Where's Ultimate Overhaul Modpack?

Started by LegendZero88, September 30, 2015, 03:52:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fluffy (l2032)

Quote from: Asero on October 02, 2015, 06:08:00 AM
Remember, a license only ever gives the recipient of the creative work additional rights, it never takes away rights. Every single 'license' that makes a demand of players is against the EULA -- unless I missed something / or it gets amended.
The way I understand it, you're partially right in that the license only gives rights. However, the default state of any original content is full copyright, so a license stipulates conditions under which you're allowed to 'breach' copyright. If the license doesn't apply, copyright does, and distribution of copyrighted material is illegal in pretty much every jurisdiction I know of.

Content creators do not have to claim copyright or do anything special, they automatically have it as part of their creation. In fact, it's quite difficult to truly disavow all rights and put content in the public domain.

BTW, you mention the EULA, which is the end user license agreement. Do you mean the RimWorld one? If so, where is it? Beyond the notes in the readme, I've been unable to locate a full rimworld EULA.

lied_ohne_worte

Quote from: Fluffy (l2032) on October 02, 2015, 09:14:29 AM
BTW, you mention the EULA, which is the end user license agreement. Do you mean the RimWorld one? If so, where is it? Beyond the notes in the readme, I've been unable to locate a full rimworld EULA.

It's not a full EULA (it actually emphasises that), but you can find a "license clarification" in the readme.txt in the main game folder.

isistoy

Naa, it's just bs, at this point: what is modding code ppty licensed to?
Does it properly fence anyone against anything? Falsely, yes, if you truly believe it does, then that's your problem...

Still, individuals willing to mod pack are numerous (I do, sometimes), but where would "dedicated job mind state", "knowledge doing mods" and "release for community experience" abilities be constrained?

That's why I don't f..g understand why mod packing, as it currently is here, should still be allowed now....

IMHO, Any official mod packer should possibly be part of some moderators-like forum role:

Directed towards community, sure! But...

Able to tackle new content creation.
Basically be respected/well-positioned for asking/contributing/creating/not requesting!/not just sucking others mods ideas, progress and so on.
To the possible extent your might now be foreseeing with me: no "realized by" named on anything but all original sources and occasional packing contributions efforts quoted.

I'd bet that would change scaling of things quite a bit, but well...
<Stay on the scene like a State machine>

DreXav

Quote from: Ninefinger on October 01, 2015, 09:19:34 PM
To put it lightly any modder that does not wish to have their content included in the pack and wants to whine and snivel like a baby will be regarded as such and as someone who does not have the goodwill to allow the community to enjoy their content the way everyone wants it to be enjoyed.

You will be forced into submission of goodwill and you will consider yourselves to be privileged to have your content included in such a masterpiece!

The only response to this that you are allowed is Sir, Yes Sir!

Do I make myself clear?

It is a rhetorical question to which the only answer is Yes Sir!

I do not care for negative responses and they will be ignored as your opinion does not matter to me if you do not share my vision.

The public will have what they want I promise you that.
User was warned for this post: Rules 1 and 2.
Perhaps this is where you reveal your true colors and arrogance. Perhaps if you had a humbler heart, the modders would not get offended and there would be no need for this drama?

Praetorian

Pardon the intrusion, I've been enjoying RimWorld for several years now, think Tynan is kinda hot, discovered this rather enjoyable mod-pack about a month ago but its only this thread with the bitchiness, the back-biting and the whining that has convinced me to register!

I've a bit of experience with the drama that internet communities tend to attract, frankly if I might make a suggestion to all parties involved, it would be maybe to leave this issue for a few days, wait for everyone to calm down and then come back and look at things logically. From my brief experience with Rimworld modding this collaborative effort seems like one of the best ways of bringing quite a diverse set of talent to the game, it would be a shame if it was all lost in a few hours madness. So really if I could encourage everyone to do a single thing, it would be just to step back for a little while and let tempers ease off.

Hell of a first post btw...

ButteryButters

Quote from: Praetorian on October 02, 2015, 06:33:04 PM
Pardon the intrusion, I've been enjoying RimWorld for several years now, think Tynan is kinda hot, discovered this rather enjoyable mod-pack about a month ago but its only this thread with the bitchiness, the back-biting and the whining that has convinced me to register!

I've a bit of experience with the drama that internet communities tend to attract, frankly if I might make a suggestion to all parties involved, it would be maybe to leave this issue for a few days, wait for everyone to calm down and then come back and look at things logically. From my brief experience with Rimworld modding this collaborative effort seems like one of the best ways of bringing quite a diverse set of talent to the game, it would be a shame if it was all lost in a few hours madness. So really if I could encourage everyone to do a single thing, it would be just to step back for a little while and let tempers ease off.

Why does this forum not have a +/- system for grading posts? Because this post would immediately get a + from me personally. It can be said of pretty much every arguement in history short of love and war: Time leads to cooler heads and cooler heads lead to more reasoned discourse which leads to solutions as opposed to constant bickering (and admittedly highly entertaining reading)
Ewe revenge leads to dead colony, first ever Rimfail

TheGentlmen

Quote from: Praetorian on October 02, 2015, 06:33:04 PM

I just hope that he fixes the insues and returns to his modpacking...

TheGentPack is hard...  :)

EDIT: HARD TO MAKE, currently its easier than vanilla rimworld...

Ramsis

Ninefingers has been banned.

"Breaking rules 1 and 2, personal attack of Ludeon Sub-Staff, harassment of others, threatening to monetize content made by others."

His ban reason is posted above; this is one of the few reasons I'll ever make a perm-ban known. His attitude was atrocious, his actions problematic, and the list goes on. I wanted to be peaceful with him, I did, but he showed no remorse and I'm not having it.

Thread locked due to shenanigans.
Ugh... I have SO MANY MESSES TO CLEAN UP. Oh also I slap people around who work on mods <3

"Back off man, I'm a scientist."
- Egon Stetmann

Awoo~