owo

Started by Zelborg, October 16, 2015, 10:52:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toggle

Quote from: DGInFamous on November 15, 2015, 07:32:24 AM
Well if aging was a thing like in the [Sims] then breeding would work just fine. Instead of aging being 1:1 it could be for every one year they age 3-4 years... or even 6-7. Let our colonists die of actual natural causes for heavens sake, we've worked together for 6+ years and hes struggling to move now lol.

And no breeding wouldn't be a way for people just to increase their colony quickly (there is that debug menu that can give you 30 colonists in 2 secs) it would be another challenge, cuz now I have to take care of this screaming baby when I'm supposed to be building wall for the next phase of our base.

Well, the developer menu is kind of straight up cheating, so it really isn't a valid argument... And, most colonies last around 1-3 years.
Selling broken colonist souls for two thousand gold. Accepting cash or credit.

Tatte

Quote from: Z0MBIE2 on November 15, 2015, 11:59:00 AM
Well if aging was a thing like in the [Sims] then breeding would work just fine. Instead of aging being 1:1 it could be for every one year they age 3-4 years... or even 6-7. Let our colonists die of actual natural causes for heavens sake, we've worked together for 6+ years and hes struggling to move now lol.

And no breeding wouldn't be a way for people just to increase their colony quickly (there is that debug menu that can give you 30 colonists in 2 secs) it would be another challenge, cuz now I have to take care of this screaming baby when I'm supposed to be building wall for the next phase of our base.

Well, the developer menu is kind of straight up cheating, so it really isn't a valid argument... And, most colonies last around 1-3 years.

*cough* 12 years *cough cough*
~Tatte~

DGInFamous

Quote from: Tatte on November 15, 2015, 04:41:09 PM

Yeah my colony is on it's 7th year. Most people don't land then work on their ship. Hell I don't even work on my ship til I get bored with the late game. So I don't know where your "most colonies" argument comes from.

And still looking for your point on the topic subject. Can you point it out?

....InFamous....

Toggle

Quote from: DGInFamous on November 15, 2015, 08:59:51 PM
Quote from: Tatte on November 15, 2015, 04:41:09 PM

Yeah my colony is on it's 7th year. Most people don't land then work on their ship. Hell I don't even work on my ship til I get bored with the late game. So I don't know where your "most colonies" argument comes from.

And still looking for your point on the topic subject. Can you point it out?

Fine then, INTENDED colony playtime is 1-3 years really. My point is that's not enough time for a baby, and even with them aging super-fast which would be annoying, it's not enough time for a baby.

TLHeart

wow, a 7 year colony and a 12 year colony. yep those babies are finally big enough to do some work now.

DGInFamous

Quote from: TLHeart on November 16, 2015, 12:00:40 AM
wow, a 7 year colony and a 12 year colony. yep those babies are finally big enough to do some work now.

Wow TL you apparently just read the last post and nothing else. Plus why do the children HAVE to grow up to be put to work, why can't there just be children in the colony?

And everyone's opinion and input matters, that's why games are the way they are, cuz people have input. Stop shooting down suggestions just cuz YOU don't agree or YOU don't see how it could work. I support the idea of relationships and reproducing. Actually makes more sense than "convincing" the enemy to join.

Doesn't make me any more right than you or vice versa.

And TL I suggest you read the OP to prevent you from seeming ignorant to the post. Just a suggestion. Unnecessary and antagonistic. -MK
....InFamous....

Toggle

Quote from: DGInFamous link=topic=16559.msg182375#msg182375
And TL I suggest you read the OP to prevent you from seeming ignorant to the post. Just a suggestion.

The OP is literally 2 sentences, indirectly asking for colonists to reproduce, that's all. Oh, and Tynan has already added relationships, they'll be in the next release.

TLHeart

Quote from: DGInFamous on November 16, 2015, 11:23:18 AM

Wow TL you apparently just read the last post and nothing else. Plus why do the children HAVE to grow up to be put to work, why can't there just be children in the colony?

And everyone's opinion and input matters, that's why games are the way they are, cuz people have input. Stop shooting down suggestions just cuz YOU don't agree or YOU don't see how it could work. I support the idea of relationships and reproducing. Actually makes more sense than "convincing" the enemy to join.

And TL I suggest you read the OP to prevent you from seeming ignorant to the post. Just a suggestion.

I did read the op... and I will quote it here "So I happened across the Romance mod by Lord Fap, in my search for a mod that makes it easier to get more colonists.. I found it lacked the only thing I'd need from a romance mod, is the extra colonists :o"

So look in the mirror about the ignorance. This right here was antagonistic and unnecessary. -MK

Vagabond

Hello,

For the long version of what I'm going to say, see my post here: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=8122.msg105183#msg105183.

Summary:

Current gameplay happens much faster than is logical: building, mining, construction, ect. all happen at a very accelerated rate. This is sensible because if it didn't, then the game wouldn't be fun. However, if we alter the time scale to something along the lines of 1 day = a month, or 1 day = 3 months, then we have a much more sensible timescale for all facets of the game. Each day will consist of the 24 hour clock, with each game hour equaling either one real life minute, or thirty real life seconds.

This will allow children to add depth to gameplay, with all the trials and tribulations, but also reward the player with a new colonist in a useful amount of time.

Cheers,
Michael

DGInFamous

Quote from: TLHeart on November 16, 2015, 06:53:30 PM
Quote from: DGInFamous on November 16, 2015, 11:23:18 AM

I did read the op... and I will quote it here "So I happened across the Romance mod by Lord Fap, in my search for a mod that makes it easier to get more colonists.. I found it lacked the only thing I'd need from a romance mod, is the extra colonists :o"

So look in the mirror about the ignorance.

TLTWAT it was a redundant statement, as if your IGNORANT reply had no basis on the topic thread. Let me explain for the twat size brain.

The topic had come up about a higher ratio of aging to time, so children would make sense. So when your dumbass comment of "wow those babies are ready for work" had complete IGNORANCE written on it.

So can you show me this "mirror"?

User was banned for this post for one day: Rule 1.
....InFamous....

Toggle

Well then... That got hostile. Now, @Vagabond suggestions, that seems interesting. Bit complicated I'd say though. Also for time, Tynan is doubling a day's length in the next Rimworld update, or somewhere near then, to help fix those time problems.

DGInFamous

Quote from: Z0MBIE2 on November 17, 2015, 11:22:33 AM
Well then... That got hostile. Now, @Vagabond suggestions, that seems interesting. Bit complicated I'd say though. Also for time, Tynan is doubling a day's length in the next Rimworld update, or somewhere near then, to help fix those time problems.

Do you have a link to the changes that are gonna happen in the next update?

I would like to see a colonist die of old age, after having 2 children with his wife whom he crash landed with on the planet years ago.

Leadership would be a cool thing too, doesn't really have to do anything just have the status symbol. Bossman. I do a lot of RP with my colonists, its kinda weird. My 2 main characters room together in a room cuz they're "married" but they have negative Needs cuz they're sharing a room.

Even if it was just a mod that would be cool, hence the reason I started to post here....
....InFamous....

Toggle

Quote from: DGInFamous on November 17, 2015, 11:56:41 AM
Do you have a link to the changes that are gonna happen in the next update?

Don't know where the time update was stated, I know it was confirmed though, and the dev blog states he's already done some relationship work. https://ludeon.com/blog/2015/11/ongoing-progress/

Vagabond

Zombie2,

I apologize, but I don't understand how doubling a day's length will solve lapses in continuity. Here is the problem I see:

Things happen to fast.

By trying to fix the fact that colonist are able to get too much done in a game day by doubling the length of the day seems illogical to me. This means that colonist will be able to get twice as much done in a game day.

My solution was to make each day represent either a) a month, or b) three months. Why these two ratios?

A month will allow a "longer" game, while three months would be the minimum to ensure we experience each season for a minimum of a game "day", as determined by biome and longitude/latitude.

Personally, I prefer the 1 game day representing a month. The allows for things such as children, while also allowing for reasonable construction/mining/research times. Some would prefer the three months, because it would mean faster work times, faster reproduction and aging, and quicker research.

I posit a game "day" should be 6, 12, or 24 minutes long. I can't help but see positives in them all, so I can't say for certain without play testing with rebalanced "work" times.

Cheers,
Michael

Toggle

Quote from: Vagabond on November 20, 2015, 11:59:05 PM
A month will allow a "longer" game, while three months would be the minimum to ensure we experience each season for a minimum of a game "day", as determined by biome and longitude/latitude.

Personally, I prefer the 1 game day representing a month. The allows for things such as children, while also allowing for reasonable construction/mining/research times. Some would prefer the three months, because it would mean faster work times, faster reproduction and aging, and quicker research.

I posit a game "day" should be 6, 12, or 24 minutes long. I can't help but see positives in them all, so I can't say for certain without play testing with rebalanced "work" times.

Cheers,
Michael

I really don't think those ratios work. Making a day 24 minutes long, so every hour is a minute, then making it so there's only 12 days in an entire year? I get what you're trying to do, but doesn't really work out well. And yeah, I misread your original post.