Started by simon-82, November 01, 2015, 02:28:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SURU

Quote from: simon-82 on November 01, 2015, 02:28:54 PM
Also maybe you can add to this modpack mods like:
- Numbers !!!
- Extended Woodworking
- Chop
It will be great. I don't have time for even add it for my own use and modifying files.
CraPC: AMD Phenom X3 8750 | Club 3D Radeon 7770 | Gigabyte GA-MA770-DS3 | 4GB RAM DDR2 2x2GB Kingston
Don't go this way!

Plasmatic

Love the overall way the mod plays, but theres something I dearly miss from other mod packs..

Shields.. and I don't mean personal shields, I mean buildings you build to keep your turrets from being kaboom when they one last guy can outrange them with a rocket launcher..

I've tried two shield mods I found on the forum, but neither seem to work..
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=14192.0
and
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=14135.msg186819#msg186819

Vas's (ED-shields) can be built, but the info text on the building is messed up pretty bad,  (http://imgur.com/8rPP6Sl) it won't show me the power usage, shield hp or anything.
And the one from Skullywags builds fine, but doesn't actually block anything... Bullets pass right through to my turrets, maybe I'm missing something..

Any help would be appreciated, I realize you are not the author of these mods, but I figure it could be something to look into, an optional extra if you will..

cst89

Quote from: SURU on January 14, 2016, 06:42:46 AM

First of all you did it wrong and not according to the instructions. Do that: go to the game folder, delete all items in Mods folder EXCEPT Core, run game from the old shortcut, then exit. Now copy new Mods folder and SaveData(Yes to all) folder and SETUP file to the game folder(NO on desktop!), Run setup -> It will create shortcut with properties like -savedatafolder SaveData(you can check it with rmb), then start game using NEW shortcut, exit, run again and check. Mods should be activated at last after last run.
Don't expect miracles from this SETUP, it's just simple Windows commands, which don't distinguish if you copy it on desktop or to the game folder.
If it won't help make screenshots what you doing step by step and next i will give you mine.

Well, I believe that's what I did before. I used a vanilla installation (screen 1), without any other mods except Core included. The content of the MVP pack was unzipped with 7zip and its contents then copied (screen 2) right into the game folder, not on the desktop (screen 3). Setup created a shortcut right in the game folder (screen 4). When launched, it created the "RimWorld ModVarietyPack" shortcut. I launched the game with the MVP shortcut, changed a couple of settings, the mods were already active, then exited the game. Launched again with the MVP shortcut - everything is OK until now.

After that, I moved/made a shortcut of the "RimWorld ModVarietyPack" shortcut on my desktop (screen 5), and launched the game. It seems that launching the game with replaced "RimWorld ModVarietyPack" shortcut from the gamefolder to the desktop "disconnects" from previously generated SaveData folder (located in the gamefolder) and generates a new SaveData folder in its new location, i.e. desktop (screen 6). All the settings were reverted to defaults (screen 7). This did not occur in previous versions, I played with a shortcut on my desktop without the SaveData folder being recreated on the desktop. Thanks!

TLHeart

Quote from: cst89 on January 14, 2016, 03:01:13 PM

First of all you did it wrong and not according to the instructions. Do that: go to the game folder, delete all items in Mods folder EXCEPT Core, run game from the old shortcut, then exit. Now copy new Mods folder and SaveData(Yes to all) folder and SETUP file to the game folder(NO on desktop!), Run setup -> It will create shortcut with properties like -savedatafolder SaveData(you can check it with rmb), then start game using NEW shortcut, exit, run again and check. Mods should be activated at last after last run.
Don't expect miracles from this SETUP, it's just simple Windows commands, which don't distinguish if you copy it on desktop or to the game folder.
If it won't help make screenshots what you doing step by step and next i will give you mine.

Well, I believe that's what I did before. I used a vanilla installation (screen 1), without any other mods except Core included. The content of the MVP pack was unzipped with 7zip and its contents then copied (screen 2) right into the game folder, not on the desktop (screen 3). Setup created a shortcut right in the game folder (screen 4). When launched, it created the "RimWorld ModVarietyPack" shortcut. I launched the game with the MVP shortcut, changed a couple of settings, the mods were already active, then exited the game. Launched again with the MVP shortcut - everything is OK until now.

After that, I moved/made a shortcut of the "RimWorld ModVarietyPack" shortcut on my desktop (screen 5), and launched the game. It seems that launching the game with replaced "RimWorld ModVarietyPack" shortcut from the gamefolder to the desktop "disconnects" from previously generated SaveData folder (located in the gamefolder) and generates a new SaveData folder in its new location, i.e. desktop (screen 6). All the settings were reverted to defaults (screen 7). This did not occur in previous versions, I played with a shortcut on my desktop without the SaveData folder being recreated on the desktop. Thanks!

HOW did you create the shortcut for the desktop?

And What version of windows are you using?

As I can not recreate the problem you are having with windows 8.

simon-82

Quote from: Plasmatic on January 14, 2016, 02:34:55 PM
Love the overall way the mod plays, but theres something I dearly miss from other mod packs..

Shields.. and I don't mean personal shields, I mean buildings you build to keep your turrets from being kaboom when they one last guy can outrange them with a rocket launcher..

and

Vas's (ED-shields) can be built, but the info text on the building is messed up pretty bad,  (http://imgur.com/7DiJUXs) it won't show me the power usage, shield hp or anything.
And the one from Skullywags builds fine, but doesn't actually block anything... Bullets pass right through to my turrets, maybe I'm missing something..

Any help would be appreciated, I realize you are not the author of these mods, but I figure it could be something to look into, an optional extra if you will..
Had ED-shields in the pack. They need to be compatible with CR. Jaxxa made a compatibility patch for CR. This patch causes save game corruption. (You can build them, but if you save and reload, your game will semi-crash). So I removed them from the pack.
Tried skully's shields already. They don't block CR bullets. He is working on a patch for CR.
And that is, why I don't have shields in the pack.

You created a shortcut to a shortcut (your screen 5 - D'oh!). It doesn't work that way on windows.
Also, the script deletes itself after you launched it. Move (!) the shortcut created by script to the desktop and launch that. That works.
See this guy and his issue on github. He did the same thing as you. Read that:
https://github.com/simon-82/ModVarietyPack/issues/89

Plasmatic

Quote from: simon-82 on January 14, 2016, 04:12:42 PM
Quote from: Plasmatic on January 14, 2016, 02:34:55 PM

and

Vas's (ED-shields) can be built, but the info text on the building is messed up pretty bad,  (http://imgur.com/7DiJUXs) it won't show me the power usage, shield hp or anything.

Had ED-shields in the pack. They need to be compatible with CR. Jaxxa made a compatibility patch for CR. This patch causes save game corruption. (You can build them, but if you save and reload, your game will semi-crash). So I removed them from the pack.
Tried skully's shields already. They don't block CR bullets. He is working on a patch for CR.
And that is, why I don't have shields in the pack.

Alright, thanks, I guess I just wait :)

charps

Registered just to say thanks for compiling this collection.  At first I was put off a bit by how confusing the tech tree and route to the different tiers of items could be.  After fumbling through the research branches and new materials I've learned how it all works together and have to say this mod collection essentially polishes and expands this game into something truly incredible.  Thank you to all the mod authors.  Amazing!

hoochy

Quote from: SURU on January 13, 2016, 08:33:18 AM
Quote from: hoochy on January 13, 2016, 03:08:33 AM
Great modpack!! There are no upgrade instructions on the github. Is it only possible to use this mod by deleting everything and restarting?

I saw there were some fixes to hats in the latest release which I thought wouldn't break much if anything but can't find the way to just upgrade my existing version.
Do you mean fixes to hats, it is in one mod in this modpack? If yes just replace files in this mod to upgrade. If names are different change it in ModConfig.xml. It should work i think.

Thanks, I just copied over everything after backing everything up, and the new one went in fine. Allowtool works great too. Save game initially complained mod order was different but nothing bad happened.

There seems to be a bug related to outfits in general but I'm not sure if its a main game bug or not. Sometimes if I Change what outfits they are allowed to wear they will just stand around doing nothing, being unable to be controlled until they die from starvation. Kinda weird.

SURU

Just make shortcut to RimWorld game > RMB (Rimworld shortcut) > Send to desktop > go to DESKTOP, rmb on this shortcut and add property like "-savedatafolder SaveData" to this. It will change save data folder from %appdata% to gamefolder. That's all. Or try to Cut + Paste (not dragging) it from game folder to desktop, and check rmb properties if it's name like "-savedatafolder SaveData" at last of the line.
CraPC: AMD Phenom X3 8750 | Club 3D Radeon 7770 | Gigabyte GA-MA770-DS3 | 4GB RAM DDR2 2x2GB Kingston
Don't go this way!

Plasmatic

I noticed something odd when my colonists are trying to finish off a downed hunting target..

They will literally shoot right over it's head and hit whatever other colonist/animal happens to be running past at whatever their max range is.

It's like they don't aim down at all if the hit calculation fails.. Obviously they wouldn't hit the animal if it failed... but you'd think even the most terrible shot would still hit the ground around where you are trying to aim :)

skullywag

Does this use combat realism. If so im guessing thats the cause. If not....thats uhhh wierd...
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

SURU

Quote from: Plasmatic on January 15, 2016, 02:58:43 AM
I noticed something odd when my colonists are trying to finish off a downed hunting target..

They will literally shoot right over it's head and hit whatever other colonist/animal happens to be running past at whatever their max range is.

It's like they don't aim down at all if the hit calculation fails.. Obviously they wouldn't hit the animal if it failed... but you'd think even the most terrible shot would still hit the ground around where you are trying to aim :)
I think it's too much based on relation with how-much-shooting-skill, which working not so well. I mean it works like this for everything, it not see the difference about shooting to running guys vs shooting to fallen down animal. Algorythm working the same - about calculations. For me it should be implemented like (in a big simplify) if(someone is down) { shot chance = 100% / miss chance = 0% }
It's question for Combat Realism makers, or Tynan ^^
Don't go this way!

Fluffy (l2032)

it's not quite that simple. CR uses visible area to decide how hard a target is to hit, so if a pawn (height 1) is hiding behind a sandbag (height .5), there's .5 area to hit. If the pawn is downed, he'll be height .4, so there's nothing left to hit. (heights are examples and may not be the actual heights used).

Then there's things like recoil, weapon sway and just plain skill that all contribute to hit factors.

The fact that hunters with some weapons always miss their close range 'killshot' against some animals is a known and weird bug in CR, that the author is aware of and trying to solve.

skullywag

Irl we hunters would whip out our knives...hint hint..cmon NIA i believe in you.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Plasmatic

Quote from: skullywag on January 15, 2016, 07:26:26 AM
Irl we hunters would whip out our knives...hint hint..cmon NIA i believe in you.

It would be nice if they went for melee instead while the whole thing is being worked on.. I've lost a few colonists to me hunters apparently being TERRIBLE close range shots... Random headshots on other colonists running around...