[A12d][ModPack] The ModVarietyPack

Started by simon-82, November 01, 2015, 02:28:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

simon-82

v.1.24 is up for grabs here

Not sure what is causing the random thing with the research window yet.
And the error TLHeart reported on the last page is also still being looked at.
I still wanted to push this update out to you because I found out the tiny thing with the 2 vanilla hats being not in the right category can lead other, more serious errors. 

Changelog:
- Fixed: Vanilla hats category is displayed properly under headgear
- Added: AllowTool (Easily unforbid items)

Akiruu

Are infusions working properly?

I am a new user to the mod and when i stack research speed items, i am not sure if they work. When i go to character and press the I to see the exact percentages for research speed - there doesnt seem to be a difference in the total speed when i have gear on or off. Some gear clearly works like if the item give + stats (ie cowboy = + social), but the infusion part doesnt seem to work for me. Or they are listed and say = 0%.

Also equipping a weapon (uninfused) also seems to lower my research speed.

Here is a pic of my gear and the stats page: http://imgur.com/6bvth80

Does anyone have this problem?

[attachment deleted due to age]

mav

BUG - unable to hit target.

I attached a screenshot. I try to shoot a thrumbo that is downed.

If I fire at it from this position, I am able to hit it.

If I move one or two squares closer, I am suddently unable to hit it, although the calculated chance to hit goes up.

The planning zone shows the area I am unable to hit from.

[attachment deleted due to age]

Fluffy (l2032)

Quote from: mav on January 10, 2016, 07:43:02 AM

If I move one or two squares closer, I am suddently unable to hit it, although the calculated chance to hit goes up.

This is a known issue with combat realism, which they've been so far unable to track down.

TLHeart

your thrumbo appears to be laying on a steam geyser. No gun will every hit him there, as the geyser is providing cover... combat realism mechanic. Same thing happens if an animal lands on a rock chunk. You can rescue the animal, move a few steps, draft, undraft the colonist doing the rescue, and then kill the animal.

Der Failer

Quote from: simon-82 on January 04, 2016, 12:39:41 PM
-snip-
Then it was like "The script is not working! The modpack is not working!"
So I'm not sure what else I can do...
-snip-
About stuff not work and scripts and such... you perhaps want to take a look at this bug. I found this playing your modpack*, althougt it is a vanilla bug. None the less it effects everyone how uses your script for the shortcut.

Also love the modpack.

*btw why is almost everybody refering to this as a mod when it is clearly a modpack, i mean its even in the title. o.O

mav

Quote from: TLHeart on January 10, 2016, 10:52:40 AM

your thrumbo appears to be laying on a steam geyser. No gun will every hit him there, as the geyser is providing cover... combat realism mechanic. Same thing happens if an animal lands on a rock chunk. You can rescue the animal, move a few steps, draft, undraft the colonist doing the rescue, and then kill the animal.

I removed walls, that's why there is missing snow. I only miss the Thrumbo if I am standing inside one of the marked squares.

mav

Quote from: Fluffy (l2032) on January 10, 2016, 08:55:15 AM

This is a known issue with combat realism, which they've been so far unable to track down.

Are you sure that they already know about this particular bug? The only known issue listed in the mod post is:
Quote from: NoImageAvailable on January 29, 2015, 12:27:41 PM
The tooltips for weapons don't correspond to their actual stats or chances to hit.

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: mav on January 10, 2016, 11:49:54 AM
Are you sure that they already know about this particular bug? The only known issue listed in the mod post is:
Quote from: NoImageAvailable on January 29, 2015, 12:27:41 PM
The tooltips for weapons don't correspond to their actual stats or chances to hit.

I'm not very good at keeping the OP up to date. The issue has been known for a while now but it has nothing to do with geysers, it just happens when large animals get downed and a hunter tries to finish it off from close range. Its on my list of things to fix for the next CR release but until then a workaround is to simply draft the pawn, have him step one tile further back and shoot from there.
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

Bestusername15

I followed the steps to download this mod (Windows btw) and after restarting the game and activating all the mods it said incompatible/corrupted ect. does anyone have a solution to this or am I just stupid and didn't follow directions right?? :'(

SURU

Quote from: Bestusername15 on January 10, 2016, 05:40:24 PM
I followed the steps to download this mod (Windows btw) and after restarting the game and activating all the mods it said incompatible/corrupted ect. does anyone have a solution to this or am I just stupid and didn't follow directions right?? :'(
It's simple after few times. Did you do all steps from wiki? https://github.com/simon-82/ModVarietyPack/wiki/ModPack-Installation:-Windows ? Have you started from created in 4. shortcut? it will add to your shortcut like - savedatafolder SaveData or something like this, i don't remember, where is included mod config.
It works for me fine. And make 5. Run game once and restart it.. and check again
CraPC: AMD Phenom X3 8750 | Club 3D Radeon 7770 | Gigabyte GA-MA770-DS3 | 4GB RAM DDR2 2x2GB Kingston
Don't go this way!

Reviire

The modpack is great, but isn't the difficulty scaling a bit high? Progression is a bit slower than the base game, and I've been getting huge raids with advanced tech before I can really get started, even while having one person dedicated to research.

Quote from: Gizogin on March 16, 2012, 11:59:01 PM
I think I've been sigged more times as a result of my comments in this thread than I have in most of my other activity on these forums. 

TLHeart

Quote from: Reviire on January 11, 2016, 10:58:16 PM
The modpack is great, but isn't the difficulty scaling a bit high? Progression is a bit slower than the base game, and I've been getting huge raids with advanced tech before I can really get started, even while having one person dedicated to research.

depends on the story teller you are using, since they do vary greatly. And yes it is harder, and takes longer to get a stable base up and running.

Reviire

I guess, maybe I'm just bad. Still fairly new to the game.

Quote from: Gizogin on March 16, 2012, 11:59:01 PM
I think I've been sigged more times as a result of my comments in this thread than I have in most of my other activity on these forums. 

SURU

Quote from: Reviire on January 11, 2016, 10:58:16 PM
Yeah, it's hard. I'm actually playing on the first new one from the top, and it's hard to get started as you've said. I've barely alived 2-3 times or raid's and now when I've got sniper rifles + optics it's better, but still hard. Research is taking too long time, don't really know what do research first, and what after. I know there is research tree on wiki, but it makes my game little bit unpredictable.
CraPC: AMD Phenom X3 8750 | Club 3D Radeon 7770 | Gigabyte GA-MA770-DS3 | 4GB RAM DDR2 2x2GB Kingston
Don't go this way!