[A12d][ModPack] The ModVarietyPack

Started by simon-82, November 01, 2015, 02:28:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NemesisN

will you add back those shields that crash the game if you find a fix for them ?
Join the RimWorld fan community group on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1404635226524821/

simon-82

Quote from: NemesisN on December 06, 2015, 03:43:39 PM
will you add back those shields that crash the game if you find a fix for them ?
Yes of course :)
I already posted in the Enhanced Development thread and told Jaxxa about the error. I didn't find an easy fix for it, it is his mod so he can solve the issue I am sure :)

Quote from: SteelHeart on December 06, 2015, 03:24:53 PM
good news and some bad news. the good news is that upon installing the mudpack version 1.2.X it stopped crashing on load. the bad news is that my log file was oversized and I deleted it in hopes of just having the one that would be made from the game crashing. well now my game isn`t crashing anymore and the log file is gone forever. well, I guess I can play now, but we`ll never know what made it keep crashing for me.
I'd say that's good news then :)

Playbahnosh

Quote from: A_Bandit!!! on December 05, 2015, 04:08:57 PM
Excuse me if this have already been adressed, my pawns hate cleaning for some reason. Tried taking one pawn and give him a 1 i cleaning and nothing else, still wont do it >:(

This is with the VarietyModPack, loving it so far. Anyone else that have had this problem and have fixed it?

The Home area and the cleaning area are separate things here. You can designate a Clearing Zone on the zones tab, and any colonist assigned to cleaning will clean in that zone. Really useful since your colonists finally won't waste time sweeping dirt outside. Unless you want them to.

Pheanox

Couple things.

1. I think that the normal storage shelves should be accessible sooner than Storage 1.  I don't see any reason why they are locked behind so much research?

2. I know this is going to sound stupid but I can't find water buckets anywhere, where do you build them?

TLHeart

Quote from: Pheanox on December 06, 2015, 08:08:33 PM
Couple things.

1. I think that the normal storage shelves should be accessible sooner than Storage 1.  I don't see any reason why they are locked behind so much research?

2. I know this is going to sound stupid but I can't find water buckets anywhere, where do you build them?

water buckets are crafted and filled at the well. Also the water bucket is destroyed when used to improve soil or brew drinks... a flaw with the base game recipe limitations.

RadGH

The recent updates are looking great. A couple more suggestions:

1) The norbal throwing hammers are massively imba, especially early on. Got attacked by a pretty decent group of norbals and most of them had a throwing hammer. It's like an instant KO if they hit a colonist. I don't understand why they need to explode, or why they have such pin-point accuracy.

2) The techtree needs a bit of work at the very beginning. Trying to get an AC requires several different researches, even though you could unlock them immediately. You need construction, crafting, and power research to get an AC. Which early on, is a very large amount of research for 3 colonists. I think the amount of points for these tier 1 researches should be lowered or simply start with a furnace unlocked. Pretty sure spacefaring people understand how to melt metal.

--

Q: Is there a way to disable the norbal faction from appearing in world gen? I tried a completely new install and deleting the norbals mod folder and removing it from modconfig.xml. Gives me a ton of errors when I open the game, and I can't create a world.

EDIT: Got it to work by removing some code from a few xml files in the modvarietypack addon. Seems to be working fine now.

Dryparn

Just wondered if this is a bug or a feature: Norbals cant wear the upgraded bionic body parts just the regular bionic parts or worse.

Pheanox

Was there a change to animal mating?  I've had some alpacas for over a year (2 females, 1 male) and had no pregnancy yet.

paragonid

Quote from: RadGH on December 06, 2015, 11:53:46 PM
Q: Is there a way to disable the norbal faction from appearing in world gen?

Or any other easy way to "disable" norbals would be really appreciated.

Kitsune

Quote from: simon-82 on December 06, 2015, 02:11:05 PM
Hm, well ok. A small outdoor area for them is all I ask for.
Looks like you really like all the shiny things!
I bet you would like to have my shiny new avatar duck. It is golden + very shiny! But sorry, it's mine :P
You can look at it and admire its' shininess, but nooo touching!

Nice colony again btw. Looks a lot like your last one. With the city wall and stuff. A nice garden area with pretty fences. I like that style of colony. It actually looks like a small western town. :)

And nope, the Norbals won't be nice to you I am afraid. You will have to call them and give them some shiny silver, then they might start to like you.
But I can already tell you will rather murder all of them before you give them any of your shiny silver, am I right?

Small outdoor area, done. ^-^
Aye i love shiny's and your avatar ... ok i will let it yours, i like shiny but im not a thief. :3

Thank you again and i like this kind of colony's because it looks like a town and not a evil fortress of doom. ... Hm but a little bit fortressylike is always good. xD Oh and of course i dont give away my shiny's to some stupid guy's i catch them patch them up and throw them out of my colony that they go home and say "ouch guy's! there are horrible people dont go to them... they do cruel thinks to us like bathing!" and with the "diplomaticsystem" it works i get 15 "friendshippoints" for almost every prisoner.

@RadGH: I'm with you about the norbal hammer, its horrible. :'( I would like the norbals more like medival vikings and not this psydo hightech weapons and shielding vikings in fur clothing. ;D Or if hightech than sort of asgard like, space-metal-grade armor and energyweapons like laserstaffs or something. ;)

TLHeart

The norbals are vikings. The hammer was a legendary weapon of their god. It was powerful enough to destroy mountains. So the norbals hammer can not destroy mountains, but can devastate a colonist.  I have no problem with them being equipped with the hammer.

Grogfeld

Hi Simon. It's me again, and again with prosthetic issue. It's the same problem like in other things. This time its about bionic arm but I imagine that is the same bug with everything that needs other 1st or 2nd level prosthetics to craft so I advise you to look at it.

paragonid

"The hammer was a legendary weapon of their god" and "Based on combat realism" in one modpack devastates me.

Nurichbin

So when you send your colonists on a mission and the message says they brought loot. Where does the loot go? because it does not appear where they reenter the map and they are not carrying it.

paragonid

They've been carrying it for me each time in this case.