  i downloaded the wrong version, but i can't seem to see the progress bar... where/how are they suposed to show up?

Fluffy (l2032)

I (well really GitHub) have this nasty habid of renaming the folder the mod comes in everytime I make a new release. Make sure there's only one (the most recent) RW_EnhancedTabsxxx folder in your mods list folder.

If that's working, they should show in the animals tab as a small vertical green bar next to the checkmark, when a training is in progress and one or more steps have been completed. Also, the tooltips should work.

zandadoum

downloaded again and working.

and you did the ticky option.

brilliant!!!

more people need to use this MOD :D maybe if you put "animal tab" into the title, you'll get more visits :)