One pawn play through.

Started by TMAN80SS, September 12, 2015, 11:05:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TMAN80SS

Guys, what would be the best stats and traits for a single pawn to live by themselves?

Would Crafting and construction be the best thing to have? Like, shooting, crafting, construction?

has anyone else attempted this and how did it go for you?

A Friend

I tried it once,

Landed on a Tundra
Pawn was focused on growing and construction. Some time later, recruited a drop pod refugee. Held out for about 2-3 raids. Then a drone ship crashed and made my 2 colonists and 2 prisoners kill each other. The remaining survivor broke and wandered into the path of the AI ship, and was met with gunfire from 2 Scythers.

It was nice.
"For you, the day Randy graced your colony with a game-ending raid was the most memorable part of your game. But for Cassandra, it was Tuesday"

Squiggly lines you call drawings aka "My Deviantart page"

TMAN80SS

Tagasaki

how about shooting, cooking and construction? i think i see these 3 as the most important for early base building.

TMAN80SS

but im also playing a modpack. So everything needs to be researched and more items need crafting

zandadoum

Quote from: A Friend on September 12, 2015, 11:17:20 PM
I tried it once,

Landed on a Tundra
Pawn was focused on growing and construction. Some time later, recruited a drop pod refugee. Held out for about 2-3 raids. Then a drone ship crashed and made my 2 colonists and 2 prisoners kill each other. The remaining survivor broke and wandered into the path of the AI ship, and was met with gunfire from 2 Scythers.

It was nice.
this is how you can deal with ships easily (too easily)

https://imgur.com/7EHgzI6

explanation:
- outer wall from a material that doesn't burn (granite in this case)
- inner wall and some extra blibs and blobs in a flammable material (wood)
- turret to activate the ship without having to send a colonist into danger (NOTE: nowadays i shoot with a colonist and then run out quick)
- Incendiary IED to start the flaming hell
- Solar panel to run the turret (NOTE: i don't use this anymore)
- outter wall is home region, just in case
- some materials recyclable after finishing, but mechanoid corpses will probably have burned away before you arrive to haul them away
- also: either wait for fire to go out or remove roof before you send colonists in to salvage

A Friend

Quote from: zandadoum on September 13, 2015, 03:24:26 AM
Easy peasy

I'm too pure for such tactics. But eh, wouldn't work out at the time, It was around A9 or A10 I think. Somewhere before traps, and I had no molotovs to start fire with + no wood cause of tundra.

And aside from the ship, my colonists would have died from starvation and hypothermia anyways. Visitors and raiders didn't spawn with parkas back then if I remember correctly.
"For you, the day Randy graced your colony with a game-ending raid was the most memorable part of your game. But for Cassandra, it was Tuesday"

Squiggly lines you call drawings aka "My Deviantart page"

Mikhail Reign

Sleeping spots use to burn, and they are free.

CB elite

One man playthroughs are lots of fun, if you can avoid getting diseases :)

zandadoum

nowadays i always start with the same 2 colonists, 2 huskies and 2 chicken xD

Simon_The_Space_Engineer

Now I'm interested in trying that kind of play through... Never done it though so what would qualify as a successful play through?
In the end, we all make the same leather hats.

Jamini

One-pawn challenges are fun up until you get an infection or another disease. Then they die.

zandadoum

Quote from: Stone_enderman on September 15, 2015, 09:50:27 AM
Now I'm interested in trying that kind of play through... Never done it though so what would qualify as a successful play through?
to make the ship and escape, i guess?

Too-DAMN-Much

Quote from: Jamini on September 15, 2015, 10:00:20 AM
One-pawn challenges are fun up until you get an infection or another disease. Then they die.

even if you have medical beds and catch it as soon as it pops into treatable territory? like with two vitals monitor attached still a death sentence for sure or possible to survive?

JimmyAgnt007

a single pawn cant treat himself no matter how good his gear or meds are.  Id love to play with a single pawn if he could.  we need an auto doc and a timer on the stasis pods.