[A12d][ModPack] The ModVarietyPack

Started by simon-82, November 01, 2015, 02:28:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WinterFlare

@Bob, you need to use the tilled soil or whatever it is before you can make a grow zone, annoying but it's better than seeds please.

@Aracan I'd suggest getting a fresh version of the game and installing everything manually instead of using the included mod pack setup tool, the config goes in C:\Users\CURRENTUSER\AppData\LocalLow\Ludeon Studios\RimWorld\Config (The file is in SaveData when you download the pack.)

simon-82

Quote from: potter3390 on February 23, 2016, 05:30:41 PM
just to know, you aren't going to add man controlled turrent by chance? or the keybinding?
Not planned right now. But I'll take a look ;)

Quote from: Aracan on February 23, 2016, 08:15:14 PM
Hey Guys ,
I have bought Rimworld only a few days ago. Now i saw this awsome modpack and wanted to try it.
But it says the mods are incompatible with each other and stopped loading.
I have the latest version installed   0.12.914   
Can someone please help me ?
--snip--
Follow the installation instructions on the website. Read them again and make sure you followed everything correctly. I am fairly sure it will work then. If the setup script does not work, make sure to follow that part of the instructions. If you still have problems, post your output_log file. Are you on windows, mac or linux?

Aracan

@WinterFlare @simon-82

Thank you very very much for your help. Yes i did a clean install of all ! manually ! and it worked from the beginning. I thank you very much again. Now i will play the hell out of this pack :D

Kitsune

Quote from: simon-82 on February 23, 2016, 03:21:12 PM
Quote from: Kitsune on February 23, 2016, 03:35:49 AM
And for the end, its "new-picu-time"! :3 And as always, at least 1 nudist. ^~^
You always post nice pictures, thanks!
And now that you have your wall completed, I'll replace your picture on the first page with your new *shiny* colony :)

I do my best. :D Sad that i cant modify my uploaded image because that way i would be able to upload every new colony with a new version without the need that you have to change the link in your post. Maybe one day the imagehoster will allow that. *~*

Now i have to research turrets and weapons that i can make my walls even better and i need the extractor... and an hospital and... and... xD

Aracan

Hiho ,
I played all day long... hitting a wall... i need to smelt steel. So i wanted to build a furnace.
But the furnace requires Limestone ... i searched on my map and i cant find Limestone only Granite and Sandstone ... its Winter .. my ppl are freezing and i dont know what to do O.O
Please help me and my colonists

Kitsune

Quote from: Aracan on February 24, 2016, 10:49:46 AM
Hiho ,
I played all day long... hitting a wall... i need to smelt steel. So i wanted to build a furnace.
But the furnace requires Limestone ... i searched on my map and i cant find Limestone only Granite and Sandstone ... its Winter .. my ppl are freezing and i dont know what to do O.O

Klick once on the furnace button, it should be open up and little window. In that window you can pick the material you want/have. :D

Aracan

Quote from: Kitsune on February 24, 2016, 11:06:17 AM
Quote from: Aracan on February 24, 2016, 10:49:46 AM
Hiho ,

Klick once on the furnace button, it should be open up and little window. In that window you can pick the material you want/have. :D

sadly not ... it just says " you dont have the materials "

Kitsune

@Aracan: Are you sure you have other stone blocks? If you dont have any stone blocks or if they are forbidden or something, you cant use them. :)

Aracan

Quote from: Kitsune on February 24, 2016, 11:45:56 AM
@Aracan: Are you sure you have other stone blocks? If you dont have any stone blocks or if they are forbidden or something, you cant use them. :)
Also no , but i worked around it by trading some Limestones witch a random trade , god bless him ...
But i get the feeling i did something wrong ... <.<

Aracan

Okay , this was/is my first modded colony. I have a really hard time exploring the researches and keeping my ppl alive. But it is so much fun. I have spent hours before noticing what research i need to make the things i need, and then ... i need glas ... okay Lets build the glass making tools ... oh wait .. they need power .. i dont have power yet :D ....
I have played modded minecraft before and i really liked that " you have to research this before you can build that " kinda stuff.
Anyways , i have so much fun. Thank you guys for making that possible .

Kitsune

Yes, alone the research-thingy gives the game some sort of goal, sure beside the "build a ship and fly~ away~". xD The only bad-side on so nice mods is, if you once played with them, its really hard to play without them. ^~^ After march sometimes we get the next "big" update for rimworld and the horror is... most of the times rimworld gets updatet, ALL mods will be not work with the new mod. And you have to think about to wait and play the old rimworld with shiny mods or play shiny new rimworld without shiny mods aaaaand all the time you think "i feel a deep emptyness in me without the mods i want them so bad that i cant live without them!".  ;D

roy2x

How do you plant cotton? I researched Textiles 1 but I cant seem to find cotton when selecting which plants to grow?

Edit: So I made a new game and researched textiles 1 to see if i could plant cotton bushes there and it appears that i could. I dont know what the problem is, im gonna keep trying to research the other tech that allows me to grow more plants to the point its similar to the 1st game and see if anything is different.

Edit2: Okay so can anyone else confirm if cotton plant disappears from the plant list? I researched starting with Crafting 1 >Textiles 1 >Agriculture 1 >Medicine 1 >Agriculture 2 >Cooking 1 and it was fine until at that point where cotton bush is no longer available for growing after I finished Cooking 1.

Britnoth

Quote from: Aracan on February 24, 2016, 10:49:46 AMits Winter .. my ppl are freezing and i dont know what to do O.O

Remember you can always use camp fires to keep warm, both in vanilla + MVP.

Warshi

Im so confused, I installed the modpack and then started to load mods. There was nothing in the pack that said what order to load the mods so I just tried to do the core mods first. I must have done something wrong because after making a new world and loading in the game my colonists would not drop in for almost a minute, during which I couldn't click on anything. Then after they finally did drop in I still couldn't click anything, I dont know what I did but its a bummer.

Fluffy (l2032)

@warshi
The modpack includes a savedata folder, in that is a config folder, and in that is a ModsConfig.xml file that has the mod order.

You have three options;
1) Following the install instructions here: http://simon-82.github.io/ModVarietyPack/download/, particularly points 3 and 4;
QuoteRun the Setup_ModVarietyPack file. This will create a new shortcut for you.

To play with the modpack enabled, start the game with the new shortcut. Your savegames for the modpack will be in the new savedata folder. If you want to play vanilla RimWorld, start the game with the original .exe file. Your savegames for the vanilla game will be in C:\Users\YourUsername\AppData\LocalLow\Ludeon Studios\RimWorld as usual.
2) if you don't create the shortcut, or for some reason don't want to, you just plop the entire Config directory into the folder given above.
3) Manually activate mods in the order found in the ModsConfig.xml file