[A12d][ModPack] The ModVarietyPack

Started by simon-82, November 01, 2015, 02:28:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Torchwood2002

I am experiencing a weird bug when installing this modpack. (I'm using a mac)
After installing the mods and modconfig, the game says that the mods are incompatible.
The weird part is this: when I open the modconfig AFTER launching and getting the error, the modconfig only contains the "Core" mod. BEFORE launching, the modconfig lists all of the mods and their order.

Plasmatic

Quote from: Torchwood2002 on January 15, 2016, 08:34:19 PM
After installing the mods and modconfig, the game says that the mods are incompatible.
The weird part is this: when I open the modconfig AFTER launching and getting the error, the modconfig only contains the "Core" mod. BEFORE launching, the modconfig lists all of the mods and their order.

Sounds like you aren't launching with the added shortcut.. if I launched the game with the standard .exe file the mods did not load.. Ofcourse, this is on Windows, not mac, and I'm not experienced enough with mac to know what's going on :)

EDIT: after looking at the install instructions for mac.. Ignore me, I apparently have 0 clue what I'm talking about hahaha

Adalah217

I'm trying to disable the growth of trees like oak (or lock them to a later unique research after Tier III or IV agriculture) which shouldn't be too hard, but I can't find the def where oak trees are at. I found the Core def in the spawning of biomes, but I can't find it in the plants_cultivated part. I tried disabling the base tree, but it causes problems with all the fruit trees. Anyone know where I can find or do this?

My reason is because I hate myself and want to make it a little harder to get wood.. ;)

Edit: Actually, I haven't played vanilla in so long, that I forgot it was a vanilla thing anyways. Of course it's only location is in the core.

akisute

Quote from: Torchwood2002 on January 15, 2016, 08:34:19 PM

I've got a same issue here. I've looked into the console log and found that the something is wrong with Community Core Library. I don't know much about CCL but it looks like the function named CCL.detour() or something like that is failing due to the stupid null reference exception...

I also tried to enable mods one by one following the provided ModsConfig.xml order and found out when I enabled the MVP (which is obviously Mod Variety Pack Core) the error occurs. Hope this helps.

Fluffy (l2032)

A null reference error can happen anywhere, can you guys give some more info? This error seems to be in a part of CCL I'm responsible for.

Are you using win, linux or mac?
Can you please attach the output_log.txt (found in RimWorldxxx_Data folder)?

ImAnoob

How do you "restart" and where do i play after i restarted it?

akisute

Quote from: Fluffy (l2032) on January 16, 2016, 03:00:12 AM
A null reference error can happen anywhere, can you guys give some more info? This error seems to be in a part of CCL I'm responsible for.

Sure. I'm running the game on Mac(Yosemite, 10.10.5, iMac Late 2012). It sounds like a serious one than I thought so here's an exact Player.log that Rimworld spitted out. I believe the folloing line is the source of the problem:

Caught exception while loading play data but there are active mods other than Core. Resetting mods config and trying again.
The exception was: System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at CommunityCoreLibrary.Detours.TryDetourFromTo (System.Reflection.MethodInfo source, System.Reflection.MethodInfo destination) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at AllowModdedHeads.Bootstrap..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.MonoCMethod:InternalInvoke (object,object[],System.Exception&)
  at System.Reflection.MonoCMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
  at System.Reflection.MonoCMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Reflection.MonoCMethod.Invoke (BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Reflection.ConstructorInfo.Invoke (System.Object[] parameters) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Activator.CreateInstance (System.Type type, Boolean nonPublic) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Activator.CreateInstance (System.Type type) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.ITabManager.GetSharedInstance (System.Type tabType) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.ThingDef.PostLoad () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.MonoMethod:InternalInvoke (object,object[],System.Exception&)
  at System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.XmlToObject.TryDoPostLoad (System.Object obj) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.XmlToObject.ObjectFromXml[ThingDef] (System.Xml.XmlNode xmlRoot, Boolean doPostLoad) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.XmlLoader+<AllGameItemsFromAsset>c__Iterator147`1[Verse.ThingDef].MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.ModDefSet`1[Verse.ThingDef].ReloadAllFromFiles () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.LoadedMod.ReloadAllContent () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.LoadedModManager.LoadAllActiveMods () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.PlayDataLoader.DoPlayLoad () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.PlayDataLoader.LoadAllPlayData (Boolean recovering) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/MacStandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

Tried to load Biomes.xml while loading Bootstrap.xml. This will corrupt the internal state of DataLoader.

(Filename: /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/MacStandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

Successfully recovered from errors and loaded play data.

I'm also downloading the older versions (like 1.23b or 1.22) to see I can run them or not. I'll post the result once I've finished.

Edit: Oh, I found the log says AllowModdedHeads.Bootstrap..ctor () is causing the problem. So I guess I can run the version 1.22 but not 1.23 or later because AllowModdedHeads.dll has been updated in 1.23. Let's see...
Edit 2: Bullseye! I CAN launch and play in version 1.22 without any problems. It has to be the issue of AllowModdedHeads.dll. So I've done my part, good luck bug hunting  ;D

[attachment deleted due to age]

Torchwood2002

QuoteEdit 2: Bullseye! I CAN launch and play in version 1.22 without any problems. It has to be the issue of AllowModdedHeads.dll. So I've done my part, good luck bug hunting  ;D
Are you talking about using CCL 1.22? I can't seem to find that specific one... I can only find 1.21 and 1.23  :-[

TLHeart

Quote from: Torchwood2002 on January 16, 2016, 10:34:52 AM
QuoteEdit 2: Bullseye! I CAN launch and play in version 1.22 without any problems. It has to be the issue of AllowModdedHeads.dll. So I've done my part, good luck bug hunting  ;D
Are you talking about using CCL 1.22? I can't seem to find that specific one... I can only find 1.21 and 1.23  :-[
no he is talking about the modpack numbers... 1.22 was before the detour to heads was added..

just go to the github page, and scroll down, all the versions are there on the download page

https://github.com/simon-82/ModVarietyPack/releases

Plasmatic

If others are looking for shields,
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=14711.msg153943#msg153943
seems to work fine, I can load and save without issue and they do absorb CR ammo.. they are just kinda limited sadly..

Asked if its possible to have them extend away from the building one more so you can fit a wall there, but I dunno. I really have no idea what I'm doing outside of some easy xml files ^^

Torchwood2002

Quote from: TLHeart on January 16, 2016, 11:34:05 AM
no he is talking about the modpack numbers... 1.22 was before the detour to heads was added..

just go to the github page, and scroll down, all the versions are there on the download page

https://github.com/simon-82/ModVarietyPack/releases

Ah.  :-[ Silly me.

EDIT: Revenge of the bugs. I cannot place Grow Zones in 1.22. Whenever I try, the measurements show up but I can not actually 'place' the zone. Everything else is running great, no errors messages whatsoever.

cst89

You created a shortcut to a shortcut (your screen 5 - D'oh!). It doesn't work that way on windows.
Also, the script deletes itself after you launched it. Move (!) the shortcut created by script to the desktop and launch that. That works.
See this guy and his issue on github. He did the same thing as you. Read that:
https://github.com/simon-82/ModVarietyPack/issues/89

OK i understood the shortcut properties problem now. But I tried to move the shortcut created by script to my desktop (http://i.imgur.com/Qe2wrS0.jpg) and after I launch the game, it creates a new SaveData folder on my desktop again  (http://i.imgur.com/FZ7EmDR.jpg).

The script was left after I closed the script window by clicking the close (X) button in windows, not by pressing any key to exit. However the script was executed and the shortcut was created.

Fluffy (l2032)

Quote from: akisute on January 16, 2016, 04:00:54 AM
Quote from: Fluffy (l2032) on January 16, 2016, 03:00:12 AM

Sure. I'm running the game on Mac(Yosemite, 10.10.5, iMac Late 2012). It sounds like a serious one than I thought so here's an exact Player.log that Rimworld spitted out. I believe the folloing line is the source of the problem:

Caught exception while loading play data but there are active mods other than Core. Resetting mods config and trying again.
The exception was: System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at CommunityCoreLibrary.Detours.TryDetourFromTo (System.Reflection.MethodInfo source, System.Reflection.MethodInfo destination) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at AllowModdedHeads.Bootstrap..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.MonoCMethod:InternalInvoke (object,object[],System.Exception&)
  at System.Reflection.MonoCMethod.Invoke (BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Reflection.ConstructorInfo.Invoke (System.Object[] parameters) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Activator.CreateInstance (System.Type type, Boolean nonPublic) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Activator.CreateInstance (System.Type type) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.ITabManager.GetSharedInstance (System.Type tabType) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.ThingDef.PostLoad () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.MonoMethod:InternalInvoke (object,object[],System.Exception&)
  at System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.XmlToObject.TryDoPostLoad (System.Object obj) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.XmlToObject.ObjectFromXml[ThingDef] (System.Xml.XmlNode xmlRoot, Boolean doPostLoad) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.XmlLoader+<AllGameItemsFromAsset>c__Iterator147`1[Verse.ThingDef].MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.ModDefSet`1[Verse.ThingDef].ReloadAllFromFiles () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.LoadedMod.ReloadAllContent () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.LoadedModManager.LoadAllActiveMods () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.PlayDataLoader.DoPlayLoad () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.PlayDataLoader.LoadAllPlayData (Boolean recovering) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Tried to load Biomes.xml while loading Bootstrap.xml. This will corrupt the internal state of DataLoader.

Successfully recovered from errors and loaded play data.

I'm also downloading the older versions (like 1.23b or 1.22) to see I can run them or not. I'll post the result once I've finished.

Edit: Oh, I found the log says AllowModdedHeads.Bootstrap..ctor () is causing the problem. So I guess I can run the version 1.22 but not 1.23 or later because AllowModdedHeads.dll has been updated in 1.23. Let's see...
Edit 2: Bullseye! I CAN launch and play in version 1.22 without any problems. It has to be the issue of AllowModdedHeads.dll. So I've done my part, good luck bug hunting  ;D

Thanks, that helps quite a bit. I'm afraid there might be some issues with the CCL detour methods on non-windows platforms. I personally have neither the expertise nor access to a mac to get to the bottom of this, but I'll see what I can do.

In the mean time, you should be able to safely delete the allowmoddedheads mod (or just disable) in the latest version of MVP, the only noticeable difference will be that you won't get the new facial hair and scarred heads.

TLHeart

Quote from: Fluffy (l2032) on January 16, 2016, 05:47:00 PM

Thanks, that helps quite a bit. I'm afraid there might be some issues with the CCL detour methods on non-windows platforms. I personally have neither the expertise nor access to a mac to get to the bottom of this, but I'll see what I can do.

In the mean time, you should be able to safely delete the allowmoddedheads mod (or just disable) in the latest version of MVP, the only noticeable difference will be that you won't get the new facial hair and scarred heads.

Sorry to say there is no allow modded heads mod, simon put it inside the MVP mod...Will need to delete the dll from the assemblies folder, and from the xml files manually.

Torchwood2002

When I'm using the 1.22 version, I cannot place a grow zone. When I try, the measurements show up but the squares do not 'light up' and set.