[1.0][MODLIST] Fluffy's Mods - New mini-mod: Power Cleaner [BETA]

Started by Fluffy (l2032), September 14, 2015, 06:16:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RagingLoony

Played for roughly 6 hours last night and didn't run into any problems on that save that was a few years in, everything worked like a charm, fantastic work Fluffy :D

Jdalt40

Hey Fluffy, have you ever thought of a option for fluffy's relations to turn it into a flow chart? I just think it would look awesome seeing how messed up your colony is in a flow chart :D

Fluffy (l2032)

Assuming what you mean is more or less this, then yes!

In fact I largely did the force directed graph we have now as a step towards a directed othogonal graph (or hierarchical flowchart) that I want to use for the research tree, because believe it or not - a flowchart is much, much harder. If/when I figure out the research tree layout, it should be fairly straightforward to also use that system for relations.

Atomisk

Wanted to report small 'incompatibility' issue with your relations menu and the hospitality mod. While visitors are in your colony, you can't see colonist relations. You can still see faction relations. Not game breaking, but I figured I'd let you know. On a side note, I have installed relations and breakdowns on a 2-year running save and i am happy to report nothing is broken. There is one problem with breakdowns that I noticed, but it doesn't really matter as repair is fast. When you reload the save, everything resets to 100% maintenance.

I know the relations/hospitality incompatibility must be it, because i have no other mods that effect visitors, and i can only not see colonist relations when i have visitors. Don't know if you can fix that or not, but as soon as they leave the map i can see my people again. Also, I love these two mods.

P.S. love the description of the breakdown mod.
(Replaces breakdowns with an actual game mechanic) shots fired!!

Thorbane

Any idea why Area Unlocker would interact badly with Scheduled Trade Caravans?  As near as I can figure trying to use both at once causes the map generator to give up and die.

Nevermind, load Trade Caravans first.  It doesn't like it otherwise.

Ralekin

First post on the forums, so let's see what I screw up.

just tried your breakdowns mod, saw a few posts saying it was save compatible and gave it a try. as soon as i load in, i go to repair something that had already been broken down from a previous session. no ability to right click it. Which is odd because the person is in the middle of the 'standing' task, and unresponsive. and then once someone else finishes their task, they get stuck 'standing' and unresponsive. and soon, every one of my colonists is 'standing'.

Any idea what that might be? only change between game loads was the breakdown mod

Fluffy (l2032)

@Thorbane;
That seems a really random error, and I suspect what's really happening is that Scheduled Trade Caravans is throwing one or more errors, breaking CCL injections, and then Area Unlocker doesn't load correctly. I can't see any reason why these two would conflict otherwise - area unlocker is the simplest of simple mods...

@Ralekin;
Are you sure you have CCL loaded as well? And adding CCL to a game probably does require a new savegame, sorry. Also, ALWAYS reload the game after opening the mod menu - even if you don't change anything (unless you have the latest CCL, in which case CCL will tell you to reload).
If you did have CCL loaded and you restarted the game after addings mods, please attach your output_log.txt file so I can have a look at what's erroring.

hwfanatic

Wow! Thanks for all your efforts. How does the maintenance thing work? Does it add a new job or something along the lines? Who performs the maintenance and how often?

Fluffy (l2032)

It adds a maintenance job to the repair worktype, so any pawns marked with repair should do it. If I recall correctly (currently no quick access to the code), components are currently set to have a 'lifespan' of one in game year. That means that over the course of a year, a building that can break down will slowly degrade to zero. Once it hits 90%, pawns should start repairing it. When it hits 50%, it starts smoking and has a chance of breaking down inversely proportional to the maintenance level - at 50% it'll have a small chance (roughly double that of vanilla, iirc) of breaking down, at 1% (minimum) the chance of a breakdown is almost 100%.

Vassteel

Hey fluffy im getting an error from your breakdown mod. It happens after the map has been running for a while and prevents the map from loading.

I took a screenshot of the error thats shown in the log

https://goo.gl/photos/ZRFCSw2sg4w5rBWn6

Fluffy (l2032)

Peppsen

I love your work and your videos, keep 'em coming!

One thing that seems to happen quite often is when I add a new job to one colonist, e.g. I give Vas construction with priority 4 When I then try to prioritize building a bed, for instance, it says Vas isn't a constructor
I checked with another colonist with the same priority in consturction and I could prioritize building the bed with him..?
Then with a third colonist and it said he wasn't a constructor even though all the colonists had priority 4 in construction.

I'm really confused and not sure if this is a bug in the game or if it's your Enhanced Tabs mod.. or maybe I did something wrong.. There shouldn't be a construction skill requirement when building a double bed, right?

Fluffy (l2032)

@Peppsen, glad to hear you're enjoying my mods :).

As for the right click prioritization, are you sure you have the latest version of the mod? There used to be a bug with this, but I thought I had that covered ;).

Also, if you're using the timed mode, make sure Vas has the construction job active for the current hour.

Peppsen

Quote from: Fluffy (l2032) on May 27, 2016, 05:14:27 AM
As for the right click prioritization, are you sure you have the latest version of the mod? There used to be a bug with this, but I thought I had that covered ;).
Thanks, I didn't have the latest version! It works fine now, brilliant.

Fitz

Hi Fluffy, first off love your work, relations is almost a work of art! Similar to vasteel I am having loading problems since adding breakdown to my mod list, hopefully I have attached everything you need. I assume it's a mod conflict, hopefully it's something I can fix easily because I really want to use breakdown, it is a brilliant idea (again).

Can't upload my save, it is too big even compressed, how does everyone else do it? Sorry for the hassle

EDIT > sorted out dropbox here is the link for my savegame: https://www.dropbox.com/s/1ts6250sle8cjt4/Defiance.rws?dl=0
EDIT 2 > mods config link if that helps as well: https://www.dropbox.com/s/8fs6xwv4xx5nigg/ModsConfig.xml?dl=0

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]