[A12d][ModPack] The ModVarietyPack

Started by simon-82, November 01, 2015, 02:28:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NemesisN

I noticed (don't know if its a modpack issue or mod itself) that when you add a Bill on shooting range to train your colony shooting skill when they reach 20 (max) shooting skill they keep training on it even tho they are maxed out on that skill

I don't want them to train because its pointless if their skill is max they just waste time and other colony can't train because its occupied

They should stop training once they hit 20 (max) on their skill and let others train who did not hit max
Join the RimWorld fan community group on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1404635226524821/

wakko151

Carlyscarlet

Quote from: simon-82 on January 06, 2016, 02:18:56 PM
Quote from: Kitsune on January 06, 2016, 01:56:27 PM
@Tivec: Had the same problem and fixed it the same way. xD Very very strange.~

So but i have another problem, in the outfit menu i cant find the cowboy hat and a few others. By the way above hats, i really really love the new seperation for the hats and the other clothing. ^~^
Hm, yea this can happen when the mods get changed (or loadad the 1st time). That's why I recommended to restart the game after loading the first time.

Thanks Kitsune :) Glad you are still playing with the modpack and that you like the changes.
About the hats missing, I had a quick look at the code and it seems I missed the 2 vanilla hats while doing the switcheroo of the tables, I think.
Can you confirm that only the 2 vanilla hats (cowboy + tuque) are missing?
It looks like that to me. The others are all there I believe. (so many hats...(yay! :)))

Oh by the way, have you seen the new heads? The males can have beards now.
But I had a hard time getting good ideas for the female heads :(
So now I have one female head with freckles and 2 with (badass) scars.
You surely have some good ideas for new female heads, right? Let me know! :)
Tattoos? Dirt? More scars? Just throwing ideas here.

TLHeart

Bug report, and first crash to desktop I have ever had with rimworld.

Moved into an ancient structure... collected loot, and set up.

Went to deconstruct the wall to the room containing the mechs, and rimworld stopped responding.

Quit, restarted rimworld, loaded save from before, set the wall to be deconstructed again, get this error message....

Called PawnHostileTo with null faction.

And the mech is NOT hostile to anyone.

Output log is attached, and so is the save file from before deconstruction of the wall. 

Deconstruct any section of the wall to the hidden room in the southeast corner.

[attachment deleted due to age]

TLHeart

On the beards, they look strange when a blond beard is on a coal black haired colonists.. any way to at least get the same color of hair for the head and the beard?

Kitsune

Quote from: wakko151 on January 06, 2016, 06:09:59 PM
what do you mean you make a hotel?

You can build guest beds, if you have them, guest will sleep in them and if they are happy you get rewards. :D

NemesisN

Quote from: NemesisN on January 06, 2016, 06:06:22 PM
I noticed (don't know if its a modpack issue or mod itself) that when you add a Bill on shooting range to train your colony shooting skill when they reach 20 (max) shooting skill they keep training on it even tho they are maxed out on that skill

I don't want them to train because its pointless if their skill is max they just waste time and other colony can't train because its occupied

They should stop training once they hit 20 (max) on their skill and let others train who did not hit max

anyone know the name of this mod for training ? So I tell this there if this is not a modpack problem but the mod itself
Join the RimWorld fan community group on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1404635226524821/

xxj6xx

Loving this mod pack like no other pack before it, but got a few questions:

-Installation: How does one update the modpack to a current version? Does it require any extra steps, and will I have to start a new game? I'm running v1.22 of MVP.

-Terraforming pumps: Can't be used indoors (under a roof), and are non-removable?
So, no cave gardens? Hydroponics are great and all, but what about an indoor park with grass and trees? Maybe the cost can be significantly increased to offset how useful that would be? And give back less when torn down?

-Guests: Why do they all go broken/berzerk in my chicken pens? WTH GUYS, leave my poor chickens alone!

-Books: Is there any way to get them other than traders? Not seeing a desk for writing in furniture or other sub-menu.

-Duct system: How is this supposed to work, exactly? Does each room need an input and output vent, ducted to two seperate units (upper and lower channel)? I feel stupid asking this, since I know how it should work IRL.....

That's it for now, thanks for assembling and creating this pack. The game should come with it, IMHO.

Kitsune

Quote from: xxj6xx on January 07, 2016, 10:39:13 AM
-Installation: How does one update the modpack to a current version? Does it require any extra steps, and will I have to start a new game? I'm running v1.22 of MVP.
I only delete all in the mod folder copy a new "core" folder from the rimworld rar pack and copy "mod" and "savedata" from the MVP rar pack and i near never have problems with that. xD

Quote from: xxj6xx on January 07, 2016, 10:39:13 AM-Guests: Why do they all go broken/berzerk in my chicken pens? WTH GUYS, leave my poor chickens alone!
With the last updated hospitality integrated in the MVP it should not happen IF you have an room that is better looking as your chicken pens. :D I dont be 100% sure with the norbals... they are... strange. xD

Quote from: xxj6xx on January 07, 2016, 10:39:13 AM-Books: Is there any way to get them other than traders? Not seeing a desk for writing in furniture or other sub-menu.

As far i seen they are only buyable.^~^

Quote from: xxj6xx on January 07, 2016, 10:39:13 AM-Duct system: How is this supposed to work, exactly? Does each room need an input and output vent, ducted to two seperate units (upper and lower channel)? I feel stupid asking this, since I know how it should work IRL.....
I have trouble with them too. Maybe its better for you to look in the main thread for the duct-thingys, there are a few descriptions how they should work. :3

TLHeart

Quote from: xxj6xx on January 07, 2016, 10:39:13 AM
Loving this mod pack like no other pack before it, but got a few questions:

New versions are not save compatible, and require a new colony, so yes you will need to do a complete fresh install and start a new colony.
-Terraforming pumps: Can't be used indoors (under a roof), and are non-removable?
So, no cave gardens? Hydroponics are great and all, but what about an indoor park with grass and trees? Maybe the cost can be significantly increased to offset how useful that would be? And give back less when torn down?
Makes the game too easy to be able to place soil in a cave... as for being removable, as in boxed up and moved, that does not work with the way the mod is written.
-Guests: Why do they all go broken/berzerk in my chicken pens? WTH GUYS, leave my poor chickens alone!

That was from the hospitality mod, and have been changed to where guest don't prefer the barn, and you now can even build guest beds that create a guest room for them that they may pay for. needs a new colony and version 1.23b

Quote-Books: Is there any way to get them other than traders? Not seeing a desk for writing in furniture or other sub-menu.
no, not in the current mod pack.

-Duct system: How is this supposed to work, exactly? Does each room need an input and output vent, ducted to two seperate units (upper and lower channel)? I feel stupid asking this, since I know how it should work IRL.....

Go and read the redist heat mod, as many people have troubles getting the pipes and vents to work... takes more vents to get the network temperature to the needed temperature to make the system work than one thinks.  For me it is easier to just use the wall mounted heaters and coolers.

That's it for now, thanks for assembling and creating this pack. The game should come with it, IMHO.

Sidenote for simon...
in the latest release of additional joy items, which you are already using there is the ability to craft paper, make books, and a writing table.

Avtomatik

Got two problems, not sure if they are because of the mod:

Tailor's bench is not working. Nobody wants to touch it with a stick and I cant right click on it to make them do anything on it.
Same thing with dirt. Nobody cleans anything and its unclickable. :/

Stephanuz

Whenever I want to research something, it doesn't show any 'research' in my research tab.

FIXED : After 3 reloads, it finally showed the reasearch tree.
Currently learning how to mod. Any tips / tutorials are highly appreciated <3.

TLHeart

Quote from: Avtomatik on January 07, 2016, 07:13:20 PM
Got two problems, not sure if they are because of the mod:

Tailor's bench is not working. Nobody wants to touch it with a stick and I cant right click on it to make them do anything on it.
Same thing with dirt. Nobody cleans anything and its unclickable. :/

EDIT: DERP!
Hotfix 1.23b released here
- hotfix tailor's bench
Do you have 123b? for the tailors bench did have a missing workgiver.. and was fixed.

For cleaning, you MUST designate the zone you want cleaned with the cleaning zone tool... looks like a broom/brush in the zone/area tab. Same place you create stockpiles, growing zone...

NemesisN

if I change the difficulty level (not story) to my existing world will it brake the game so raids will never come or it will run just fine

TLHeart

Quote from: NemesisN on January 08, 2016, 11:14:38 AM
if I change the difficulty level (not story) to my existing world will it brake the game so raids will never come or it will run just fine

Changing storytellers or difficulty does not brake the game in alpha 12. I do it all the time with MVP also.