[A12d] Recycle Apparel V1.0

Started by TLHeart, October 22, 2015, 06:27:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TLHeart

Recycle Apparel

Have that stockpile of apparel you just don't want, and nobody wants to come by and buy it, recycle it into usable textiles to tailor apparel you do want. It takes some research, and a new work bench to accomplish, but any crafter can feed the machine to get at those much needed textiles. Feed the machine a synthread jacket, and you will get synthread to tailor with. Any apparel item that is "stuffed" will return its base textile. Apparel made from combinations of items, or from materials not available will return nothing.

It does take some time for the work to be accomplished, but is less than smelting a weapon.

This is version 0.9, and I am looking for feedback.
Take this stockpile of Apparel

Feed the machine

Have Fresh Textiles to Tailor With

Requires CCL, community core library. found here https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=16599.0

To install, download from the attached file at bottom of this post, unzip the files into the mod folder, and activate.

License legal mubbo jumbo; Free to use, freely add to any mod pack, and free for any modder to change, improve, update.

Updated to V0.91  new graphic for table.

Updated to version 1.0.
Improved graphics for the table,
table can now be made from wood and steel, or metals and steel.

[attachment deleted due to age]

Beathrus

TLHeart

Quote from: Beathrus on October 22, 2015, 11:35:09 PM
Does it work with Apparello?

Some of those items in the screenshots are from the apparello mod. Yes it works. Just keep in mind not all items will return resources... they have to be made from "stuff".

The way to visually identify what will recycle, and what is destroyed, is by the description... does it say cloth, or devilstrand....

If the description is just coveralls, then nothing is recycled.

I have specifically not allowed the items from the vanilla game to not be included in the bill, that are not stuffed.  those items are personal shield, power armor, kevlar helmet, psychic foil.

Fearle55

This is great, finally some alternative to clothes rotting on the ground ;) poor clothes i know... Would it be possible to have some option to dismantle some of "more advanced" clothes like all those electronic visors or those "glitterworld" stuff and recive some micro chips back etc? I'm writing from perspective of modpacks like "Hardcore" or "Ultimate Overhaul". ;)

Also, I forgot to add, would be supercool sometimes, to dismantle those plasteel sunglasses into some plasteel, since they're not from cloth ;) I mean, to have support for both cloth and metals ;)

-Cheers

nomedable

I'm curious what the return rate is on materials? Do we get a fraction of the material used to make the clothing or the whole shebang? Cause the latter would be fairly powerful.

TLHeart

Quote from: Fearle55 on October 23, 2015, 05:59:03 AM
This is great, finally some alternative to clothes rotting on the ground ;) poor clothes i know... Would it be possible to have some option to dismantle some of "more advanced" clothes like all those electronic visors or those "glitterworld" stuff and recive some micro chips back etc? I'm writing from perspective of modpacks like "Hardcore" or "Ultimate Overhaul". ;)

Also, I forgot to add, would be supercool sometimes, to dismantle those plasteel sunglasses into some plasteel, since they're not from cloth ;) I mean, to have support for both cloth and metals ;)

-Cheers

If the sunglasses are made from plasteel yes you will get plasteel back. Any item that is made from "stuff" and is an apparel item will return raw material from that item. Microchips are not a "stuff" item, so no return. 

Quote from: nomedable on October 23, 2015, 09:20:57 AM
I'm curious what the return rate is on materials? Do we get a fraction of the material used to make the clothing or the whole shebang? Cause the latter would be fairly powerful.

The return rate is the same as when you smelt a weapon, or deconstruct a building, approximately 50%. Condition of the item recycled does not affect the amount returned.

Fearle55

Items do have health, 100hp, 213hp etc. Perhaps material return could be calculated as fraction of item remaining health. This way rare items with more health would be more valuable to dismantle, and damaged items even less than normally they would return. ;) On the other hand repair of item for free, to increase dismantle value wouldn't make much sense :P Maybe just put some "randomizer" and forget calculations?

-Cheers

TLHeart

Yes items have hp, and so do weapons that are smelted at the smelter.  You will get the same back at the smelter also regardless of the hp of the weapon smelted. This uses the same code, that I did not wright, I just call the function that Tynan wrote.

dismar

so is the only thing that requires you to use CLL is just the low power? :P

Loki88

I like it ;D

Thank you very much for making this mod!

Cataphract

Thanks for making this mod! It's pretty sweet.

TLHeart

Quote from: dismar on October 23, 2015, 11:10:04 PM
so is the only thing that requires you to use CLL is just the low power? :P

Yep, remove the low power from it and CCL is not required. It is just a different recipe to call a function Tynan has in the core game. I could have just added the recipe to any table, but wanted it to have its own, table, and a little bit of research.

dismar

thanks! i've been looking for something like this a long while. figured it take a dll to make it work :)

TLHeart

Quote from: dismar on October 24, 2015, 04:45:09 PM
thanks! i've been looking for something like this a long while. figured it take a dll to make it work :)

If you want to change the amount of the output, yea, it will take a dll. I have no idea how it works, since I can not find the function I am calling in any part of the released code. Not saying it is not in the released code, I just can't find it.  I just stumbled across it, and thought hey that might work, and it does.

Biwel

i dont see any download link , is the mod still available ?