RimWorld cartoon- under the rim

Started by Dag, September 12, 2015, 01:06:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MindFruitNinja

Quote from: Dag on October 13, 2015, 02:12:09 AM
Quote from: MindFruitNinja on September 19, 2015, 10:38:29 PM
With the Deus Ex background at the barkeeper, you already bought my attention and recognition, man!
Glad you recognized it!!

Of course I do! NYC, Hell's Kitchen, Underworld Bar. Not Tynan is the only Deus Ex lover here! :P
A mind in which hyperactivity and creativity fuses. Sucks at drawing, writes a lot instead. A lot.

Fanfiction.net profile | On Reddit

Fosyd

Hey dude. I just watched every episode of Under the Rim, they are truly amazing. I just suscribed to be sure to see the next one when it will come up. Keep up the goodwork! It was a pleasure to watch :)
Squirrels, why did it have to be squirrels?

Nanvi

Oh dear god I've ended part 3 now and I can tell it's amazing! I really love Sephara! She can order food really well!  ;D
Keep up the good work it's really creative and nice!

catter

Ok, so I have watched all the cuts, parts, and have a craving for more. What I have to say about this is that it is amazing! ;D 8)        The amazing parts of it are first the animation, it looks like a mish-mash of cell animation and yet it looked like the animation was made on some animation website (like https://scratch.mit.edu ). Another amazing part is this was all created from generated characters with backgrounds, events that happened in the game that you incorporated into the storyline, and to fill in the rest you used your imagination to add more character, story, and depth to the whole thing. This is also good because the storyline is capturing and almost feels like you can join them. All in all, I give you a round of aplose for a good story you created with Rimworld.

ModernGib

Holy shit.
This is some quality stuff man, keep it up.
iamthekidyouknowwhatimean?

Dag

Quote from: catter on January 16, 2016, 05:35:06 AM
Ok, so I have watched all the cuts, parts, and have a craving for more. What I have to say about this is that it is amazing! ;D 8) 
Geez thanks! that you enjoy it... well, you never know if someone will, no matter how much you enjoy *making* something.
And you are completely right, it does follow the original LP in a sort of way. The graphics are done in ancient Flash MX, so yes, it is functionally like clip art. 
The beauty of using simple figures is that I can make episodes as they occur to me, potentially quickly, adding and improvising. Drawing with a mouse sort of limits my ambition anyway.
I was hoping to reply with something neato like a gif or wallpaper, but I still haven't got anything like that done. so here's a pic from ep 26, a couple weeks away.

Quote from: ModernGib on January 27, 2016, 10:04:04 PM
Holy shit.
This is some quality stuff man, keep it up.
Thanks! working on it!

Mr. Ego

This trĂ¡iler (of the animation) left me broken...
Later i was thought with hoping
Release day my wallet was open
Tomorrow waiting for host
(Avicci rules, read it with the music of Waiting for Love )

asanbr

I have seen 10 or so episodes and I love it. If you set up a way to donate money, I'd send some to keep this going (or even if you stop right now, just for the amazing content and how much I enjoyed it).

By the way, where are the voices from?

edit: In ep 12 or 13, the guys come with a bionic eye for Saphora. But then she never uses it. Why?

edit: in part 21, the jeweller's district sends fighters to help against the attack from Croi Senra tribe. Was A11 like this? I have only played A12 but the tribes and the modern towns are never hostile toward each other so it wouldn't happen. They only come to help against pirates or mechs.

PotatoeTater

Why haven't I found this sooner, I just woke up my girlfriend laughing so hard.
Life is Strange

anonymous456

Oh man, that is really well done. The documentary style fits very well, and I think the computer voices are actually quite satisfactory, too. Keep it up!

Oh, and how exactly did you do the voices?

Chicken Breast

Dude, two things.

One. Great shit. I can see you put a lot of work into animating this stuff. It isn't too fancy but the way you're telling the story is cool. With your animation skills on a team, I bet you could make something awesome.

Two, check out HitRecord. It's a collaborative community that could use more people skilled in animation. You could learn a lot there and maybe animate something and get paid for it. It's worth at least a look, if you ask me.

Also, I can help you voice this if you like. I don't know if you'll like my voice for what you're looking for, but I have the equipment to record stuff.

Sig by Me!

Dag

Quote from: IgorKeefe on March 31, 2016, 12:25:07 AM
Oh, and how exactly did you do the voices?
They're TTS voices, some of which are free, some cost money.  They come out as mp3 or wav; then I edit the audio gaps, levels, etc. in Audacity, which is free. The audio-video is assembled in sony vegas 12, which is cheap and stable.
Other ppl use the voices of course, and some of the voices are on many sites. Recently I got an aggressive pop-up with Lumpy's voice on it-- almost lol'd.

Quote from: Saint on April 01, 2016, 09:09:00 PM
Dude, two things...
I'll keep an eye on the site, and I'll keep you in mind-- that's a very generous offer :D
No idea what project I'll be doing after this series, but I doubt I'll be doing it with TTS again.

Vaporisor

Ha ha, just started digging into more of the stories stuff and watched this when it got bumped up!

Good stuff.  Also funny as I am an avid Blitz watcher and commenter though I use a different user name on youtube.
Stories by Vaporisor

Escaped convicts!
concluded
Altair XIII
Frozen Wastes

Jakub k.

when do these come out? Sundays? Mondays? i can't wait :P

Dspendragon

Man, I am in love with this, it's great.  :D
This is Rimworld people, Where cannibals ware pink helmets and nudest decide to go outside when its -59F, And where shit happens. Its anything but fare or balanced, Lady Luck rolls a 1000-sided dice and 80% of that dice says"Death"on it. Your job is keeping your people alive in bad rolls. Good Luck.