[A12d] Colony Manager

Started by Fluffy (l2032), October 04, 2015, 09:20:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fluffy (l2032)

yeah, it would do that if it thinks the current is 0 ;). Does this happen only with meals? I'ld check myself, but I'm not currently near a copy of the game, or my code.

NihilRex

Quote from: Fluffy (l2032) on October 05, 2015, 03:03:42 AM
yeah, it would do that if it thinks the current is 0 ;). Does this happen only with meals? I'ld check myself, but I'm not currently near a copy of the game, or my code.

It does it with the meat for butchering as well, but pants\shirts\parkas\stoneblocks all seem fine.

Note, this is not the first colony that it has done it in, I'm on # 3 or 4.

Fluffy (l2032)

allright, I'll take a good close look at my counting code tonight, thanks for reporting!

FridayBiology

Yes another god damn youtuber.
 https://www.youtube.com/user/FridayBiology

Fluffy (l2032)

The resource count is fixed (really stupid mistake, did the count in a debug section of code, so as long as I was in debug mode (where I test) it works, but in release mode, it didn't.

Added a 'max skill' toggle to the minimum skill slider, if set it will auto-update to the skill of the colonist with the highest skill. NOTE: this is regardless of wether or not that pawn has the worktype enabled or is otherwise unable to do the job. If the max skill pawn can't do the job for any reason, and all other pawns are lower level, the job will never get done.

stranger080

YES! This is the thing I REALLY wanted, thank you for making this, I'll have to try this ASAP

Fearle55

Hi,
Long time lurker here :)

I really like the idea of this mod, this is something I really dreamed of for Rimworld, so keep up good work :)

I'm here to point out some bugs I encountered, so hopefully this mod will become even better :)

Bug #1 - After i load game my manager sets up all bills again - making duplicates of already set bills he made before. My solution is to erase all bills from all worktables and allow manager to remake those bills. Seems to only occur when I completly exit to Desktop, and start game later, but I'm not 100% sure.

Bug #2 - When I had 2 colonists tasked with managing, each of those colonists made copy of bills. Again resulting in duplicates. I think managers are not aware of any bills set up by other managers, so they make their own bills anyway.

Bug #3 - Perhaps not really a bug, but it appears there is no good support yet for bills "Do until you have X", instead bills that are set up are "Do X times", meaning that before my manager come to remove bills I may end up with heavy over production of material. Especially when manager got involved in some long term jobs.

There is also one feature, which I'm not sure if is even possible. But I'd love to see option to tell manager to make some product - let's say "Glass". Would it be possible for manager to set up bills with all pre-requisites (with proper amount) to give me my end product in specified amount and then clean bills after himself? I hope i don't ask for too much :D:D:D

Great work, keep it up :D
Cheers.

=======================
My set up is:
Rimworld Alpha 12d +
Hardcore SK modpack 2.2d with Built-in Zombie Apocalypse 1.3 (included in SK Hardcore modpack) +
Colony Manager A12d.1a (latest version) at the end of load order.

NihilRex

Quote from: Fearle55 on October 07, 2015, 05:05:12 PM
Hi,

I really like the idea of this mod, this is something I really dreamed of for Rimworld, so keep up good work :)

I'm here to point out some bugs I encountered, so hopefully this mod will become even better :)

Bug #1 - After i load game my manager sets up all bills again - making duplicates of already set bills he made before. My solution is to erase all bills from all worktables and allow manager to remake those bills. Seems to only occur when I completly exit to Desktop, and start game later, but I'm not 100% sure.

Bug #2 - When I had 2 colonists tasked with managing, each of those colonists made copy of bills. Again resulting in duplicates. I think managers are not aware of any bills set up by other managers, so they make their own bills anyway.

Bug #3 - Perhaps not really a bug, but it appears there is no good support yet for bills "Do until you have X", instead bills that are set up are "Do X times", meaning that before my manager come to remove bills I may end up with heavy over production of material. Especially when manager got involved in some long term jobs.

There is also one feature, which I'm not sure if is even possible. But I'd love to see option to tell manager to make some product - let's say "Glass". Would it be possible for manager to set up bills with all pre-requisites (with proper amount) to give me my end product in specified amount and then clean bills after himself? I hope i don't ask for too much :D:D:D

Cheers.

=======================
My set up is:
Rimworld Alpha 12d +
Hardcore SK modpack 2.2d with Built-in Zombie Apocalypse 1.3 (included in SK Hardcore modpack) +

I've seen #2, but wasnt sure if it was just me screwing with things again.

#3 - You can do it, and they just add the necessary jobs as a Do X times.

thefinn

Would love to see a screen where you can see ALL the current jobs, and their queue order as far as the colonists are concerned.

Sometimes it can be really hard to get a particular colonist to not be doing one type of crafting over another - for instance. Would be good to know how to fix that particular issue - probably the worst issue in the game.

Fluffy (l2032)

Quote from: Fearle55 on October 07, 2015, 05:05:12 PM
Hi,
Welcome!

Thanks, glad you like it!

I've had some issues with saving/loading which bills are managed, to avoi this problem. I thought it was fixed, but apparently not. I'ld appreciate it if you could send me a savegame (pm) so I can further investigate. Also mention wether or not you made any changes/ custom options to the modpack.

Hmm, thats kind of weird, they should both be working off of the same joblist. I'll look into it.

The manager should only ever hand out bills with a repeatCount high enough to actually meet your target. I will look into making it check counts more regularly to avoid this issue.

There is also one feature, which I'm not sure if is even possible. But I'd love to see option to tell manager to make some product - let's say "Glass". Would it be possible for manager to set up bills with all pre-requisites (with proper amount) to give me my end product in specified amount and then clean bills after himself? I hope i don't ask for too much :D :D:D
This is something I've been thinking about, I can definitely see how this would be useful. It's something for a future version ;)

Cheers.
Will do, and thanks for the feedack!

=======================
My set up is:
Rimworld Alpha 12d +

Quote from: thefinn on October 08, 2015, 01:40:32 AM
Would love to see a screen where you can see ALL the current jobs, and their queue order as far as the colonists are concerned.

Sometimes it can be really hard to get a particular colonist to not be doing one type of crafting over another - for instance. Would be good to know how to fix that particular issue - probably the worst issue in the game.
An overview tab, and proper editable priority management, which is also enforced on the actual workstations is currently on top of my to-do list.

Fearle55

@NihilRex
You're right bills come as "Do X times", this would be great if items came in 1:1 ratio (1 wood = 1 plank). But what when item comes in 1:20 ratio (1 wood = 20 planks). This way setting job as "Do X times" would mean, that target of "20" planks would finish as 20 x 20 = 400 planks. Meaning there would be 380 planks over produced - if manager wasn't able to get in time to dismiss the job. This would create resource and time "black hole" especially in early game, when production is slow. Not to mention storage space ;).

Personally i think that allowing to use vanilla "Do until X is made" just as in normal bills in all workstations should totally solve that problem.

@Fluffy
Yes, manager is setting repeatCount as high as target value set by myself. This option work correctly. What i meant was - the same thing i just explained to NihilRex. Problems start when from "one" source item you recive "many" product items (1 wood = 20 planks). This way repeatCount of 20 will produce 20 x 20 = 400, which is not my target. My target always was only 20. So setting target of 20 should set a bill "Do 1 time", not "Do 20 times". If manager can be made aware that items can come in stacks of course ;D.

Added my savegame, becouse adding attachments in PM seems too tricky for me ;D
All files and info inside :)

- Cheers ;)

[attachment deleted due to age]

Fluffy (l2032)

Gotcha. For most items, the manager is aware ('normal' recipes are no issue, the problem is smelting and butchering, for which I either set it to 1 (smelting) or 50 (meat, butchering)).

Not sure if that stack count is actually properly taken into account though, I'll look into that. The whole thing needs some love with negative counts (i.e. target < current count, for smelting/recycling/burning) too, not sure that works correctly in some fringe cases.

Fearle55

@Fluffy,
Ture, this needs some more "Math Inside (TM)" :D

But what If i could suggest adding 1 button, which would have hardcoded one of 2 options - like checkbox - for those recipies that aren't 1:1 ratio.

Option #1 "Check if "amount.in.stockpile" is "equal or more" to "target" -> delete bill "else" "wait.for.next.check"
Option #2 "Hardcoded don't go above set (X) value checkbox for certain bill"
                What I mean is to tell forcefully to manager to delete bill when stockpile amount reaches set treshold.

I'm no modder in any case so I just might be shooting blind here ;D

- Cheers

Fluffy (l2032)

I'm not entirely sure what this would add, the manager currently does both. The process is like this;

Manager checks current counts, and decides if the job should be active.
+ if yes, it checks what the difference is between the target and the current count, and how many bills it needs to hand out to make current = target. (it's possible this bit is currently going wrong.)
- if no, it deletes all outstanding bills for this job.

Long story short, even if it occasionally hands out too many bills, they should get cancelled the next time the job is checked and the target was met.

Fearle55

It's all really fine ;) I just got a bit excited, becouse I'm kind of hot head sometimes and I can't wait ;D

I was just wondering if you plan on your "roadmap" to extend manager functions later beyond smelting/producing.

Like adding ability for manager to "teach a class" for pawns to gain skills to some extent.
Or some kind of discounts for mass buy/sell (of many stacks (bulk)) of items with trader.
Or some kind of stockpile management so manager can order pawn to go to stockpile and merge all the "half-stockpiles" into one to save space etc.

Just letting some imagination go on ;D I know it is easy to make wishes ;D

Anyway, after some minor tweaks it is already solid mod. Can't wait for updates ;)

- Cheers