[TOOL] RW SaveEditor (v.0.6/Alpha 3)

Started by keensta, January 15, 2014, 03:46:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ENE

Thank you for FIX bug. I just try it about minute ago and ITS WORK very well. NICE JOB :D           I also spot that - even you edit the clonist ability at max (40) but if they didnt have that ability so they still dont have.

Example:
   Research  3
   Crafting    -
   Shooting  7
      what will happen after changed everything to 40 is...
   Research  40
   Crafting    -
   Shooting   40

ps.Im not good at explain things. THANK!! ;)

Scrove

Just wanted to make sure you know that we appreciate what your doing with this!

NorseGod

I'm confused, right now when I load a given save file....  the program just sits there. The file locations appears to the right of "Save File:" but that's it. There's no buttons, no where to change anything...

oronnoro2

This is very cool, well done!

ENE

another Bug found..? we are not able to edit the same savegame 2nd time? I really want to edit it again and same as "turn Raider to Clonist" option.   I know that its will take time to debug and finish the editor at the same time so sorry for asking many thing and we want you to know that we're appeciate what you are doing right now. :)

keensta

Ok, answers all below.

Quote from: Serapaxson on April 24, 2014, 03:52:31 AM
with the new version it get's further then before but still doesn't show anything, here is the log http://pastebin.com/ZpvZur5V
Correct me if i'm wrong but is this a mod conflict with you're program and is it possible to make it skip mods that don't load and just continue to the next one ?
Quote from: NorseGod on April 24, 2014, 09:18:07 PM
I'm confused, right now when I load a given save file....  the program just sits there. The file locations appears to the right of "Save File:" but that's it. There's no buttons, no where to change anything...
Quote from: albany_ on April 23, 2014, 06:12:21 PM
Hey keensta - I appreciate the effort to fix the issue but the updated editor still isn't working. The output log is the same as before.

Sorry about this it seems you are all getting hit by the same bug. It seemed I forgot to add this line into the code to fix it.
New version now up I was able to replicate the problem then fix it so it SHOULD be 100% fixed for you now. (v0.5.2)

Quote from: ENE on April 24, 2014, 06:45:19 AM
Thank you for FIX bug. I just try it about minute ago and ITS WORK very well. NICE JOB :D           I also spot that - even you edit the clonist ability at max (40) but if they didnt have that ability so they still dont have.

Example:
   Research  3
   Crafting    -
   Shooting  7
      what will happen after changed everything to 40 is...
   Research  40
   Crafting    -
   Shooting   40

ps.Im not good at explain things. THANK!! ;)

I'm not sure what you mean by ability? Could you try re-explaining it.

Quote from: Scrove on April 24, 2014, 07:43:43 AM
Just wanted to make sure you know that we appreciate what your doing with this!
Quote from: oronnoro2 on April 25, 2014, 12:38:08 AM
This is very cool, well done!

Thanks means a lot.

Quote from: ENE on April 26, 2014, 08:10:06 AM
another Bug found..? we are not able to edit the same savegame 2nd time? I really want to edit it again and same as "turn Raider to Clonist" option.   I know that its will take time to debug and finish the editor at the same time so sorry for asking many thing and we want you to know that we're appeciate what you are doing right now. :)

This should be fixed in the new version (v0.5.2)

Quote from: WorldOfIllusion on April 24, 2014, 01:45:39 AM
just wondering, in making this have you looked at how rimworld actually saves/loads saves at all, or have you just been looking through save files?
If it's the former, could I possibly interrogate ask you some questions about how it all works? Really don't want to work it out from scratch.

I didn't have any plans but I can look into it.

@Everyone
New version 0.5.2 has been uploaded hopefully fixing all bugs/problems you've been having with the program.

With this done I should be able to start working on some new features for the editor.
Check out my RimWorld SaveEditor
It removes slag and rock debris.

I mostly hang around in the Mod section of the forum. Yet I don't have a Mod :o.

oronnoro2

What ENE was talking about is when you start a new game and you "Randomize" on skill level some skills come with the " - " meaning they cannot do the job associated with that skill, because they do not know it.

For example:
Construction -
Growing 3
Research 5

In the example, "Construction -" now cannot be done because the colonist does not know it. While "Growing 3" they do know, and the skill for gorowing is 3.

In your program, because the game was started with a colonist not knowing "Construction" changing it in the program does nothing. If you you wore to change Construction in your program to 10, it would still be nothing. The colonist would still not know the skill even tho you said its 10 in your program.

This is a grate example with colonist like pirates or travelers. Because they sometimes come with unknown skills, and would not do that job. Just as if you got a pirate with nothing but cleaning... That's all they would do.

ENE

That is exactly what I want to say, Thank you oronnoro2

ENE

I still cannot Edit my colonist 2nd time D;

keensta

Quote from: oronnoro2 on April 26, 2014, 09:30:51 PM
What ENE was talking about is when you start a new game and you "Randomize" on skill level some skills come with the " - " meaning they cannot do the job associated with that skill, because they do not know it.

For example:
Construction -
Growing 3
Research 5

In the example, "Construction -" now cannot be done because the colonist does not know it. While "Growing 3" they do know, and the skill for gorowing is 3.

In your program, because the game was started with a colonist not knowing "Construction" changing it in the program does nothing. If you you wore to change Construction in your program to 10, it would still be nothing. The colonist would still not know the skill even tho you said its 10 in your program.

This is a grate example with colonist like pirates or travelers. Because they sometimes come with unknown skills, and would not do that job. Just as if you got a pirate with nothing but cleaning... That's all they would do.

Ah that's what you mean, yes this is down to there backgrounds if I remember correctly I'd have to make it possible to edit there backgrounds thus allowing you to make them use other skills and at same time possibly blocking others.
I have wanted to add this advanced part to the colonist editor just at the moment it's getting around to collecting all the data for it.

I'll start working on such features now they will be my new top priority.

Quote from: ENE on April 27, 2014, 05:03:40 AM
I still cannot Edit my colonist 2nd time D;
Really I personally had no trouble doing such a thing I was able to edit everything a 2nd even a third time.

Just a strange question how exactly are you trying to do this

1. Keeping the editor open edit colonist play game for couple minutes go back to the program that's open and then try editing then again?? Do you attempt to reload the file back into the editor.

As if the file is open and you edit it then play using that save file the. Just attempt to edit it again without going File>Load>your save the. Of course it won't work the game had edited the file meaning you have to reload the file not the program again to account for the changes.

I mostly hang around in the Mod section of the forum. Yet I don't have a Mod :o.

ENE

I just try this again but it still not working but then I notice that ONLY the first 3 colonist in the list can be edit and save properly. When I edit my 4th colonist and press SAVE there're not-thing happen and not update.

keensta

Quote from: ENE on April 27, 2014, 05:40:58 AM
I just try this again but it still not working but then I notice that ONLY the first 3 colonist in the list can be edit and save properly. When I edit my 4th colonist and press SAVE there're not-thing happen and not update.

Ok could you upload you're save? See if I can figure the problem out.

ENE

I will try to upload it... also my save have 7 colonist but it only show 5 in yr prograam

keensta