[A12d][ModPack] The ModVarietyPack

Started by simon-82, November 01, 2015, 02:28:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pheanox

Quote from: simon-82 on November 06, 2015, 11:50:48 AM
Quote from: Pheanox on November 06, 2015, 04:43:07 AM
A possible incompatibility:  I added Mountain Temp to this mod and all mountain rooms had a temperature of 0 and would not warm up.  Not sure if that is an incompatibility with the mod and your modpack, or a bug with the Mountain Temp mod.
Not sure what is going on there as I haven't tried this mod yet. There is the redist-heat mod in the modpack that messes with temperature stuff. Nothing else. Hm, have you tried loading that mod before or after the modpack?

I tried it with the mod moved up right below CCL in load order.  I will see what happens when I have it at the bottom of the modpack while I try out the new version

HavocT

Hi,

first of all: thank you for this awesome modpack. It's basically perfect... except for this little problem:

I started a few maps with this modpack and after a while it will start to stutter a lot..basically unplayable. I discovered the debug console and made a screenshot of the error message. I hope that helps to find a solution.

[attachment deleted due to age]

Pheanox

I have noticed that the grass on my map is dying out faster than it can re-grow, you might want to see if that was tweaked with the new growing system.

Enjoyment

Hello there, did you add separate bills for different stone types to stonecutting table, as was suggested? It really sucks to explain the importance of this feature every time (really, guys, I had to explain it even to Itchy! Oo). But once again - without this mod you CAN'T make a stock of 200 marble and 300 slate blocks IN ANY WAY, cause the vanilla systems counts all the stone blocks you have in your stockpiles, so if you already have 300 slate blocks and then add a bill 'make stone blocks until you have 200 from only marble' it WON'T do anything. So please, make sure this small mod is allways in your pack. And if it is already in, I'll definately will grab your mp and try it - a new farming system seems to be the most interesting big thing since Abrexus made his SC's new research tree.
English is neither my native lang nor my strong side...

Sukha

Quote from: Enjoyment on November 07, 2015, 05:53:48 AM
Hello there, did you add separate bills for different stone types to stonecutting table, as was suggested? It really sucks to explain the importance of this feature every time (really, guys, I had to explain it even to Itchy! Oo). But once again - without this mod you CAN'T make a stock of 200 marble and 300 slate blocks IN ANY WAY, cause the vanilla systems counts all the stone blocks you have in your stockpiles, so if you already have 300 slate blocks and then add a bill 'make stone blocks until you have 200 from only marble' it WON'T do anything. So please, make sure this small mod is allways in your pack. And if it is already in, I'll definately will grab your mp and try it - a new farming system seems to be the most interesting big thing since Abrexus made his SC's new research tree.

Yes he did. xD

simon-82

Quote from: Pheanox on November 06, 2015, 10:40:40 PM
I have noticed that the grass on my map is dying out faster than it can re-grow, you might want to see if that was tweaked with the new growing system.
I let it run for a while on a tropical biome. There it seemed fine. Which biome were you playing in?
Anyways, I changed some values around now. Hopefully that should fix it :)

Quote from: HavocT on November 06, 2015, 07:06:48 PM
I started a few maps with this modpack and after a while it will start to stutter a lot..basically unplayable. I discovered the debug console and made a screenshot of the error message. I hope that helps to find a solution.
Thanks for the screenshot. Not 100% sure what is causing that for you. The message shows something related to the AutoEquip mod though. I have removed this mod from the pack for the time being. Not that I don't like it, maybe it comes back at some point. It was just giving me some performance issues in huge colonies.

New version 1.12 is out now.
Changelog and download here :)

paragonid

Temperate forest, can confirm dying grass.
Started in default time (couple of months before summer), around the end of summer grass is almost fully disappeared.

I like the grow mechanics, but I find quite strange that creating any type of fertilized soil is construction work instead of grow work.
Is it intended?

Andouce

Really enjoying this mod. If it is the same one I think of from a few alphas before. The one with extensive research tree, fishing and very very good in terms of progression. Or at least it is putting me in memory of that :D

Keep it up, I like where it is going. The one thing I would like to see in future is possibly the addition of more of the faction mods which are out there which would fit into the pack. I am sure you have this in the works as with many other stuff. It is just a matter of time. Look forward to it and enjoying playing atm.

In regards to above with the grow. I think that it technically would be better under growing job but don't know if it can be assigned to that ? Either way it is not bad. :)

HavocT

Quote from: HavocT on November 06, 2015, 07:06:48 PM
Thanks for the screenshot. Not 100% sure what is causing that for you. The message shows something related to the AutoEquip mod though. I have removed this mod from the pack for the time being. Not that I don't like it, maybe it comes back at some point. It was just giving me some performance issues in huge colonies.

New version 1.12 is out now.
Changelog and download here :)

Thank you very much! Rimworld is the only game i am able to play right now and your modpack just makes it so much more awesome. So, thanks for fixing the problem! :)

Pheanox

Quote from: simon-82 on November 07, 2015, 12:12:03 PM
I let it run for a while on a tropical biome. There it seemed fine. Which biome were you playing in?

As paragonid said, I was playing on a temperate map where I noticed the dying grass.  Awesome response time though!

Sephyr

Quote from: Pheanox on November 07, 2015, 07:09:57 PM
Quote from: simon-82 on November 07, 2015, 12:12:03 PM

As paragonid said, I was playing on a temperate map where I noticed the dying grass.  Awesome response time though!

I'm experiencing similar issues in a temperate forest biome with a new map (v 1.11).
After about 1 month there is almost no grass to be seen.

Nice pack, keep it up :)

Edit: it also seems to have possibly halted treegrowth, but not sure on that.
Tried to spawn grass seeds with debug, in case its helpfull here is the output from the debug log:

Failed to find Verse.ThingDef named PlantPovertyGrass. There are 1745 defs loaded.

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at RimWorld.GenPlantReproduction.TryFindSeedTargFor (Verse.ThingDef plantDef, IntVec3 root, SeedTargFindMode mode, Verse.IntVec3& foundCell) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at RimWorld.GenPlantReproduction.TrySpawnSeed (IntVec3 cell, Verse.ThingDef plantDef, SeedTargFindMode mode, Verse.Thing plant) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.Dialog_DebugActionsMenu.<DoListingItems_GameModeMap>m__499 () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.DebugTool.DebugToolOnGUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.DebugTools.DebugToolsOnGUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EdB.Interface.UserInterface.UIRootOnGUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.Root.OnGUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename:  Line: -1)

TLHeart

nice catch there sephyr, looks like he removed the natural spawning plant seeds.

simon-82

Quote from: Sephyr on November 07, 2015, 07:43:28 PM
I'm experiencing similar issues in a temperate forest biome with a new map (v 1.11).
After about 1 month there is almost no grass to be seen.

Nice pack, keep it up :)

Edit: it also seems to have possibly halted treegrowth, but not sure on that.
Tried to spawn grass seeds with debug, in case its helpfull here is the output from the debug log:

Failed to find Verse.ThingDef named PlantPovertyGrass. There are 1745 defs loaded.

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at RimWorld.GenPlantReproduction.TryFindSeedTargFor (Verse.ThingDef plantDef, IntVec3 root, SeedTargFindMode mode, Verse.IntVec3& foundCell) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at RimWorld.GenPlantReproduction.TrySpawnSeed (IntVec3 cell, Verse.ThingDef plantDef, SeedTargFindMode mode, Verse.Thing plant) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.Dialog_DebugActionsMenu.<DoListingItems_GameModeMap>m__499 () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.DebugTool.DebugToolOnGUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.DebugTools.DebugToolsOnGUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EdB.Interface.UserInterface.UIRootOnGUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.Root.OnGUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename:  Line: -1)

First off thanks, glad you enjoy it :)
Now I have tweaked the numbers in 1.12 and hopefully that was enough to keep the grass from dying. As for the trees and bushes, they grow at around 90% by default on soil now. If you plant them on cultivated soil or better they grow much faster.

As for the error you have found:
You probably tried "Tool: Spawn grass seed" right? If you do that in vanilla RimWorld it throws the same error. The ThingDef it is looking for "PlantPovertyGrass" does not exist in vanilla. My guess is, that's from a previous alpha and has been changed since then. The only grass plants are "grass" and "tallgrass".
The only way to spawn grass I found is by spawning a Thing directly. And that works just fine.

And no, I did not remove any natural spawning seeds XD

Dopper

Cleaning work job not working even when set to high priority. Latest version, no errors.

HavocT

Quote from: Dopper on November 08, 2015, 11:25:55 AM
Cleaning work job not working even when set to high priority. Latest version, no errors.

Did you zone a cleaning area?